retirement visa renewal

You can renew up to 30 days early.  Some offices allow up to 45 days early.

None offer any time after the renewal date, unless the date falls on a weekend or holiday.  In that case you have until the first business day after the weekend or holiday.

At least 30 days.

Regardless of how early you apply, the new extension will start from the end of the current extension.

It's always a good idea to apply as early as possible in case there is a problem, or additional paperwork is requested.

My British passport will only be valid for 9 months when i go to change from OA visa got in London to retirement visa,I will be renewing in Jontiem will this be a problem I have a appointment to apply to get new passport at Trendy building Bangkok booked I will take a copy of the email.What documents are required e.g. bank book yellow house book.Thank you in advance for your help

3 minutes ago, Davejf2017 said:

My British passport will only be valid for 9 months when i go to change from OA visa got in London to retirement visa,I will be renewing in Jontiem will this be a problem I have a appointment to apply to get new passport at Trendy building Bangkok booked I will take a copy of the email.What documents are required e.g. bank book yellow house book.Thank you in advance for your help

You will only get an extension for the length of your passports validity (9 months in your case) it you apply for one prior to getting a new passport.

Is it your permit to stay from your OA visa that is expiring or the visa. You can use your visa for new one year entry up to the enter before date on it.

6 minutes ago, Davejf2017 said:

No, this should not be a problem. I did it myself last year in Udon Thani. However do bear in mind that your extension will not be for a full year. It will expire on the same day as your passport.

Once you receive your new passport, take it and the old one to immigration and they will transfer the extension. Udon Thani charge 500 THB for this service.

Good luck with your extension.

• 7 months later...

I have done it successfully. Make sure that you have met all the requirements, and take every piece of paper that they could conceivably ask to see. I suggest that you be standing at the Immigration office when it opens, so that if they place an unexpected roadblock in front of you, you have the rest of the business day to deal with it.

1 hour ago, henrylao said:

Hi will there be any problem if I go to immigration only on the day my old retirement visa expires?

I agree with the other responses to your question - but note that you do not lose any days by renewing early, and can do it 30-days early.   If at all possible, do it early, and have plenty of time to deal with any surprises.

20 hours ago, henrylao said:

The issue is for me that only on my last day I can show that the money has been in the bank for the required period, so if I go early then the money hasn't been there long enough

Would it not be possible for you to prove finances on the basis of monthly pension income equal to at least 65,000 THB as confirmed by your embassy instead in this particular instance?

Or if your total pension income falls short of the required 65,000 THB per month, use the "combo" method of proving finances for retirement extensions, with the shortfall in your pension income on an annualised basis being made up through a bank balance to equal a total of 800,000 THB? That said, although the bank balance element does not, strictly speaking, need to be seasoned, a number of immigration offices are, nevertheless, insisting on this in practice. So would you still have enough seasoned in your bank account for the required period should you wish to proceed on the "combo" basis rather sooner than the day before your existing extension expires?