France's Le Pen loses ground in poll after state employee comments

rooster59

France's Le Pen loses ground in poll after state employee comments

640x640 (16).jpg

Marine Le Pen, French National Front (FN) political party leader and candidate for French 2017 presidential election delivers a speech in Paris, France, March 2, 2017. REUTERS/Charles Platiau

PARIS (Reuters) - An apparent threat by far-right leader Marine le Pen to punish state employees who "persecute" political opponents may have eroded her support, according to a poll which found her first-round lead in France's presidential election slipping.

The poll of voting intentions by research firm BVA found Le Pen garnering 26 percent of the votes in April's first round, down 1.5 percent from the last BVA poll on Feb. 23.

It found independent centrist Emmanuel Macron gaining momentum, rising three points to 24 percent.

Conservative rival Francois Fillon remained at 19 percent and would therefore be eliminated from a second-round runoff to be held in May, in which Macron was seen defeating Le Pen by 62 percent to her 38.

Another poll, by Odoxa, on Friday showed Macron finishing ahead of Le Pen in the opening round.

BVA said Le Pen had likely lost support because of comments at a rally in Nantes last week in which she appeared to threaten to punish government employees who would "persecute" political opponents.

"I want to tell public sector workers who are asked by a desperate political staff to use the powers of the state to keep tabs on opponents, to organise persecution, low blows and state cabals against them, to keep out of participating in such excesses," she said.

"In a few weeks, this government will have been swept away by the election. But these civil servants will have to take responsibility for these illegal methods, because they are illegal and are putting their own responsibility at stake," she added.

Le Pen refused to attend a summons for questioning by police last month over allegations that she made illegal EU payments to her staff and her lawyer said on Friday she had also refused to attend a summons by judges over the allegations. Some of her aides have been put under formal investigation over the affair.

The BVA poll was carried out between Feb. 28 and March 2, only partly after Fillon's announcement that he could be placed under formal investigation over allegations he paid his wife hundreds of thousands of euros of public money to do very little work.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-03-04

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I hope to God she does not get in

The destabilisation that would cause is unthinkable 

Some fools want her to win. Astonishing!

Fillon should have stepped aside long ago.

The only fools on here are the left wingers who want a European republic. Good luck Marine!

30 minutes ago, jesimps said:

The only fools on here are the left wingers who want a European republic. Good luck Marine!

France is a republic

The French do not deserve a fascist like Le Pen

You think otherwise? Read some history...

http://www.salon.com/2015/12/08/is_france_going_fascist_extreme_right_national_front_is_now_the_most_popular_party/

Edited by Grouse

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

France is a republic

The French do not deserve a facist like Le Pen

You think otherwise? Read some history...

And history repeats itself, always.  Unfortunately it usually takes something radical and abhorrent to set the clock straight again for a few decades more.  The clock needs resetting in Europe urgently.

7 minutes ago, esprit said:

And history repeats itself, always.  Unfortunately it usually takes something radical and abhorrent to set the clock straight again for a few decades more.  The clock needs resetting in Europe urgently.

So you would like a war?

41 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Are you one of these stupid and naive French people ( 30 % ) who will vote for her ? Cry in advance, she will lose : I"ll vote for Macron

It's a shame to see France and all his great History gone. I hope Marine wins and give nationality back to the French People.The Elite is push with all there Medias, and lies to create 1 Europe and to destroy all Nations ( look Sweden) almost done --no more Money and implant Chip--
Hello Glas-Human and Sklaves. Good luck--I will be death.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

It is not left or right that wants 'europe', this divides the traditional left and right.

sent using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hulu said:

It's a shame to see France and all his great History gone. I hope Marine wins and give nationality back to the French People.The Elite is push with all there Medias, and lies to create 1 Europe and to destroy all Nations ( look Sweden) almost done --no more Money and implant Chip--
Hello Glas-Human and Sklaves. Good luck--I will be death.

I can do without money and I can accept a chip implant. But please God, no Glas-Humans or Sklaves!

I can do without money and I can accept a chip implant. But please God, no Glas-Humans or Sklaves!

When you have the chip you will be a Glas Human because everything is on chip --your bank-account, your health data, your car register e.t.c.--the government has the code for your chip
and there can log him--no no money no food no payment at all--you a modern Sklave now --you can live with this?
Good luck

Not that I would ever reply to a French election post, it is interesting to note the for and against posters. It lets me know in advance now who is extreme right wing and left wing. Have not noted any extreme left wing posts so far. But still waiting, waiting for a few more laughs.

9 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I think people have woken up what polls say and take them for one they often are. Wrong.

Polls are actually usually right, it's journalists who don't know how to read them. I'm not sure about Brexit but for France in the past 15 years polls have been very right, and all election results, even those who stunned the medias were appearing in polls results. But journalists say afterward polls were wrong because they don't understand the concept of sampling, bias, adjustments, trends,  error margin, etc, and just look at the figures as crystal-ball predictions without reading pollsters comment.

22 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

The situation is worse than you think. I've been told that in the schools the children are being taught to use Arabic numerals.

Is this a new development? What are Arabic numerals? I have not seen them previously. I know of Roman numerals like XXX   :shock1:

I use  numerals like 1,2,3,4,5 etc. and these originated in India. They are Indian numerals. Arab  merchants who visited India brought the  format back to the arab world. (There were also Israeli merchants who came, called Cochin jews. they apparently arrived during the era of King Solomon which was long before Mohammed came up with his religion.)

France will sort itself out. Many of the "muslim" foreigners in France are loyal to France and want nothing to do with Islamic madness. They serve in the French military and police and are loyal to France.  Have a look at the French North Africans who party in Thailand. They want to party and while some  may be as crass and vulgar   as the English lager louts and the Australian yobs and the  obnoxious drunken Swedes they are not jihadists. France  cured them of that. Good food, good wine and les belles dames fixed that.

France does not need anther General Petain era. When  needed France will give us people of great valor and courage like Jean Moulin  or Jean de Lattre de Tassigny.   

On 05/03/2017 at 11:45 AM, ilostmypassword said:

The situation is worse than you think. I've been told that in the schools the children are being taught to use Arabic numerals.

Surely ilostmypassport, you are jesting. Numerals as used today was invented in India. It quickly spread to neighbouring  countries such as all the Islamic countries. They spread it to the rest of the world. The Indian numbering system was unique in that it introduced the number of zero. One giant step for algebra. If this system is being taught in French schools, you have finally entered 7th century mathmatics. But I suspect this is a jest. All modern mathmatics is based on Hindu invention and spread by Islam 

Surely ilostmypassport, you are jesting. Numerals as used today was invented in India. It quickly spread to neighbouring  countries such as all the Islamic countries. They spread it to the rest of the world. The Indian numbering system was unique in that it introduced the number of zero. One giant step for algebra. If this system is being taught in French schools, you have finally entered 7th century mathmatics. But I suspect this is a jest. All modern mathmatics is based on Hindu invention and spread by Islam 

And is called Arabic numerals.

sent using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

I do believe  ilostmypassword  was using irony

anyone who believes that France is a democracy is fool, the first party of France (FN) backed by more then 30% of the electorates has collected less then 500 mayors' signatures while other marginalized candidates like Nicolas Dupont-Aignan and Nathalie Arthaud (less then 1%) collected above 500 signatures ? why the elites don't respect 30% of the electorates ? The establishment and deep state are very powerful in France, only a real popular revolt will put things in order, I smell civil war coming in the horizon.

Edited by heroKK

anyone who believes that France is a democracy is fool, the first party of France (FN) backed by more then 30% of the electorates has collected less then 500 mayors' signatures while other marginalized candidates like Nicolas Dupont-Aignan and Nathalie Arthaud (less then 1%) collected above 500 signatures ? why the elites don't respect 30% of the electorates ? The establishment and deep state are very powerful in France, only a real popular revolt will put things in order, I smell civil war coming in the horizon.

Maybe you can explain how this election is executed in France?

sent using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

Maybe you can explain how this election is executed in France ?

sent using Tapatalk

The elites are pushing Macron at all costs, he 's too young, totally inexperienced, Macron’s economic credentials are laughable. He worked for Hollande's leftist government, but tells us he’s a centrist now. he has the full support of the tribal minority elites that govern France since de Gaulle's days.

He's supported by a guy named Jacques Attali, who is some sort of counselor of every French president since 30 years. See how and why France is f*$#$p up now ? he's supported by almost all MSM.

"I have never seen a candidate come out of nowhere with so many means and supports" - Henri Guaino, French Politician.

Edited by heroKK

4 minutes ago, heroKK said:

The elites are pushing Macron at all costs, he 's too young, totally inexperienced, Macron’s economic credentials are laughable. He worked for Hollande's leftist government, but tells us he’s a centrist now. he has the full support of the tribal minority elites that govern France since de Gaulle's days.

He's supported by a guy named Jacques Attali, who is some sort of counselor of every French president since 30 years. See how and why France is f*$#$p up now ? he's supported by almost all MSM.

"I have never seen a candidate come out of nowhere with so many means and supports" - Henri Guaino, French Politician.

Thanks, but that is really not an explanation.

9 minutes ago, heroKK said:

The globalist elites are trying to crush Le Pen at all costs, they'll either defeat her through the polls or the machination of the government and judiciary. The NWO globalist hates Le Pen, so she has been the target of media assassination tactics.

<snip>

Currently one can only assume you're yet another troll of this forum. 

Are you able to stop referencing far right conspiracy nonsense / ideology in your posts; instead actually answer the question/s posed to you.

Edited by simple1