Is there a Thai version of a USA "Quit Deed" ?????

Hi

I am trying to find out how much it will be for my Thai Wife's sister to transfer the Title of their house to my wife's name. The house it located in Bangkok.

Basically looking for any info on what it will cost do the paperwork and if there any other fees or taxes that will need to be paid in Thailand.

My friend who is a realtor here in the USA, says it is a simple transaction here that will cost about $50 to do a "Quit Deed" ....

So just trying to find out what a similar thing in Thailand will be. NO money is changing hands at all between my wife and her sister.

Her sister will remain living in the house.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks so much.

Your friend is wrong, because this isn't the USA.

Every change of ownership is treated as a sale. You have to pay the standard sale fees and taxes.

This depends on the sale price or the assessed value, whichever is higher, plus how long the current owner has owned the property for.

The land office will be able to give you an exact price. If you tell us the details we might be able to give you an estimate.

33 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Your friend is wrong, because this isn't the USA.

Every change of ownership is treated as a sale. You have to pay the standard sale fees and taxes.

This depends on the sale price or the assessed value, whichever is higher, plus how long the current owner has owned the property for.

The land office will be able to give you an exact price. If you tell us the details we might be able to give you an estimate.

Maybe only a transfer fee of 2% applies on a gift from one sister to another.