I'm moving to a new city.. Immigration requirements??

I currently have a retirement "permission to  remain" visa that's good until late November.     Do I need to start over with all requirements at the new city such as bank income letter and etc?    When I move, I'll first go to a hotel for a few weeks to get the lay of the land.     Do I have some breathing room to produce a long term rental contract?    I know there is technically a 24 hour window to notify the Thailand government as to my location but how soon do I need to go to immigration and what documents do I need to bring.   Photos, copies of passport, and etc??

Will my multi entry permission stamp remain valid or do I need to pay the baht to renew it for the remainder of my current permission to stay.

TIA.

You need to do nothing more than change your address by submitting a TM28 change of address form at the immigration for where you will be living.

Dependent upon the what the new offices wants you may need to get a TM30 form signed by the owner where you are living.

Then you can do your 90 day reports to there and apply for your next extension when it is due.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

When I moved to a new City / Province the Immigration in the new province was a pain in the b***. They demanded that I get a Yellow House Book before I could do even 90 day reports there.

Good Luck @watcharacters and I hope you don't experience the trouble we went through.

would be nice for the thread to say which office

I think your hotel would be doing online tm30 for you, and then do a 28 and a 30 when you rent, but there is certainly something to be said for tm30 friendly rentals.  They don't give apartment renters yellow books in my tambon, so that would be a catch 22.  I would also open a new account with the same bank...in the new province, then transfer money in and close the old one.  I have always had to go to my home branch for letters....so I doubt BKK IMMIGRATION wants to see letters from Chiang Mai..etc... And of course it depends on the direction the wind is blowing.

Edited by KhonKaenKowboy

The hotel should report your presence using a TM30.

You should file a TM28 using the hotel address if you intend to stay for a few weeks.

When you find suitable rented accommodation, ensure the landlord will supply signed copies of their ID card and Tabien Baan.

You should then refile another TM28 and the landlord a TM30.

Whatever bank your currently with, find the nearest branch in your new city and transfer your account there,

That will ensure your funds are well seasoned for your next extension and avoid paying out of province expenses withdrawing cash in another province.

Your current extension is not affected.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

n the past it was said that some immi offices requests one to conduct the 90 day report at ones previous location until 6 months having lapsed living at the new location.

There is no such requirement and never has been one. Until a couple of years ago they would allow you to your reports at any immigration office.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

so I doubt BKK IMMIGRATION wants to see letters from Chiang Mai..etc...

Bangkok Bank at Chaeng Wattana will print the financial letter for immigration regardless where the origin branch is. 

There is no need to go to branch that you opened the account originally.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foozool said:

Bangkok Bank at Chaeng Wattana will print the financial letter for immigration regardless where the origin branch is. 

There is no need to go to branch that you opened the account originally.

Why am I surprised to find out that this isn't the case at ALL Bangkok Bank branches???

T.I.T to the M.A.X. :1zgarz5:

4 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Why am I surprised to find out that this isn't the case at ALL Bangkok Bank branches???

T.I.T to the M.A.X. :1zgarz5:

It is the case at all Bangkok bank branches .....they can access your account at any branch and do the letter for Immigration.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2017 at 1:58 PM, ubonjoe said:

Nonsense

How would he do his 90 reports? How would he apply for his next extension?

Sounds like the OP is on a multi entry visa, if that is the case it would depend on a change to extension.

If you live here on a visa no need to go anywhere near immigration. Looks like been confused by some of the recent posts.

42 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Sounds like the OP is on a multi entry visa, if that is the case it would depend on a change to extension.

This is what the OP wrote.

On 2/25/2017 at 4:45 PM, watcharacters said:

I currently have a retirement "permission to  remain" visa that's good until late November.    Do I need to start over with all requirements at the new city such as bank income letter and etc?

It appears he has an extension already.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This is what the OP wrote.

It appears he has an extension already.

You may be right if you think the other part of what was written means extension. " Will my multi entry permission stamp remain valid"

You have made an assumption from an ambiguous post.

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You may be right if you think the other part of what was written means extension. " Will my multi entry permission stamp remain valid"

You have made an assumption from an ambiguous post.

I think that is what he was calling a multiple re-entry permit.

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

If you live here on a visa no need to go anywhere near immigration. Looks like been confused by some of the recent posts.

Non Imm O-A multi entry Visa would allow you to make 90 day reports at Immigration.

I currently have a retirement "permission to  remain" visa that's good until late November.

Certainly whatever he has is valid for 1 year.

Permission to remain suggests an extension. A ME Visa would only allow permission to enter.

The OP hasn't been back since he posted, so our answers appear to be wasted anyway.

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You may well be right but the fact that you "think" means it is an assumption.

You declared a comment "Nonsense" based on an assumption.

43 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You may well be right but the fact that you "think" means it is an assumption.

You declared a comment "Nonsense" based on an assumption.

It is nonsense no matter what the OP has. Stating it could be years before they found out he had moved is also silly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is nonsense no matter what the OP has. Stating it could be years before they found out he had moved is also silly.

That may well be your opinion, the silly part was declaring it as nonsense, but par for the course.

There is nothing nonsensical in doing nothing until told otherwise, which is what was advised.

23 hours ago, dentonian said:

The OP hasn't been back since he posted, so our answers appear to be wasted anyway.

He may well have been tied up going through various hoops at the insistence of the Kap Choeng office, who are particularly renowned for their rogue practices!:shock1:

In particular, as a retiree on an extension of stay (as, I assume, he is), he will wish to be aware that they have, in the past, been placing retirement extension applicants on 30-day "under consideration" hold as in the case of marriage extensions. That said, I have not seen any recent reports on here as to whether they are still doing this.

6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

That may well be your opinion, the silly part was declaring it as nonsense, but par for the course.

There is nothing nonsensical in doing nothing until told otherwise, which is what was advised.

And par for your course would appear to be unpleasant confrontation, as I have experienced personally at first hand from you in connection with another topic recently.

On 2/28/2017 at 4:12 PM, ubonjoe said:

Sorry for the delayed reply.        I am currently that headless chicken running around what with all the things I'm trying to do in a short amount of time.

Clarification:    I have the standard "permission to stay" retirement visa where I show up annually  at immigration to report my address and give proof of my funds (money).

I only mentioned the  multi entry permit as I  always pay the 3900 THB for the multi entry stamp good for one year.   I wonder if that will stay intact  once I report to a new immigration office.

I apologize for not saying the correct "permission to stay"  but honestly I really don't pay close attention to all the different visas the country offers and if I did pay attention I'd forget them anyway..

I'm over 50 and I keep the 800K THB seasoned in the bank.     I have an address and have lived in Thailand for several years.    I get a new "permission to remain" annually and I report every 90 days.

In no way do I wish to instigate a shit fest about my situation but  rather I'd sincerely just like to know what my  immigration reporting  responsibilities  are at  my new destination.    How soon do I need to report even thou initially  I won't  have a new permanent address?   I'm headed to a storage facility and  getting a hotel room so I can branch out and find a permanent place.

Again I say TIA

Thanks once again.

Edited by watcharacters

Before I leave my current residence, should  I bother to   get a  bank letter for immigration for my new destination?

I have had funds seasoned for several years in my current location.    Will  such a   letter  matter   to immigration   to  wherever  I go?   

Conversely should I just transfer the account funds to a local branch of the  bank where I arrive?

What should I anticipate?   

15 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Before I leave my current residence, should  I bother to   get a  bank letter for immigration for my new destination?

You will not need a bank letter until November when you apply for your extension. If you got one now it would not be accepted.

Dependent upon what Bank you use you should be able to get a letter for your existing account at a branch of it where you are moving to.

For convenience it might be best to open a new account at a bank where you will be living and then move the funds to that account at least 3 month before you apply for your extension.

First thing to do when you move is file a TM28 and TM30 at your new Immigration office so you make further 90 day reports there and submit your next extension when the time comes.

Find the nearest branch of whoever you bank with and transfer your funds there. That will ensure your money is seasoned in time and you don't pay for out of province withdrawals.

49 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Find the nearest branch of whoever you bank with and transfer your funds there.

That would mean opening an account at that branch.

Account numbers are for a particular branch. At most banks if not all the branch number is the first 3 digits of the account number.