credit card form Thai Airways

Bought a ticket for the missus and I will not be with her, I'm going earlier. As I used a credit card I have to get a form signed off by Thai Airways as obviously she won't be able to present the card at check-in. Anyway I was assuming that I would be be able to get the form signed off when I travel ie at the airport and just hand it to the missus and tell her to bring it with her. Looking through the site this morning it is saying you can do it at "city ticket offices only". For most of you that's probably not a problem, for me its a full day.

Before I ring them I wanted to check here to see if anybody has actually done it at the Airport, any takers?

56 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

Looking through the site this morning it is saying you can do it at "city ticket offices only".

I have been in a similar position in the past.

Going in person to a Thai ticket office was the only option available.

They will use your signed form and original credit card to reprint her ticket so it does not require to show a credit card at check-in.

Removed post discussing moderation.

Use report function or PM to me(!) to complain.

Moved back to Suvarnabhumi forum.

FYI:

The "Thailand travel" forum is for ALL travel to/from/within Thailand, domestic or international.

9 hours ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

Thai Airways have "ticket offices" at BKK , CNX, HKT airports etc. At the airports the call them "ticket counters". You can sort this out at the airport. No need to visit them in a downtown location. 

OK I would be of the same opinion myself. But as you know this is Thailand. Anybody that's actually done it feel free to comment. As it happens she is applying for an Australian Tax File Number as well as opening  a bank account (a secondary purpose to the visit which I have previously discussed here). So if I pay the Embassy's ludicrous fee of $70 to certify each document I could lodge the application on her behalf when I get there get the TFN quickly and perhaps avoid some hassle from the bank later. As I park at the Airport anytime I go to Bangkok I will try and sort out the credit card thing before catching the train to the Embassy and if necessary the Thai ticket office in town. I will report further.

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Removed post discussing moderation.

Use report function or PM to me(!) to complain.

Moved back to Suvarnabhumi forum.

FYI:

The "Thailand travel" forum is for ALL travel to/from/within Thailand, domestic or international.

Thanks, no insult intended, but this was purely about the Airport imho

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2017 at 9:38 PM, Bluetongue said:

OK I would be of the same opinion myself. But as you know this is Thailand. Anybody that's actually done it feel free to comment. As it happens she is applying for an Australian Tax File Number as well as opening  a bank account (a secondary purpose to the visit which I have previously discussed here). So if I pay the Embassy's ludicrous fee of $70 to certify each document I could lodge the application on her behalf when I get there get the TFN quickly and perhaps avoid some hassle from the bank later. As I park at the Airport anytime I go to Bangkok I will try and sort out the credit card thing before catching the train to the Embassy and if necessary the Thai ticket office in town. I will report further.

I have done it at the airport ticket office (BKK), not a problem.

• 1 month later...