Looking For A Good Under The Sink Water Filtration System For A Condo

Farang two dot zero

I'm located in Pattaya but i still have big tartar problems (limestone) I need a filtering system for all my condo I will contact the Culligan delear in Thailand:

S.Napa
142 Two Pacific Place, 20th Fl, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey
Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Phone: +66 2 653-0438
Fax: +66 2 653-3706
www.snapa.co.th
[email protected]

i_513140.jpg

I thought the only way to remove minerals like lime were to effect an ion exchange using a "water softener" with beads that need to be backwashed regularly with salt water to retain their abilities?  :huh:

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:32 PM, wpcoe said:

I thought the only way to remove minerals like lime were to effect an ion exchange using a "water softener" with beads that need to be backwashed regularly with salt water to retain their abilities?  :huh:

You can detail I do not understand?
Do you have pictures?

I found this company www.bwt-thailand.com but that is on Bangkok and that does not answer my email !

HomePro and the like have softeners (ion-exchange resin filters) of various types, from replaceable cartridges for point of use softening to whole house units 1.5m high which you re-generate using salt on a regular basis.

Where does your limescale show itself? Could simple (cheap) point of use filters be used?

Hopefully some local members (we're in BKK) will be along with local solutions :smile:

Water softeners only counteract the mineral deposits, to remove the limestone you need to install a reverse osmosis system
In pattaya there is or was a water testing/filter shop on the corner of sukhumvit and pattaya nua. Get a sample done to see the filter set up you need or just install RO straight off

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:19 AM, Crossy said:

HomePro and the like have softeners (ion-exchange resin filters) of various types, from replaceable cartridges for point of use softening to whole house units 1.5m high which you re-generate using salt on a regular basis.

Where does your limescale show itself? Could simple (cheap) point of use filters be used?

Hopefully some local members (we're in BKK) will be along with local solutions :smile:

Where does your limescale show itself?

In all the water supply especially the shower but I will install a washing machine so I need a very good filtering system

Could simple (cheap) point of use filters be used?

Don't get you ?

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:06 AM, Anythingleft? said:

In pattaya there is or was a water testing/filter shop on the corner of sukhumvit and pattaya nua. Get a sample done to see the filter set up you need or just install RO straight off

Please what the shop name and adress please ?

Its called BK water just on the sukhumvit next to the corner of pattaya nua
If you come from the motorway turning right onto the sukhumvit into Pattaya then it is about 200yards on the left hand side before you reach the main lights that allow you to turn left onto Pattaya nua
Hope this explanation helps? I dont know how to post a link from google but I will try

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

On 4/25/2017 at 3:43 PM, Farang two dot zero said:

I would have sworn it was a Pure shop, but looking on Google Earth Street View (dated 8/2016) it appears to be this place?

a.jpg.415aeda68315c23681d2a9d2c7d2486b.jpg

I've been in the shop, but it's been a few years.  I also thought it was closer to the intersection, so maybe the shop I'm remembering is no longer there?  Anyway, the sign in front of this shop is directing folks to "Water Filter" parking, so this must be the current water filter place at the Sukhumvit/Pattaya Nua intersection.

• 2 months later...
On 27/04/2017 at 4:44 AM, wpcoe said:

I would have sworn it was a Pure shop, but looking on Google Earth Street View (dated 8/2016) it appears to be this place?

a.jpg.415aeda68315c23681d2a9d2c7d2486b.jpg

I've been in the shop, but it's been a few years.  I also thought it was closer to the intersection, so maybe the shop I'm remembering is no longer there?  Anyway, the sign in front of this shop is directing folks to "Water Filter" parking, so this must be the current water filter place at the Sukhumvit/Pattaya Nua intersection.

I found the GPS coordinates for this shop
Latitude : 12.948101 | Longitude : 100.905326

16 hours ago, topazann said:

Why not use a RO system,I have installed them in our house and it works a treat,we have our own artesian well so have the usual large standing filter at the pumphouse and the water that comes into the house is fine for normal use.We then have cozzy the RO system in the kitchen and that supplies drinking water.Need to change the filters about once a year.Buy in Home Pro around 8000TB

My worry is not to have a drinking water my worries is that the PH is much too strong the water is extremely limestone !

On 09/07/2017 at 6:31 PM, sappersrest said:

Can you let us know what your pH levels are? How hard is your water any indication of the measurement of hardness, this would be useful in assessing your needs.

I do not know the pH of my water what I notice is enormous traces of limestone in my shower and the bathroom sink.

Edited by Farang two dot zero

There are plenty of small packed water treatments inc RO and water softness to remove lime scale. some softer claim that the ph can be lowered but this is only marginal in some research.

However you can only alter the pH BY THE ADDITION OF CHEMICALS.