we have a wider foot  so now back to the wide thong 

now have happy feet

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, opalred said:

after 14 yrears have found  the shoes you buy in asia will not fit a frang

..?????............guess that says it all really...... will await your report on underpants in 2024 ........:coffee1:

We all have different feet..Back in the UK you can buy shoes by length and width, quality shoes that is..

Italian folk seem to have narrower feet than English folk, hence Italian imports may have a problem for folk in England..

But I thought Thai folk had wide-ish feet..

Strange one but I think thais  have fairly big feet I'm a 9.5 and I have wide feet but my midget of a Mrs has toes not much different in size and yes the usual crap whizzed round my head when I met her and noticed her big feet.

I purchased 1 pair of shoes in Thailand which are made in Thailand called Heavy - they are like sandal shoes with a strap. There ok but I prefer trainers and the most comfortable trainers I ever wore are adidas ultra boost. On my 6th pair in 3 years. Not the most durable but great comfort.

Strange one but I think thais  have fairly big feet I'm a 9.5 and I have wide feet but my midget of a Mrs has toes not much different in size and yes the usual crap whizzed round my head when I met her and noticed her big feet.

I purchased 1 pair of shoes in Thailand which are made in Thailand called Heavy - they are like sandal shoes with a strap. There ok but I prefer trainers and the most comfortable trainers I ever wore are adidas ultra boost. On my 6th pair in 3 years. Not the most durable but great comfort.

Mate am sorry, but I was thinking did you meet your wife at The Lord of the Rings premiere.
Really sorry I shouldn't have said.
[emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

9 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Mate am sorry, but I was thinking did you meet your wife at The Lord of the Rings premiere.
Really sorry I shouldn't have said.
emoji102.png

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I'm lost I'm really sorry all I know about that stuff is where I used to live in moseley brum was something to do with Jr Tolkien's childhood. No idea but I'm guessing some fennel had some gruesome feet

I have 2 pairs of nike sneakers, one bought in BKK and one from Tokyo.

The ones from BKK are too narrow but from Tokyo are fine.

Also they are cheaper in Tokyo plus many more models available. Shoeshops there are loaded with Thai.

After 14 years you realise you can't buy a shoe to fit you?

You must be shopping in the wrong places.

All the major shopping malls sell virtually all the top UK brand shoes. 

I have wide feet and in 20 years here never encounter a problem. 

On 3/9/2017 at 1:46 PM, transam said:

We all have different feet..Back in the UK you can buy shoes by length and width, quality shoes that is..

Italian folk seem to have narrower feet than English folk, hence Italian imports may have a problem for folk in England..

But I thought Thai folk had wide-ish feet..

I have been having my shoes and boots made in Thailand, Vietnam and the PI for fifty years.. I have a very wide high instep foot--I wear 10EEE in US sizes--damn near impossible to find except in the very good stores in the US.

Find a shoemaker--there are plenty here in Thailand.

I wear size 12 1/2 (USA size) so I found it very difficult to find any shoes that large here. I think I bought 2 or 3 pair. Occasionally I would find a shoe I liked that came in my size, but that was years ago. Now I just buy through Amazon and another online site and have them shipped here through a forwarder.

My suggestion would be not to go to the markets. Central department store has all the sizes. I'm a size 41 with a wide foot and they carry my size. My mate needs a much larger size and also has no problems. Why don't you shop at Central? Is it an affordability issue instead of a size issue maybe?

Edited by wmlc

On 3/9/2017 at 9:21 PM, Rc2702 said:

because of your Mrs and others wear flip flops most of their lives and many others grew the "duck feet" when working in the rice paddies.notice the space between the big toe and the next one

2 minutes ago, sanukjim said:

because of your Mrs and others wear flip flops most of their lives and many others grew the "duck feet" when working in the rice paddies.notice the space between the big toe and the next one

Yh I can buy that she worked aged 5-15 exactly as described. Thanks.

You are right. I have company in New Zealand. I used to import shoes from India for some big retail customers in NZ. After 6 yrs i stopped. .  The problem there was the same. Their Last's (wooden foot sizs) were always for narrow feet. Many times we would need to pay for our own wide size last's.  Indias largest customer Base was Asian countries, narrow foot soles. Thailand have the same problem they will supply many western  countrys but if they want wide soles the customer has to pay for new foot moulds.

I take 44 4EEEE.. not easy to find here and about the same price as OZ.. so I buy Asics  there.. expensive and made for athletes but great for me for walking... thongs around the house for convenience but not good for the feet... try to find something with heel and some arch support... ADDA aren't too bad but I wouldn't go walking in them.. ok for sloping around.. 

On 3/8/2017 at 8:26 PM, oxo1947 said:

..?????............guess that says it all really...... will await your report on underpants in 2024 ........:coffee1:

Stopped wearing them decades ago,easy access for those AFTER SKOOL GIRLS in Cowboy and must have air.

34 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

I take 44 4EEEE.. not easy to find here and about the same price as OZ.. so I buy Asics  there.. expensive and made for athletes but great for me for walking... thongs around the house for convenience but not good for the feet... try to find something with heel and some arch support... ADDA aren't too bad but I wouldn't go walking in them.. ok for sloping around.. 

Try 48,never found them in 41 years of looking.China must have them cos that's where the are all made.Thongs i mean.Running gym shoes i bring back in bulk.

Have had no problem with shoes or trainers in Thailand. Still wearing a pair of dress shoes bought in Central 10 years ago. Yes i know I don't get out much although they are getting used more regularly for funerals as I'm getting older and lots of friends aren't. Also trainers bought in Central are fine. Again when over there in CM always but a couple of pairs to last me till I'm there again as predominantly wear trainers . Not always sure there genuine though ! At the prices in the sales but hey who cares they last long enough   

Yes.  Figure this one out.  In the US a wear a US 10.  In Thailand I wear a US 12. There must be some trans-dimensional portal that the overseas flight passed through on my way to Thailand that increased by foot size by two sizes.  :wink:  I'm assuming that guys with actually large feet can't find shoes here.