Immigration queues in and out at Suvarnabhumi – why no privilege for work permit holders?

Big queues in and out of Suvarnabhumi are rightly being reported. I am a regular traveller for work and have to queue with all the tourists. With automation there are no longer any queues for Thais. Got me wondering, why as a tax-paying work permit holder is there no privilege available to me and the rest of you with work permits. Why, when going in or out of Thailand with work permit in hand, is there no right to use the privilege queue?

I’ve actually tried using my work permit on entering Thailand at the suvarnambhumi privilege desk three times; twice I was able to use it and was through immigration in minutes but the last time I was refused and had to go join the masses.

Are ALL airlines' business class passengers now entitled to the Fast Track lane?  I believe TG passengers just need to show their business class boarding pass, but don't other airlines' passengers need to show a Fast Track card?  If so, do all airlines distribute Fast Track cards?  From past discussions over the years, I recall that the airlines need to pay a fee per card so not all airlines participate.

On 3/4/2017 at 1:54 PM, wpcoe said:

Are ALL airlines' business class passengers now entitled to the Fast Track lane?  I believe TG passengers just need to show their business class boarding pass, but don't other airlines' passengers need to show a Fast Track card?  If so, do all airlines distribute Fast Track cards?  From past discussions over the years, I recall that the airlines need to pay a fee per card so not all airlines participate.

No, only the airlines which have a agreement with the airport as they have to pay for the fast track service.

Why would holding a work permit entitles you to special treatment ?

Then it should also for people who live here permanent or are married to Thai national etc etc.

I'm married with Thai national and live here for over 28 years, Do i get special treatment? Don't think so.

But i get fast track because as i pay for business class.

2 hours ago, merijn said:

No, only the airlines which have a agreement with the airport as they have to pay for the fast track service.

Thanks for confirming that that is still the case.  This isn't the first thread where someone posted simply to fly business class to get Fast Track, so I wondered if it had changed.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why no privilege for pensioners????

Just the same as no priviledge for work permit holders.

All peasants have to queue, only hi-so business passengers can go through fast track

as one airline manager said: "If you make everyone a frequent flyer, nobody actually is"

On 3/6/2017 at 1:40 AM, merijn said:

Why would holding a work permit entitles you to special treatment ?

Then it should also for people who live here permanent or are married to Thai national etc etc.

I'm married with Thai national and live here for over 28 years, Do i get special treatment? Don't think so.

But i get fast track because as i pay for business class.

Work permit holders as tax payers, and people who live here ON PERMANENT RES or are married to Thai national (support thai wife visa) should get be able to enter/depart easier than tourists.

10 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Paying taxes here (like Thais) which non-work permit people don't do!

Working and having a work-permit are not prerequisites of paying income tax. Having an income is a prerequisite. Some people have incomes from property and other investments both here and abroad. I have a decent income but I haven't worked for more than 10 years since I was 50, and I've never worked here at all, nor do I have any income generated here apart from some bank interest. Foreign money is the very best sort any economy can have as all local economy money is simply moved around rather than being a net addition. So as someone who brings a lot of foreign money into the country, and who doesnt take any work away from Thais, I think that I deserve a fast-track ticket much more than anyone who works here.

Though like others I get a free fast-track ticket by flying business class anyway, so the question is irrelevant.

On 3/11/2017 at 9:38 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Paying taxes here (like Thais) which non-work permit people don't do!

Those on extended stays based on a Non-Immigrant Visa, ought to be considered administratively vetted and less of a "threat", so to speak.   Immigration has all my and my wife's sensitive personal data, a map to my house, photos of my bedroom, which banks I use and how much I have and/or my monthly income amount.  I report to them every year, every 90 days and twice if I exit/return to the country.  I'd say we are pretty well inspected and monitored already so right, come on then, give us our own lane so we don't have to queue up behind a gaggle of lost souls searching for a pen, and the name/address of their hotel in Patio Beach.  :laugh:

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:30 AM, colinneil said:

Why no privilege for pensioners????

Just the same as no priviledge for work permit holders.

All peasants have to queue, only hi-so business passengers can go through fast track

Seems that some pensioners can, providing they're over 70.

Fast Track BKK.jpg

I'm very pleased to say that I've had such a thing since last August.  I work for a large multi national here under a work permit and we were told that the work permit holder and any family members  here under that work permit were eligible for Immigration Fast Track service.

I had to submit a copy of passport, latest arrival stamp, IM6 and details of next trip through work to the BOI and I was given a letter to print out.

I've used this every time both leaving and coming in at Priority Immigration and it works a treat, never been refused.

Other benefit is that I keep all the Fast Track passes I get from the airlines to donate to family and friends

Our company is BOI registered, fast track in and out for us with the letter. Initially you had to have a letter every time but now the letter expires when your visa does, in our case visas and work permit are valid for two years under the BOI. 

On 3/14/2017 at 9:21 AM, theoldgit said:

Seems that some pensioners can, providing they're over 70.

Fast Track BKK.jpg

Or if they have some disability like I do. When I last flew out of BKK last year my limping gait was spotted by one of the guides who informed me that I could use this lane instead of the normal one.