EC will decide general election date: Meechai

rooster59

EC will decide general election date: Meechai

By The Nation

76aed6b3e5ae1129c522d59f3a87913d.jpeg

Meechai Ruchupan

The date of the next general election will be decided by the Election Commission (EC), chief charter drafter Meechai Ruchupan said on Saturday.

The Constitution Drafting Commission (CDC) chairman said it was still unclear when the next election would take place, but he confirmed that it would be held in the 12 months following the promulgation of the new constitution.

The charter draft was endorsed in a referendum last August and submitted for royal endorsement in early November. His Majesty the King’s observations in regard to the monarchy were then made and delivered via Privy Council members to the government.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30308702

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-12

EC will decide general election date

Once they return from their latest overseas "investigative" trip.

Doing the math it sounds like an election could be held as soon as 330 days from 17 Feb. 2017, but I think they've also decided it must come after the Royal funeral and Royal coronation. So something like mid to late 2018, assuming there aren't further delays.

I wonder if the public will be asked for "input" on the organic laws?

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Doing the math it sounds like an election could be held as soon as 330 days from 17 Feb. 2017, but I think they've also decided it must come after the Royal funeral and Royal coronation. So something like mid to late 2018, assuming there aren't further delays.

Just to firm up on your math in respect of the election date, according to my calculations ( which I checked twice on my abacus), the precise date will be the 12th of Never.

Better check when they are going to be in the country. Been to Scotland, Japan, Korea. Forthcoming elections in France, The Netherlands, Germany will no doubt need to be observed. Surprised they haven't been to the US to investigate rigged voting claims. Hopefully they can find time in their busy schedules for an election at home.

6 hours ago, djjamie said:

With the peace Thailand is witnessing now most are happy for this delay. 

78% of those polled by Bangkok University’s Research Centre said that junta powers under Article 44 should be retained even after the next general election. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30307969

Doesn't seem much point even holding elections.

Happy Days are here now!

21 minutes ago, baboon said:

Bear in mind they are off to Geneva soon to extol their execrable human rights record. This election chatter is probably intended to fool the UN into thinking progress is being made.

Normal happenings in Thailand. As the promised election date nears, it actually gets further away. Prayuths imaginary roadmap is full of many roadblocks, potholes and never ending roundabouts

14 hours ago, newcomer71 said:

Yes most of Junta hard fans are happy indeed.

I'm no fan of the Junta, but I prefer them to the last government and the  same applies to most of my friends. We feel safer in Thailand. I consider your remarks, calling us Junta hard fans both stupid and childish.

Just now, gamini said:

I'm no fan of the Junta, but I prefer them to the last government and the  same applies to most of my friends. We feel safer in Thailand. I consider your remarks, calling us Junta hard fans both stupid and childish.

If you support the junta, you are indeed a fan, I don't see anything stupid (thanks for your insult) or childish.

Oh at least before Thai people had a choice at least but now...