Parking crackdown on Beach Road.

champers

They regularly clamp and tow bikes trucks and cars on South Pattaya road from 3rd road junction to 2nd road, they have an odd/even day parking system allowing parking on only one side of the road and are very active on Soi Buakhow market days.

14 hours ago, Allstars said:

I would agree with you if any baht bus ever made use of those bus stops. :biggrin:

Actually, on Beach Road in particular, they are stopping at bus stops. I think they are worried about police activity and potential fines. 

I fully support the fining of speeding Russian and Chinese tour bus drivers, I'm not so sure that it will prevent many accidents though....changing lanes isn't illegal but I understand what you mean about the dangerous and flagrant disregard for other road users shown by lots of drivers around Pattaya.

Friend of mine went to Koh Larn for the day with his girlfriend and she parked in front of the derelict Waterfront thingamabob. Got back late afternoon and the car had been towed. Cost her about US$15 to get it back apparently. She was horrified at the cost but was somewhat appeased when her boyfriend told her that back in Houston, they charge around US$90 bucks just tell you what vehicle impound your ride is at (tow truck fee recovery) and around US$125 to actually get it back.

6 minutes ago, newnative said:

All parking should be eliminated on Pattaya Beach Road and the sidewalks widened on the shop side the whole length of Beach Road.  Ditto on both sides of the road for Pattaya Second Road. 

Exactly than make it only one lane for car and one lane for song teaws no busses trucks allowed.Than widen also beach boulevard and ad trees and benches tourists like to walk and stroll around.

3 hours ago, newnative said:

All parking should be eliminated on Pattaya Beach Road and the sidewalks widened on the shop side the whole length of Beach Road.  Ditto on both sides of the road for Pattaya Second Road. 

I was singing that song many, many years ago. it's probably never going to happen. One reason I hate cars- taken over too many towns and cities around the world. Should be banned altogether within city limits.

On 11/03/2017 at 9:04 PM, onemorechang said:

Hope they extend this to all illegal parking,  on every road in pattaya.

Selfish  parking contributes to many,   unnecessary traffic jams round this town.

2000 -3000 fine for cars and trucks,  would be ok, by me.

Should they fine the illegally parked car at the kerb, or the double parked ones next to them or both?

I always considered the parking along North Rd to be a contributing factor to slow vehicle movement there,  but the Police also close off 11/2 lanes for no reason I can see opposite the bus station and coaches regularly make a nuisance of themselves at the Jewel place. Too many problems to shake a stick at.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Should they fine the illegally parked car at the kerb, or the double parked ones next to them or both?

All of them.

But maybe for double and treble parked,   how about,  Cars gets removed  and crushed at the local scrap yard,    or a mobile unit at the  side of the road

then feed the cars in  whilst the owners cry,   about how unfair  it all is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the disgraceful mess on Thripiset road over the weekend with the market,   unbelievable  :bah: and that's only one example, loads more around town.

Pattaya and Jomtien is a near no go area for cars now days.

My car sits unused all week   now days, ,  just to much  time sat in stupid traffic jams  around town created by morons,  I only use the car at  it at weekends now, unless its an emergency,  

( Like  down to last case of Beer Chang or SangTip  ) :smile:

Bikes rule,

Edited by onemorechang

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2560 at 10:49 PM, NanLaew said:

Friend of mine went to Koh Larn for the day with his girlfriend and she parked in front of the derelict Waterfront thingamabob. Got back late afternoon and the car had been towed. Cost her about US$15 to get it back apparently. She was horrified at the cost but was somewhat appeased when her boyfriend told her that back in Houston, they charge around US$90 bucks just tell you what vehicle impound your ride is at (tow truck fee recovery) and around US$125 to actually get it back.

And, they should charge the same as Houston here.  Fines need to be painful so you say to yourself, I'm not going to do THAT again!

1 hour ago, onemorechang said:

All of them.

But maybe for double and treble parked,   how about,  Cars gets removed  and crushed at the local scrap yard,    or a mobile unit at the  side of the road

then feed the cars in  whilst the owners cry,   about how unfair  it all is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the disgraceful mess on Thripiset road over the weekend with the market,   unbelievable  :bah: and that's only one example, loads more around town.

Pattaya and Jomtien is a near no go area for cars now days.

My car sits unused all week   now days, ,  just to much  time sat in stupid traffic jams  around town created by morons,  I only use the car at  it at weekends now, unless its an emergency,  

( Like  down to last case of Beer Chang or SangTip  ) :smile:

Bikes rule,

Yes so does my truck. Although 2 incidents of dangerous driving by Bangkok registered vehicles last week has put me off the motorbike too.

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes so does my truck. Although 2 incidents of dangerous driving by Bangkok registered vehicles last week has put me off the motorbike too.

Yes, when riding a bike in Pattaya always take note of where vehicles are registered.   Bangkok drivers so arrogant (me first) giving bikes no room and many from other provinces outside Chonburi totally unpredictable.  

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:13 AM, BsBs said:

What about fining the Russian and Chinese tour bus killers before an accident happen ?

When is the last time you saw them parked on Beach road?

They stopped since Speed Boats stopped operating from the beach.

There is about 1 hundred every day parked opposite the marina.

Edited by Pattaya46

7 hours ago, gmac said:

Yes, when riding a bike in Pattaya always take note of where vehicles are registered.   Bangkok drivers so arrogant (me first) giving bikes no room and many from other provinces outside Chonburi totally unpredictable.  

It's not arrogance at all.

They are driving the way they are used to driving in Bangkok... taking advantage of every opening in order to move forward.

Personally I find them very predictable... to try to cut me off!

6 hours ago, Encid said:

It's not arrogance at all.

They are driving the way they are used to driving in Bangkok... taking advantage of every opening in order to move forward.

Personally I find them very predictable... to try to cut me off!

Exactly........arrogant!

My favorite thing is finally finding a small space between 2 motorbikes to cross the street and a Thai drives up and heads for the space where I am standing. Ouch! Like trying to get to Soi 13 from the Avenue shopping center in Patts.