Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lucky11 said:

"Im not saying the Judge made the wrong decision by going on the evidence"

Well that's reassuring. Lol!!

As you seem to have difficulty understanding things .

I will explain a bit more .

The guilty decision was already made , before the trail began .

All the "evidence" was falsified to try to make it fit in with the final guilty decisions .

It wasnt a trail to establish guilt or innocence , it was a showcase to get two murderers off the hook 

7 minutes ago, DiscoDan said:

Comment based on assumption not facts.

I've read every post so far & the only effort by you and your ilk to 'prove' your case is that 'the judge said so, so it must be true'. This is an opinion, unfortunately legally binding so far, but nothing like fact.

This appeal procedure is nothing but a sham - no new evidence, same judge who lacks knowledge of DNA procedure, blindly supports the police version (nearly said lies) and this is supposed to be a fair trial for two people with their lives at stake.

Two things stand out to me: the shifting of the initial investigator on highly suspicioua grounds & the PM's comment that no Thai would have done this. Can't remember if the shifting was done before or after the PM's comment.

2 minutes ago, khunken said:

I've read every post so far & the only effort by you and your ilk to 'prove' your case is that 'the judge said so, so it must be true'. This is an opinion, unfortunately legally binding so far, but nothing like fact.

This appeal procedure is nothing but a sham - no new evidence, same judge who lacks knowledge of DNA procedure, blindly supports the police version (nearly said lies) and this is supposed to be a fair trial for two people with their lives at stake.

Two things stand out to me: the shifting of the initial investigator on highly suspicioua grounds & the PM's comment that no Thai would have done this. Can't remember if the shifting was done before or after the PM's comment.

Agree with you, Khunken.

By the way, it was the top policeman who said that 'no Thai would do such a thing'. Thailand's chief autocrat did, however, come down to the island and congratulate the police on their excellent work and promised to reward them.

If I said what I really think (and know) about this case, I would be permanently banned from Thaivisa!

6 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Agree with you, Khunken.

By the way, it was the top policeman who said that 'no Thai would do such a thing'. Thailand's chief autocrat did, however, come down to the island and congratulate the police on their excellent work and promised to reward them.

If I said what I really think (and know) about this case, I would be permanently banned from Thaivisa!

I stand corrected - thanks Eligius.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

There was no DNA match .

You keep making the same points, people point out that you are wrong . You then go ahead and make the same point again .

it's the little voices causing the problem.

Cant help thinking UK and deceased's relatives would be kicking up more of a fuss if there was such a miscarriage of justice.  Like all of you I am simply not party to the facts, so can't draw any conclusions.

One thing, I'm sure I read that one of the prisoner's DNA was found inside a victim's body.  If true, that suggests they were part of something rather disturbing, so am not inclined to champion their cause.  Is this right?

3 hours ago, sanemax said:
September 23, 2014
The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

He said the southern police were coordinating with the metropolitan police to hunt him down, and expected to apprehend him today.

The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world.

He also dismissed any suggestion of local mafias or influential people that could twist the investigation with promise that local influence would pose no obstacle to the police investigation.

Instead the police will eliminate all these mafias, he said.

Meanwhile a police source said  the police are also looking into the cooperation of those who helped to arrange the suspect to escape. They also will be arrested.

What ever happened to the second original suspect who fled to Bangkok ?

Was it ever established whether he was in BKK or KT on the night of the murder?

He had some CCTV evidence of him being in BKK at the time of the murders .

Although that CCTV evidence was said to have been altered .

The KT Police said that they had video evidence of him being on KT at the time , he surfaced a few days later in BKK , claiming that he had been there all along .

It would be quite suspicious behavior, if he had fled KT a few hours after a murder and then falsified documents to make it appear that he was never there in the first place .

What was the outcome of that line of investigation ?

5 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

One thing, I'm sure I read that one of the prisoner's DNA was found inside a victim's body.  If true, that suggests they were part of something rather disturbing, so am not inclined to champion their cause.  Is this right?

No, I dont think that that was right .

Neither of the B2 s DNA was found inside either of the victims

25 minutes ago, khunken said:

I don't think the PM ever said that. It was a policeman .

I remember many of  those who were convinced the headman's relatives were involved boldly stating the raping and killings of tourists would continue on the island as the mafia there thought they were untouchable. Seems they were wrong on that account.

What ever happened to the second original suspect who fled to Bangkok ?
Was it ever established whether he was in BKK or KT on the night of the murder?
He had some CCTV evidence of him being in BKK at the time of the murders .
Although that CCTV evidence was said to have been altered .
The KT Police said that they had video evidence of him being on KT at the time , he surfaced a few days later in BKK , claiming that he had been there all along .
    It would be quite suspicious behavior, if he had fled KT a few hours after a murder and then falsified documents to make it appear that he was never there in the first place .
  What was the outcome of that line of investigation ?

No need to investigate further? After they had arrested the two Burmese lads...

5 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

Just an inconvenient fact!! just brush over this point and pretend it didn't happen as it kinda ruins the story somewhat.

A "fact", based on hearsay by the RTP!

There is no log, no re-testable DNA, the chain of custody was broken...in other words: the so-called "DNA- evidence" is worthless!

Can you understand that?

Or do you just refuse to do it, because YOUR story would get ruined by that?

8 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

Just an inconvenient fact!! just brush over this point and pretend it didn't happen as it kinda ruins the story somewhat.

So, you mean anybody that has an open mind either way is callous, or in denial, or prejudiced?

2 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

Not sure the judge would agree with this as he KNOWS the details not you!!

Are you saying that the two Burmese boys DNA was found inside either of the victims ?

Or did you just read that  here on TV that someone posted they think they remember reading it  and decided that it must be true?

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I read reports and things .

If I am mistaken, please provide a report for me to read

It was stated that the DNA found on an LM cigarette butt that the Burmese had smoked 30 - 50 metres away matched the semen inside Hannah

21 hours ago, Hutch68 said:

It was the way it was always going to be, they were there, they know who did it. The death penalty is the only way to silence them forever and then the problem is gone for good. I feel sorry for them but I'm dammed sure they were involved but not the killers.

This is the problem, we simply don`t know. Are they scapegoats? Were they the sole murderers? Or were they a part of a murdering group?  So if they are not released and whatever penalty they receive we will never know if that is justice being served or not and this is because the case presented by the Thai police have not convinced the world beyond a reasonable doubt that the B2 played a major part in the horrific murders of a couple of tourists.

This is going to be based on hope, that if sentenced the B2 really will be receiving their just desserts but I fear there are always going to be doubts and maybe true justice will never be served.

3 hours ago, DiscoDan said:

The Defence never challenged the match they never requested a court order for the dna documents either.

"The prosecution has argued that DNA evidence is central to its case, but the Thai court turned down requests from defence lawyers for the evidence to be independently tested "

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thai-beach-killings-forensic-expert-claims-dna-found-on-alleged-murder-weapon-of-two-britons-in-koh-10496068.html

15 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Cant help thinking UK and deceased's relatives would be kicking up more of a fuss if there was such a miscarriage of justice.  Like all of you I am simply not party to the facts, so can't draw any conclusions.

From memory, I don't think it's right although there are a number of people who enjoy posting false and misleading information and then pass this off as fact as a means to strengthen their false arguments.

Now why do you think they would do this - makes you wonder doesn't it? 

On the BBC news yesterday there was a one line mention that the verdict had been up held.  Given the delicate manner of their correspondent in Thailand it is not surprising that they are treading carefully.  Haven't got the newspapers yet so don't know if they are covering the verdict acceptance.

Shame on you Thailand, once again disgusting behaviour but sadly only to be expected.

Edited by dunroaming

16 minutes ago, bannork said:

I remember many of  those who were convinced the headman's relatives were involved boldly stating the raping and killings of tourists would continue on the island as the mafia there thought they were untouchable. Seems they were wrong on that account.

From memory it was the guy who is now PM, however, I may be wrong in saying it was before he elected himself. 

21 minutes ago, bannork said:

strange deaths, theft, muggings, assaults, drunken fights and even an assignation are all happening, some on a daily basis....oh no...wait a minute...thats pattaya!......

seems nothing is happening on Koh Tao other than heaps of tourists coming and enjoying their stay....no motorcycle gangs waiting in the alley ways,  no mafia roaming wild and untouchable raping and killing with impunity..

Edited by frank83628

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

From memory, I don't think it's right although there are a number of people who enjoy posting false and misleading information and then pass this off as fact as a means to strengthen their false arguments.

Now why do you think they would do this - makes you wonder doesn't it? 

The thing is there have been so many misleading 'facts' on both sides that it is difficult to really weigh anything up for and against. I just don't know.  As others have said, the decision was made solely on the DNA evidence: either it was or wasn't sound.  From what I can gather in the media, it was sound, and that is why they were convicted.

4 minutes ago, Artisi said:

From memory it was the guy who is now PM, however, I may be wrong in saying it was before he elected himself. 

Prayud took power in May 2014. He was already the Prime Minister when the murders happened in September 2014. What he did say however was attractive girls should not wear bikinis in Thailand.

7 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

strange deaths, theft, muggings, assaults, drunken fights and even an assignation are all happening, some on a daily basis....oh no...wait a minute...thats pattaya!......

seems nothing is happening on Koh Tao other than heaps of tourists coming and enjoying their stay....no motorcycle gangs waiting in the alley ways,  no mafia roaming wild and untouchable raping and killing with impunity..

It's called..."Laying Low".........:smile:

10 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

That is what I thought.  And that is why I am not protesting their innocence.  And that is why I wanted to establish whether these reports had any credence, because I and many others have assumed it to be somewhat damning proof that they were involved in something at least.

This is surely the central issue. 

9 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

And you believe every word coming from a  "police source". So if you do, what is wrong with the statements coming from the initial police investigate who was conveniently replaced when he kicked off the investigation - or doesn't that suit you as being worthwhile as it was probably true.