NACC implicates two ex-transport ministers in RR aircraft engine bribery scandal

webfact

NACC implicates two ex-transport ministers in RR aircraft engine bribery scandal

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FlIBvxzS2DnngMst9TuSG8W

BANGKOK: -- Two former transport ministers of Thaksin administration during 2004-2005 and the then board of directors of Thai Airways International were suspected to be involved in the wrongful procurement of Rolls Royce aircraft engines for THAI’s Airbus aircrafts.

Mr Sansern Polajiak, secretary-general of the National Anti-Corruption Commission, said on Thursday that the graft watchdog had basis to suspect that the transport minister, deputy transport minister, THAI board and THAI’s long-term investment planning panel might have abused their authority to favour the procurement of RR aircraft engines for THAI’s Boeing B777-200ER and Airbus A340-500/600.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nacc-implicates-two-ex-transport-ministers-rr-aircraft-engine-bribery-scandal/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-10

so it seems that there was some irregularity going on, that has pretty much been established

What I want to know is which side was the instigator

Was RR offering bribes  or where there demands being made, it also seems that RR were using agents from within Thailand to negotiate and manage the procurement deals

3 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

But no one at the companies who purchased them ??

Learn to read..

Two former transport ministers of Thaksin administration during 2004-2005 and the then board of directors of Thai Airways International

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Like the way NACC able to down size the case to 2004-2005. Perhaps easy to investigate than going back to the beginning of the scandal in 1991.

And implicate 2 or 3 military junta appointed ministers. Not in our life time, not in anybodies life time. Money distributed, spent, accounted for all above board. The PM will soon announce no irregularities during any of the coup periods.

...........Two former transport ministers of Thaksin administrationwere suspected to be involved in the wrongful procurement......... 

Well well. There you are then.

Eric's heroes never cease to amaze me!!

16 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

...........Two former transport ministers of Thaksin administrationwere suspected to be involved in the wrongful procurement......... 

Well well. There you are then.

Eric's heroes never cease to amaze me!!

Does amazes me but do the crime pay the time together with the rest of the corrupted ministers and bureaucrats from 1991. May include some of your favourites from the Dem Party and perceived squeaky clean Chuan's government.

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Learn to read..

Two former transport ministers of Thaksin administration during 2004-2005 and the then board of directors of Thai Airways International

Excellent and suggest instead of flippant remarks you do the same with the facts. I will make it simple for you.  When was the contract for the RR Engines for Thai Airways  signed ?  Clue, well prior to 2004.  2nd Clue When were the RR Engines for the compressor units ordered and signed for by PTT ? So As I said but no one at the companies who ordered them.  Rather trying to shift the blame from the signatories at the time to others.  Still just adjust the facts to suit the outcome you are looking for.

44 minutes ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Excellent and suggest instead of flippant remarks you do the same with the facts. I will make it simple for you.  When was the contract for the RR Engines for Thai Airways  signed ?  Clue, well prior to 2004.  2nd Clue When were the RR Engines for the compressor units ordered and signed for by PTT ? So As I said but no one at the companies who ordered them.  Rather trying to shift the blame from the signatories at the time to others.  Still just adjust the facts to suit the outcome you are looking for.

NO my point was that its not just the 2 Thaksin ministers but the whole board of directors of Thai airways.. they have ordered them. That far more people are guilty is a fact, and like you I want to see each and everyone of them charged (unfortunately there is such a thing as statute of limitations and they are trying to keep some people out of this).

This is totally wrong, and I agree with you. But when you replied you seemed to mean that only the Thaksin ministers were punished.. but it is them and the board of Thai Airways. 

Actually, I'm impressed that the authorities are implicating the

entire board. That should produce one or two "throwaways", eh :sleep:

Edited by Dap
age related