Glass Film

14 minutes ago, transam said:

So if I pull out of a side street into the path of a bike he is in the wrong......

facepalm.gif

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You really don't get it do you? The point is he can't see the car or motorbike unless he winds down the window.

ok yeah my bad, I missed the bit about pulling out of a side street. why does the car or scooter not have lights ?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

ok yeah my bad, I missed the bit about pulling out of a side street. why does the car or scooter not have lights ?

TIT Next you'll be asking why they ride on the wrong side of the road, or make two extra lanes when turning right, etc, etc. Need I go on?

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Where I am it is done with impunity, every single time we go out at night they are there, even cars and pickups. Why, cos they can't be bothered to spend a few baht on bulbs, or perhaps they think it makes the battery last longer or save fuel...All I know is I cannot see clearly through the tint to be SURE the coast is clear of these stupid people..

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Where I am it is done with impunity, every single time we go out at night they are there, even cars and pickups. Why, cos they can't be bothered to spend a few baht on bulbs, or perhaps they think it makes the battery last longer or save fuel...All I know is I cannot see clearly through the tint to be SURE the coast is clear of these stupid people..

meh, id still pull out in front of em and let my insurance deal with it. maybe they will learn a lesson but most likely not.

Saying that we have street lights here so this issue is not one ive encountered.

Edited by Don Mega

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

meh, id still pull out in front of em and let my insurance deal with it. maybe they will learn a lesson but most likely not.

Saying that we have street lights here so this issue is not one ive encountered.

So you never drive anywhere that doesn't have street lights? That must restrict where you go considerably. You pull out anyway, even though someone may get seriously hurt or even killed? I guess that will teach 'em huh?

Edited by giddyup

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So you never drive anywhere that doesn't have street lights? That must restrict where you go considerably. You pull out anyway, even though someone may get seriously hurt or even killed? I guess that will teach 'em huh?

All my driving is done in daylight hours other than the occasional trip to the 7/11 or family mart to grab some beers but then mostly I will send the wife on her scooter for that anyways.

If they are dumb enough to drive/ride without headlight they deserve all they get.

Edited by Don Mega

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Here is my trusty Vigo, the film looks dark but you can see inside the cabin if up close. At night it ain't good in low light areas, which to me says it could be dangerous.

blown vigo.jpg

dark tints, wheels, chrome bling... AOP is gunna go into overdrive !!!

15 hours ago, giddyup said:

It's how well you see. That's my point!

Drivers can either see through tints enough to operate the vehicle or they can't.  I, and a few others, can see through our dark tints, you and another insist that you can't or that it is just a fad.  I know for a fact that I can see through mine, you are speculating based on nothing that I can't, and only one of us is right.

1 minute ago, gdgbb said:

Drivers can either see through tints enough to operate the vehicle or they can't.  I, and a few others, can see through our dark tints, you and another insist that you can't or that it is just a fad.  I know for a fact that I can see through mine, you are speculating based on nothing that I can't, and only one of us is right.

All eyes are different to light, NO ONE should say this or that is OK because they are OK..

2 minutes ago, transam said:

All eyes are different to light, NO ONE should say this or that is OK because they are OK..

And using the same logic, neither should anyone say that this, or that, is not ok just because it is not ok for them!  Maybe he's listening?

5 hours ago, transam said:

Here is my trusty Vigo, the film looks dark but you can see inside the cabin if up close. At night it ain't good in low light areas, which to me says it could be dangerous.

blown vigo.jpg

Funny man...shame you didn't get a plasti-chrome fuel filler cover also to complete the look, though!

You don't open the bonnet very often do you?

Edited by gdgbb

I know in Australia a certain level of tint is illegal and police vehicle checks include meters to check etc. But the big difference is nobody, under any circumstances tints the front windscreen, except for a 100-200 mm strip across the top. even a small amount of tint on a widescreen makes night driving near impossible.

Just now, Peterw42 said:

I know in Australia a certain level of tint is illegal and police vehicle checks include meters to check etc. But the big difference is nobody, under any circumstances tints the front windscreen, except for a 100-200 mm strip across the top. even a small amount of tint on a widescreen makes night driving near impossible.

Same applies  to the UK. 

I know as a motorbike rider, window tints are not great as you cannot see the car driver to know if they see you. There is a safety aspect of being able to see the driver of a vehicle and possibly their intent, is this going going to turn in front of me, has he seen me, is he chatting on the phone etc. In Australia, an old man driving with a hat on, avoid at any cost, lol.

2 hours ago, gdgbb said:

I can see through sunglasses, during the day. However, things aren't quite as clear wearing them at night, no matter how cool you think you look.

22 hours ago, giddyup said:

I can see through sunglasses, during the day. However, things aren't quite as clear wearing them at night, no matter how cool you think you look.

Who brought up sunglasses, or "cool", maybe you're replying to the wrong person?   I don't wear sunglasses, day or night and I didn't mention them.

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

Who brought up sunglasses, or "cool", maybe you're replying to the wrong person?   I don't wear sunglasses, day or night and I didn't mention them.

You don't see the connection between sunglasses (tinted glass) and tinted windscreens? Never mind, obviously too deep.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

You don't see the connection between sunglasses (tinted glass) and tinted windscreens? Never mind, obviously too deep.

I see a similarity (as deep as your comment was) but why bring them up?

On 12/03/2017 at 5:51 PM, giddyup said:

You seem to think that I said I look cool in sunglasses.  Never mentioned them.

1 minute ago, gdgbb said:

I see a similarity (as deep as your comment was) but why bring them up?

You seem to think that I said I look cool in sunglasses.  Never mentioned them.

I should have said one instead of you, ie, no matter how cool one thinks they look. As to the comparison between sunglasses and tinted glass, I think that's self explanatory.

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I should have said one instead of you, ie, no matter how cool one thinks they look. As to the comparison between sunglasses and tinted glass, I think that's self explanatory.

No, it wasn't self-explanatory, you very clearly indicated that I thought that I looked cool.  Anyway, you're on your own with this now.