Pattaya raids continue - now district chief targets E-cigarettes

webfact

Just now, Sapporillo said:

Does anybody know if it is also illegal to import / bring your own vaping device and a small bottle (30ml) of vaping fluid into the country? For those who don't know, it's a refillable, rechargeable device that doesn't look like a cigarette at all, so it's easily recognisable on the luggage scan (at the very least as a "suspect" electronic device), meaning I won't take the risk if it's illegal even for personal use.

if it is an E-Cig or device used for vaping, yes it is illegal.

20 minutes ago, champers said:

Be assured that governments around the world are racking their brains for a way to tax E cigs. The revenues lost from reduced tobacco sales have to be made up somehow.

The revenue even in a high tax country like the UK doesn't even cover the costs incurred by the smoker when you factor for health and days off sick.

Just now, Shawn0000 said:

The revenue even in a high tax country like the UK doesn't even cover the costs incurred by the smoker when you factor for health and days off sick.

Not true . There is a Dutch TV show which counted it out a few years back  . If they put all the money from the tax revenues aside they got plenty of money left after everything finished . You also have to think about the years the gov. not need to pay pensions ( smokers die younger and i think the average is 7 years ) .I can look up the program if you want to .

I am enjoying my e cig now , and havent smoked any cig in 3 months thanks to it . I am allready thinking about lowering my nicotine , since i feel the crave go away also . I go this week to Thailand so i absolutely fear of switching again ( which will certainly happen since i cannot vape like i smoke because of BiB) .  Keep up the good work Thailand .... :post-4641-1156693976:.

9 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

Maybe, but that wasn't the point I was making. The UK Government is one of those looking at taxing E cigs. Why would that be?

4 minutes ago, sezze said:

Not true . There is a Dutch TV show which counted it out a few years back  . If they put all the money from the tax revenues aside they got plenty of money left after everything finished . You also have to think about the years the gov. not need to pay pensions ( smokers die younger and i think the average is 7 years ) .I can look up the program if you want to .

I am enjoying my e cig now , and havent smoked any cig in 3 months thanks to it . I am allready thinking about lowering my nicotine , since i feel the crave go away also . I go this week to Thailand so i absolutely fear of switching again ( which will certainly happen since i cannot vape like i smoke because of BiB) .  Keep up the good work Thailand .... :post-4641-1156693976:.

There was a similar claim made by a British journalist a few yeas back, quickly followed by a debunking as they failed to take into account so many costs such as litter and fires.  ASH Scotland did a report and found that smoking costs them 1.1 billion and generates 940 million.

I have stopped through vaping, I found the craving was much reduced after vaping for a few weeks, I thought it might be the chemicals that are in cigarettes that could also be addictive, not sure but it was much easier to quit than any other time I had tried.  As for not being able to vape here, I would not worry about it too much, there are plenty of vapers in Thailand and loads of online suppliers, I seriously doubt you will not be able to find some juice but do bring some with you.

15 minutes ago, champers said:

Maybe, but that wasn't the point I was making. The UK Government is one of those looking at taxing E cigs. Why would that be?

I don't know, perhaps to make them less affordable to the young, I seriously hope they don't though, they are quite expensive as it is, I think it puts some people off using them, they should be given to smokers on the NHS.

9 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

They definitely have a problem with priorities going after the low hanging fruit every time. I am sure there greater villains than these wandering around Pattaya.

Yes. This is just a shotgun approach. Won't say any more.

I noticed a road side store selling E- Cigarettes and a double ended Dildo's

yesterday on Beach road,   all on the same table.

That's got to be 5 years  minimum,  for that.

Shameful,  disgraceful,   vendors of Pattaya.

what ever next !!!!!!!! :shock1:

I noticed a road side store selling E- Cigarettes and a double ended Dildo's
yesterday on Beach road,   all on the same table.
That's got to be 5 years  minimum,  for that.
Shameful,  disgraceful,   vendors of Pattaya.
what ever next !!!!!!!! :shock1:

Don't suck on the wrong one! Which ever that may be!!+

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Banglamung district chief Naris Niramaiwong

Why dont you make all of your bank accounts for the past ten yrs public and open for scrutiny . Clean up corruption first. Nothing to hide nothing to worry about. Clean up Pattaya ... start at the top.

10 hours ago, SidJames said:

It's to protect the families who grow & run the local tobacco industry.

The e-cigs are imported as is the vaping liquid.

Spot on. Vaping products are affecting the vast source of income going to those few influential, wealthy families tied in with the Thailand Tobacco Monopoly. It's not called that for no reason.....

6 hours ago, Sapporillo said:

Does anybody know if it is also illegal to import / bring your own vaping device and a small bottle (30ml) of vaping fluid into the country? For those who don't know, it's a refillable, rechargeable device that doesn't look like a cigarette at all, so it's easily recognisable on the luggage scan (at the very least as a "suspect" electronic device), meaning I won't take the risk if it's illegal even for personal use.

Its up to you if you take your own device but still plenty of places to buy from in Thailand especially Bangkok, Pattaya.

Last time I was in Pattaya end of 2016, out side Central there were lots of Thais, Chinese, Farangs etc puffing away on E- Cigs.

In Bangkok go look outside bars.BTS etc as well as smokers there will be people with E-Cigs.

7 hours ago, Sapporillo said:

You are allowed to bring your own device for personal use. You are not allowed to mass import or to see the devices and liquids in Thailand. I always take mine as when i have a drink or two i always get the craving for a cifarette even though i have not smoked for nearly 3 years now. 

20 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

They definitely have a problem with priorities going after the low hanging fruit every time. I am sure there greater villains than these wandering around Pattaya.

You no unnerstan. No ploblem going after low frit. Only ploblem go after big clime.