SURVEY: Do you believe the gov't will apprehend Phra Dhammachayo?

Scott

SURVEY: Will the government apprehend Phra Dhammachayo?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There has been an intensive search for Phra Dhammachayo.   Do you believe that the government is going to succeed in arresting him?  

Please feel free to leave a comment about your opinion of the siege of the temple and the search for the former abbot.  

Here are some links for reference:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/970235-whose-legitimacy-is-at-stake-in-dhammakaya-siege/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/970467-the-power-struggle-behind%C2%A0thailands-temple-row/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/970476-extremist-myanmar-monk-organises-rally-in-support-of-dhammakaya-temple-in-thailand/

Any man that has amassed such a fortune and conned so many people would never not have a back door plan maybe multiples there of. Like a good chess player he no doubt figured out each and every move by the plod in advance and planned counter moves. I doubt if he is onsite as even the BIB might accidentally stumble over him but then he might even pull a Jean Val Jean and be disguised and be sitting right among the bright orange crowd. The guy is no Dhammakaya dummy. 

40 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

He has too much money at his beck and call to be ever caught.

Agree but I add, sadly money still talks, plus there have been many comments over several years that many very rich and powerful Thais have 'invested' very very large amounts of money to buy a 'preferred seat in heaven'.

These folks believe this to be all true so they will protect their 'preferred seat in heaven' by whatever means / by whatever ruthless means they need to invoke and that perhaps means supporting violence. 

Given the publicity this is getting (putting it in a different category from your common or garden unpunished rich man's criminality), it seems to me that the longer it drags on, the greater the pressure on the government to arrest & prosecute. The thing about the military is that they have, or project, a can-do ethos that is being severely embarrassed at the moment.

And, while it's a police matter, the PM has made public comments so the problem of face arises ...

Possibly?

Perhaps they are waiting for the constabulary to become sufficiently annoyed at losing their facebook connections on their mobile phones, and being ripped off for their lunches, to swing into some form of coherent action and actually look for him?

The rogue monk owes it to his disciples/followers to dislose his location, so that they can get on with their normal lives within the Temple.  However I doubt he will, and as said above, i think the government wants to downgrade the facility as it is becoming/has become far too powerful.

I believe they want to, but will be unable to just because of the high connections this monk and the temple has to.

Still even if the government can't apprehend him, the junta government has to do what it can to investigate the money laundering cases and to deplete the power the monk and the temple has on its followers.

History has proven time and time again that those that perverse the truth and good teachings will be expose eventually.

I sincerely just hope that this will not turn into a tragedy like many cults we have seen in the recent decades.

Already a man has committed suicide for temple. No one needs to die for a monk that does not come out to answer his charges to protect his followers