Pattaya trader makes citizen's arrest after Russian steals a watch

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, overherebc said:

No need to say it twice.

Anyway I tried to read all the way through but some of the posts were getting so serious I thought I would try to inject some humour.

Most expats out here have lost that sense of humour because they take themselves too seriously anyway.

Some people don't seem to get it even after it's been repeated half a dozen times. 'Genuine copy" is humour?  That's got whiskers on it.

So let's see if I've got all the facts:

A Russian walked out of a shop with a 1200 baht Naviforce. ( retails around $45 US) got caught, stated he only wanted to look at it , presumably in the day light/ street light ??

That much I think I understand !

What baffles me is who stole/borrowed the Breitling Navitimer ?

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

So let's see if I've got all the facts:

A Russian walked out of a shop with a 1200 baht Naviforce. ( retails around $45 US) got caught, stated he only wanted to look at it , presumably in the day light/ street light ??

That much I think I understand !

No one. At least not in this story.

13 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

That UK lady got 15 months for stealing a tube of toothpaste from the 7/11 and since that watch is much more expensive what sentence will the Russian get?

I was actually referring to the two Brits at the 7eleven in Soi Buakeaw a few months back caught stealing deodorant and chocolates.

i didn't know about the woman you refer to. 

Gee it embarrassing being British sometimes. 

HOw scummy are some people, can afford the plane ticket, but can't afford toothpaste, and soap. 

And steal cheap watches from Thai people.

They are not poor people stealing food, just absolute scum.

6 minutes ago, Philthyphil said:

I was actually referring to the two Brits at the 7eleven in Soi Buakeaw a few months back caught stealing deodorant and chocolates.

i didn't know about the woman you refer to. 

Gee it embarrassing being British sometimes. 

HOw scummy are some people, can afford the plane ticket, but can't afford toothpaste, and soap. 

And steal cheap watches from Thai people.

They are not poor people stealing food, just absolute scum.

In Europe they would receive 6 hours at police station and a ban from the shop thats it.

On 3/10/2017 at 9:32 AM, robblok said:

Im not putting Thais down at every possibility there is like some here seem to do. Quite standard tactics to remain to feel superior you have to put others down otherwise you might realize your not special and your whole over inflated self image falls to pieces. 

So no I am just calling them how I see it not retracting anything.

It seems some expats put themselves on a pedestal above others so that they can feel superior also. Feeling special?

Just now, Grubster said:

It seems some expats put themselves on a pedestal above others so that they can feel superior also. Feeling special?

I doubt I would feel special for not being a bigot.. it would make me feel normal.