TM30 Requirements

Hi,

I am finding the whole TM30 issue totally confusing, there are many conflicting posts about this subject being published on TV.

My issue is as follows,

I arrive from overseas at Swampy on a Friday morning , then catch a flight to Udon Thani on the same day, arriving about lunchtime.

We will be staying in a hotel for 4 days in Udon, then driving back to Pattaya as my wife will have already driven our car up there for Songkran.

Do I need to register with Immigration in Udon on the Monday (weekends are allowed as a non reporting time) or is the assumed hotel registration sufficient for my TM30?

If I do need to register with Udon Immigration, do I need to register again when we return home in Pattaya, I am assuming yes....

If I need to register at Udon, do I then need to take proof of my residence with me, say a Chanote or a yellow house book

I have lived in the same address for 10 years, why do we need to continually prove our living arrangements?

In the past 3 months I have renewed my retirement visa extension & completed another 90 day report, surely that is proof enough for Immigration of my residency.

Another possible issue, if you go to say Koh Chang for 4 days, do you need to reregister again on arrival back at your listed residential address?

Thanks in anticipation of helpful comments.

The hotel in Udon is supposed to submit your details to Immigration; there's no need for you to do it. If the hotel doesn't file it, it is the hotel's problem, not yours. However, it is unlikely that there will be any problem of any sort for anyone.

When you get back home and assuming your Thai domicile falls under Jomtien Immigration, if they haven't asked you or whoever is household 'possessor' to submit a TM30 when filing extensions or initiating 90-day reporting, then you don't have to worry about it.

Technically, the landlord, home owner or 'possessor' of the residence is required by law to report the presence of a foreigner residing at that address to Immigration within 24-hours. Some jurisdictions allow landlords, home owners and 'possessors' to pre-register so that this filing can be done online. It is unclear if Jomtien supports this online system but based on a recent thread that suggested that certain people* filing extensions and/or 90-day reports were being given extra scrutiny and being fined regarding lack of TM30 filing at Jomtien Immigration, it would appear they do not.

In my case, after hearing that Udon Immigration (where I sued to live) were asking extension applicants and 90-day reporters to get their landlords, owners or 'possessors' to complete TM30's as part of their application processing, I took a completed TM30 to Jomtien Immigration as part of my paperwork for my annual retirement extension. They handed the form back to me as it was not required.

* Comment on the people being hassled at Jomtien. It may be in relation to running unregistered guest houses or hotels or possibly staying in unregistered guesthouses or hotels. Apparently there's a whole lot of places in the hospitality business in Pattaya that aren't registered as such.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The hotel in Udon is supposed to submit your details to Immigration; there's no need for you to do it. If the hotel doesn't file it, it is the hotel's problem, not yours. However, it is unlikely that there will be any problem of any sort for anyone.

When you get back home and assuming your Thai domicile falls under Jomtien Immigration, if they haven't asked you or whoever is household 'possessor' to submit a TM30 when filing extensions or initiating 90-day reporting, then you don't have to worry about it.

Technically, the landlord, home owner or 'possessor' of the residence is required by law to report the presence of a foreigner residing at that address to Immigration within 24-hours. Some jurisdictions allow landlords, home owners and 'possessors' to pre-register so that this filing can be done online. It is unclear if Jomtien supports this online system but based on a recent thread that suggested that certain people* filing extensions and/or 90-day reports were being given extra scrutiny and being fined regarding lack of TM30 filing at Jomtien Immigration, it would appear they do not.

In my case, after hearing that Udon Immigration (where I sued to live) were asking extension applicants and 90-day reporters to get their landlords, owners or 'possessors' to complete TM30's as part of their application processing, I took a completed TM30 to Jomtien Immigration as part of my paperwork for my annual retirement extension. They handed the form back to me as it was not required.

* Comment on the people being hassled at Jomtien. It may be in relation to running unregistered guest houses or hotels or possibly staying in unregistered guesthouses or hotels. Apparently there's a whole lot of places in the hospitality business in Pattaya that aren't registered as such.

Thanks very much for that concise information.

It is so confusing with little or no information being supplied by Immigration in a uniform or structured way.

Cheers

• 1 year later...