DSI Detects Dhammachayo’s Phone Signal

rooster59

DSI Detects Dhammachayo’s Phone Signal

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

Dhammy-696x522.jpg

Dhammakaya monks and followers protest the use of the junta’s self-granted absolute power to search the temple Saturday in front of Wat Dhammakaya.

PATHUM THANI — The Department of Special Investigation, or DSI, said Saturday it is verifying whether a signal believed to have come from the fugitive former abbot at the center of their siege on a sprawling temple complex north of the capital was genuine.

The agency’s director said the signal picked up one week was an outgoing call from inside the temple to a hospital in the Rama IX area at 4am on Feb. 18, two days after the DSI gained entry to Dhammachayo’s room and found nothing but pillows in a human shape.

Director Paisit Wongmuang said he had ordered a search of the area where the signal was found, Matichon reported, as it may not have been used by Dhammachayo himself.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/02/25/dsi-detects-dhammachayos-phone-signal/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-02-25

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

".....Dhammachayo’s room and found nothing but pillows in a human shape".

Dhammachayo it seems has morphed into a collection of pillows and it was the head pillow that made the phone call. Someone in there must have a finely tuned sense of humour and is giving the DSI the run around big time with their practical jokes. Can't wait for tomorrow to see what the next sucker punch is.

I strongly suspect our dodgy monk is a bit more wily than to get caught from a phone signal. That sort of thing is reserved for idiot English burglars who don't turn off data on a stolen iPhone.  The police are being made to look more and more stupid with every passing day that he eludes them. (As if that were possible,) I also suspect he is going to elude them for a lot longer yet.  It seems he has a fair amount of disposable cash (1.2 Billion Baht), to finance his cordon avoiding movements.  I mean if 3,500 cops haven't found him in a relatively small space by now, you have to think they aren't going to.

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Grasping at straws,comes to mind,they have just made the

statement about the phone signal,so in their minds they think

they are getting closer to finding him,but they are not even warm.

regards worgeordie

By now he may well have passed away peacefully in his hyperbaric chamber and since been cremated and his ashes caste to the wind. 

Who would know?

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

you know, at what point do you start rooting for the bad guy just because he is sticking to the man?

you have to give him that. :cheesy::cheesy:

'Start rooting for the bad guy just because he is sticking it to The Man'.

Right! I am no fan of this temple or its erstwhile abbot, but I must say that it is a rare delight to see - for the first time in nearly 3 years - mass opposition to the happiness-spreading junta.  Such opposition and defiance are not really coming - on a large scale - from anywhere else.

4 hours ago, Eligius said:

'Start rooting for the bad guy just because he is sticking it to The Man'.

Right! I am no fan of this temple or its erstwhile abbot, but I must say that it is a rare delight to see - for the first time in nearly 3 years - mass opposition to the happiness-spreading junta.  Such opposition and defiance are not really coming - on a large scale - from anywhere else.

Why do you say mass opposition to the happiness-spreading junta? Please share some specific support for your statement.  

5 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

By now he may well have passed away peacefully in his hyperbaric chamber and since been cremated and his ashes caste to the wind. 

Who would know?

Could be true, which would mean that the appropriate person / the medical practitioner has been derelict in not reporting a death.

Edited by scorecard

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Grasping at straws,comes to mind,they have just made the

statement about the phone signal,so in their minds they think

they are getting closer to finding him,but they are not even warm.

regards worgeordie

Actually the authorities mentioned much earlier there is no guarantee whatever that if it was the mobile belonging to the rogue monk, that it was him using it, an obvious point.

But no doubt it's a nice item to latch onto for some negative comments.