Who was your role model?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Hutch68 said:
31 minutes ago, seancbk said:

My role model is Hamdi Ulukaya.

He built a yoghurt busines in the US from zero to US$ 1.7 billion in less than 5 years.

I am modeling my business in Thailand similar to how he built his. 

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/11/04/just-add-sugar

Good luck, sounds like your onto something.

Thanks!

I'd be happy making 100 million baht in 5 years :-)     With the right project, the right background, the right branding, the right distribution, hard work and a bit of luck.... anything is possible.

My product is an FMCG (fast moving consumer good), in other words a food item (although not all FMCGs are food).  

Target market is Thais who happily spend between 50 - 100 THB on a snack or a Starbucks etc.   That is basically the middle classes. 

I will also target tourists but they are not my main target.

I have a small factory in Bangkok which is close to being production ready, machinery testing will begin in 2 weeks and then I'll do a round of focus groups with Thais to make sure the flavours are right.   

Hope to then start selling in a limited capacity in April.   And expand from there.

Already have a well known multi millionaire who wants to take a franchise for Vietnam.

11 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Thanks!

I'd be happy making 100 million baht in 5 years :-)     With the right project, the right background, the right branding, the right distribution, hard work and a bit of luck.... anything is possible.

My product is an FMCG (fast moving consumer good), in other words a food item (although not all FMCGs are food).  

Target market is Thais who happily spend between 50 - 100 THB on a snack or a Starbucks etc.   That is basically the middle classes. 

I will also target tourists but they are not my main target.

I have a small factory in Bangkok which is close to being production ready, machinery testing will begin in 2 weeks and then I'll do a round of focus groups with Thais to make sure the flavours are right.   

Hope to then start selling in a limited capacity in April.   And expand from there.

Already have a well known multi millionaire who wants to take a franchise for Vietnam.

If you make it good on you but don't forget keep on shagging.

13 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Wonder why a well known multi millionaire want to take a franchise, as he surely will know that on food products no patents can be taken, so he could simply copy it with his multi millions.

Just now, Hutch68 said:

If you make it good on you but don't forget keep on shagging.

I haven't dated anyone for just over a year, since my last girlfriend left me for a Thai guy worth a few hundred Million baht.   

She was so hot, I've not seen anyone remotely close in looks (except for some Thai models I know, who I think are good looking but don't have feelings for).

2 minutes ago, Allstars said:
17 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Wonder why a well known multi millionaire want to take a franchise, as he surely will know that on food products no patents can be taken, so he could simply copy it with his multi millions.

Several reasons.  One he's a friend of mine, two he likes my business plan and likes to invest in small cottage businesses and he is Vietnamese (but grew up in the UK) and is now looking to invest in Vietnam.

5 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I haven't dated anyone for just over a year, since my last girlfriend left me for a Thai guy worth a few hundred Million baht.   

She was so hot, I've not seen anyone remotely close in looks (except for some Thai models I know, who I think are good looking but don't have feelings for).

You'll get over it and when you start earning your 100 million baht you will have pussy all over your face.

5 minutes ago, Hutch68 said:

You'll get over it and when you start earning your 100 million baht you will have pussy all over your face.

I'm over it, she lives in Chiang Rai now in a very large house he gave her.   We are still friends but she's far enough away that she's out of sight out of mind.

As you say, my plan now is to get my business up and running, then once my brand is known then I'll start looking for the right girl.  

9 hours ago, Crossy said:

Easily done.

Just be more careful when texting wife and girlfriend :)

Do you own ducks?

Wife and girlfriend??? Only 1 here! LOL No problem with her, she know I can be trusted.
Acually I believe I am one of the luncky ones, that no have any trust issues that I have to think about.

By the way: I tried to sign that I always wanted to be "Bamse", which is a cute little bear the eats honey to help others in need.
The honey made him super strong, but all that I can see left of that game is a big belly.

Not a duck around! Cheers!

Edited by Get Real

9 hours ago, seancbk said:

you will get over her and then ull say to yourself well she wasn't that great anyway (what was all that about ) the millionaire Thai man will get sick of her and dump her, only a matter of time. then its all back on your terms. you never lose your girlfriend here you only lose your turn.:smile:

9 minutes ago, catman20 said:

you will get over her and then ull say to yourself well she wasn't that great anyway (what was all that about ) the millionaire Thai man will get sick of her and dump her, only a matter of time. then its all back on your terms. you never lose your girlfriend here you only lose your turn.:smile:

Thanks Catman,

You are right of course.  I've been through many breakups in the past.  She left me over a year ago, so I'm over her. 

Going to be a real challenge to find someone that even matches her, but I'm sure there is someone out there.

15 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, and Arnie towered above that other so called actor Stallone. "he was never into the Mr.Universe thingy",  Yes he was, why did he regularly take off his shirt in the Cheyenne series? There is nothing more disgusting than the male body. :goof:.

Arnie never towered over anybody.  When I met him in Sun Valley, USA where he and his former wife had a house as big as a hotel, I was surprised to see he is about 5' 8".  At 5' 10" I am two inches taller than him.  In a lot of his movies he is filmed with the camera at an up angle to make him look taller and in some cases he is standing on a box next to other taller actors.  Being in to "the Mr Universe thing" represents years of hard work and competition and resulted in his being a very rich man today.  Arnie is an immigrant from Austria who came to America and realized the quintessential American dream.  Go to America and get rich through hard work and pluck.  I admire him for that if not for his acting abilities.

3 minutes ago, williet98248 said:

Arnie never towered over anybody.  When I met him in Sun Valley, USA where he and his former wife had a house as big as a hotel, I was surprised to see he is about 5' 8".  At 5' 10" I am two inches taller than him.  In a lot of his movies he is filmed with the camera at an up angle to make him look taller and in some cases he is standing on a box next to other taller actors.  Being in to "the Mr Universe thing" represents years of hard work and competition and resulted in his being a very rich man today.  Arnie is an immigrant from Austria who came to America and realized the quintessential American dream.  Go to America and get rich through hard work and pluck.  I admire him for that if not for his acting abilities.

Arnie ain't 5'8".............

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Arnie ain't 5'8".............

I just did a Google search and his "official" height ranges from 5' 8" to 6' 2".  Apparently no one can agree.  All I can say is that he looked shorter than me at 5' 10 1/2".  When standing next to him I could se the top of his head.

2 minutes ago, williet98248 said:

I just did a Google search and his "official" height ranges from 5' 8" to 6' 2".  Apparently no one can agree.  All I can say is that he looked shorter than me at 5' 10 1/2".  When standing next to him I could se the top of his head.

I reckon he is 5'11'...Here is a bare foot photo of him with Lou Ferino who we know is 6'5"..

arnie.jpg

42 minutes ago, williet98248 said:

Excellent post Willie, as I have already said, you would be surprised at how small some actors are, but that is not to say they don't play good parts, and have excellent acting ability, a perfect example of that was Alan Ladd,  at 5ft 5ins he had to stand on a box to kiss his female stars, he was a great actor and made many great movies.

The most miscast actor ever IMO was Tom Cruise at 5ft 5ins playing Jack Reacher who in the Lee Child books is 6ft 5ins. What a joke that is, I could not even enjoy the movie because of that.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Excellent post Willie, as I have already said, you would be surprised at how small some actors are, but that is not to say they don't play good parts, and have excellent acting ability, a perfect example of that was Alan Ladd,  at 5ft 5ins he had to stand on a box to kiss his female stars, he was a great actor and made many great movies.

The most miscast actor ever IMO was Tom Cruise at 5ft 5ins playing Jack Reacher who in the Lee Child books is 6ft 5ins. What a joke that is, I could not even enjoy the movie because of that.

It was a crap film too.......:saai:

I remember years ago in Macau, a group of us were at the GP there. Someone noticed this fella standing near us, he said I'm sure that's Gene Hackman, he had a bit of an enterage with him, everyone said no chance he's too tall, I walked over to him and asked if he Gene Hackman, yes, he replied. He was sponsoring one of the race teams. Anyway had pics taken with him, was really nice. On the screen you don't realise how tall or small people are.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

13 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Great actor but he truely cannot carry that role....Even looks funny trying to do the big man swagger walk + getting tossed around easily by the baddies....Jack Reacher would never stand for that....

Being a fan of the books, the last Jack Reacher movie was the last one for me....

54 minutes ago, transam said:

I reckon he is 5'11'...Here is a bare foot photo of him with Lou Ferino who we know is 6'5"..

arnie.jpg

What a freak show, but I suppose if the fat, ugly, tattooed, facial haired Farang can get these beautiful Thai girls, so could they if they wanted to.

The thickness of the wallet.