Who was your role model?

Who was your role model back when you were a kid? I guess for me I had more than one. In the 70's I wanted to be a cowboy and in the 80's a stuntman to treasure hunter like Indiana Jones. I'd put on my leather brown jacket and even had a whip I'd bought from a car boot sale. Still had my cowboy gun too. '

"I'm Indiana Jones" and me and my friends would go out looking for treasure and ancient tombs. Course we didn't find squat. But when we got home that's not what we told our mom. She'd smile and listen to our adventures and give use lemonade and cookies.

c0536eaab7e86193bb21c2cf5313411e-1.jpg

Edited by tukkytuktuk

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, catman20 said:

I remember this guy he was a cowboy star when i was a kid.i forget the name of the series now :stoner:

His name is Clint Walker, became famous as Cheyenne Bodie in the TV series Cheyenne...Is still alive at 90 years of age..........

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Cheyenne. An Arnie lookalike who could actually act, amazing.

Clint actually towered above Arnie, and he was never into the Mr.Universe thingy, just worked on his frame to appeal, which worked out great in my opinion...

A young Elvis, I remember watching him in GI Blues where his leading lady was called Lily, there was a girl called Lily who lived up the street from me, and she was quite ugly, I asked her to go for a walk with me only because of her name, she told me to get lost, I was about 12 at the time.:sad:

When I was in High School I was a Juvenile Delinquent, hanging with a rough crowd and going nowhere.  Long story short; I fell in with a couple of older guys of Norwegian descent.  Their idea of fun was climbing mountains in the summer and skiing in the winter.  I dropped all my old 'friends' and took up my new friends' lifestyle.  Have been a lifelong outdoor sports guy ever since.  I am sure they saved my life.  Ron Berntsen and John Loney of Tacoma WA, USA.  Thanks fellas.

1 minute ago, williet98248 said:

When I was in High School I was a Juvenile Delinquent, hanging with a rough crowd and going nowhere.  Long story short; I fell in with a couple of older guys of Norwegian descent.  Their idea of fun was climbing mountains in the summer and skiing in the winter.  I dropped all my old 'friends' and took up my new friends' lifestyle.  Have been a lifelong outdoor sports guy ever since.  I am sure they saved my life.  Ron Berntsen and John Loney of Tacoma WA, USA.  Thanks fellas.

I tagged along with girls....Really enjoyed that stuff...I have been a long time girl guy ever since......:smile:

16 minutes ago, transam said:

Clint actually towered above Arnie, and he was never into the Mr.Universe thingy, just worked on his frame to appeal, which worked out great in my opinion...

Yes, and Arnie towered above that other so called actor Stallone. "he was never into the Mr.Universe thingy",  Yes he was, why did he regularly take off his shirt in the Cheyenne series? There is nothing more disgusting than the male body. :goof:.

21 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Cheyenne. An Arnie lookalike who could actually act, amazing.

Arnie look alike; hardly. Clint was born twenty years before Arnie, was much better looking and his build is natural not trained.

33 minutes ago, transam said:

His name is Clint Walker, became famous as Cheyenne Bodie in the TV series Cheyenne...Is still alive at 90 years of age..........

Especially since he survived a ski pole into his heart....

Good guy - strong guy....

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

Arnie look alike; hardly. Clint was born twenty years before Arnie, was much better looking and his build is natural not trained.

Yes, that's true, but even I'm better looking than Arnie :smile:.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, and Arnie towered above that other so called actor Stallone. "he was never into the Mr.Universe thingy",  Yes he was, why did he regularly take off his shirt in the Cheyenne series? There is nothing more disgusting than the male body. :goof:.

Arnie is only 5'11" add an inch for his heels....As governor his security always was tasked with keeping taller people away from him so he'd be the tallest in case photos were taken.....

He also used the raised step system so that anyone (athletes) they were his size or bigger were kept at a lower level for appearance sake....

Stallone is about 5'5", have friends that have met him....

Clint Walker was 6'6"-6'8" I believe....

1 minute ago, transam said:

I have watched all his stuff....:thumbsup:

As a Bolton born engineer who else could be my idol?

Yes, I did cry (ok a little bit) when he died at only 66.

The Big-C got him like so many others :(

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

As a Bolton born engineer who else could be my idol?

Yes, I did cry (ok a little bit) when he died at only 66.

The Big-C got him like so many others :(

I also read about Isambard Kingdom Brunel ....My mind boggles about his thoughts and getting a result....

55 minutes ago, transam said:

I guess time and age have proven that. Glad to hear he is still alive. I hope in good health. Bill Paxton one of my favorites was not so lucky.