Govt to make Thailand major aviation center in South Asia

webfact

When I read "major aviation center" I was flabbergasted, what not a hub? Then I read the article and saw "Thailand to become the aviation hub of South Asia" All is right in the universe and the earth is still spinning on it's axis, what a relief. 

They must be kidding. Transferring between Don Muang and Suvarnabhumi for domestic/international flights is a major pain in the butt. Add in the unpredictability of Bangkok traffic on the free bus shuttle, everyone wastes at least half a day on transfers. At Don Muang in particular, some of the boarding gates are so remote I walk less playing 9 holes of golf.

5 hours ago, Lupatria said:

The guys in the photo, are they attending a week long "how to build the perfect paper plane course?"

'Lupatria': Much too 'technical' for them, man, that'll be for the members of some sub-sub-committee they won't fail to install, to help yet another silly bunch of uniformed brass closer to the trough... Priorities, man! 

Another HUB, who would of guessed it?

Someone likes that word, all pipe dreams considering the country has a SH>> aviation reputation, fools on borrowed time

Waiting for the next Hub to be announced, can we have a Hub Of Liars and Cheats please (official)

3 hours ago, jobwolf said:

3 Million Tons, what a temptation

'jobwolf': Indeed: at 1Baht/kg. that'd already be 3Billion in the pocket, the-same-pocket-as-usual, I mean, that's what it's all about: filling the trough... Hub-a-hub!

1 minute ago, wakeupplease said:

Another HUB, who would of guessed it?

Someone likes that word, all pipe dreams considering the country has a SH>> aviation reputation, fools on borrowed time

Waiting for the next Hub to be announced, can we have a Hub Of Liars and Cheats please (official)

Nah, 'wakeupplease', there can be many 'hubs' of anything, but there's only one Guiness book of records title-holder, and, even when not published, some of us might have an idea which country might hold that title...

3 minutes ago, bangrak said:

Nah, 'wakeupplease', there can be many 'hubs' of anything, but there's only one Guiness book of records title-holder, and, even when not published, some of us might have an idea which country might hold that title...

Please tell me as I have now Idea who that could be

3 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Well it is the Hub for one thing. 

1367981603-0.jpg

'Psimbo': Just got an angry phone-call from the Pattaya police chief shouting his turf is NOT the hub of prostitution, guess you must be wrong then, LOL 

5 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Why not?

Thailand is already the Hub for Military Aviation Crashes.

'Srikcir': Wow, don't exaggerate, only helicopters and blimps, the RTAF only has a few airplanes left which are able to fly, and lost 8% of the modern ones, when one crashed, last month...