Bicycle Rack

tigerbeer

Hi everyone i live in Chiang Mai. I currently use a Saris 3 Bicycle rack for my old benz w124 car but its really difficult to get the bike on that rack. My car is getting scratched all over. Planning to get a new paint job for the car but wondering if there are any alternative bike racks to Saris 3 that is easier to use? Its quite a messy design. bicycle cables getting stuck everywhere when i get the bike on and off the car. any suggestions? Eventually i'd like to have 3 bikes on so that my kids can join me on my cycling adventures. 

Have a look at D2Autorack http://www.d2autorack.com

They are the Thule importer and every kind of rack imaginable, at every price point.

Another rack to look at is the SeaSucker Mini Bomber, I don't know around Chiangmai, but it's available from Play bike in Bangkok. Can only carry 2 bikes though. There is a 3 rack Bomber version, but haven't seen it advertised over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, moonoi said:

Have a look at D2Autorack http://www.d2autorack.com

They are the Thule importer and every kind of rack imaginable, at every price point.

Another rack to look at is the SeaSucker Mini Bomber, I don't know around Chiangmai, but it's available from Play bike in Bangkok. Can only carry 2 bikes though. There is a 3 rack Bomber version, but haven't seen it advertised over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you. 

Another option may be to fit a tow hitch with a 2in receiver - Probably a bit of an ask to find for your older E, but I'm sure a local shop could knock one up for you. A bit of messing around and perhaps not that pretty, but it'll save your 'new' paint job. Plenty of racks to suit, and probably the most stable imo. 

Nice car btw, post a photo with bikes!

21 hours ago, bobfish said:

Another option may be to fit a tow hitch with a 2in receiver - Probably a bit of an ask to find for your older E, but I'm sure a local shop could knock one up for you. A bit of messing around and perhaps not that pretty, but it'll save your 'new' paint job. Plenty of racks to suit, and probably the most stable imo. 

Nice car btw, post a photo with bikes!

any particular rack you can recommend? will take pic and put one up soon :) 

as mentioned, get a tow hitch fitted and a Thule rack for it. There are ball hitch versions for 2, 3 and 4 bikes.

Easy on/off rack and bikes - and easy access to your boot even when the bikes are mounted.

Edited by coops