'Happy' solution found to collecting Shinawatra taxes

webfact

17 hours ago, scorecard said:

... limitations was past, making collection impossible.

Check the facts, that's not exactly / totally what was said, another opportunistic poster?

So did the revenue department say there was no taxes payable? did the court rule no tax payable? 

So who is saying taxes are payable? that would be the AG and those that have an agenda. 

17 hours ago, scorecard said:

... limitations was past, making collection impossible.

Check the facts, that's not exactly / totally what was said, another opportunistic poster?

Your wrong check your facts before questioning others. There is only one truth seek it, unless you want to be called opportunistic poster?

How is this considered to be news. We cannot reveal the details? Fooey. This is the real news here: 

The meeting was held after the Revenue Department admitted on Sunday that it was unlikely to collect taxes from the Shinawatraregarding their controversial sale of Shin Corp shares in 2006. This was due to the fact that the five-year tax summons limit would expire at the end of this month, the agency said. The admission was made despite the Revenue Department coming under considerable pressure from the Office of the Auditor General. Auditor-General Pisit Leelavach-iropas has also threatened to take legal action against the head of the Revenue Department over tax disputes with the former prime minister's family.

Multiple officials should be taken to task for this. It is a heinous breach of duty. Ridiculous

but what I can say is that the government will be happy with the solution

Of course this is what's important?

This is not about tax collection; the Shin sale has already been investigated - to death - and resolved. The was (is) no capital gains tax assessed.

That said, I'm sure there will be extensive investigations into any/all large corporate share sales involving the "powers'that-be". /not

12 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

Thaksin didn't do a thing for Thailand that didn't make his own wallet thicker, then came his sister and saw to that all his friends got paid!

Look at the rice scheme that was supposed to help the farmers but in the end all that money ended up in the pockets of rice mils, land owners, fertilizer and seed companies and no real benefit for those doing all the hard work.

The Shinawatras are like magicians deceiving with smoke and mirrors.

And you expect something different from any other Thai leader - it almost defines them and leader here is defined as any Tom, Dick or Harry with an ounce of power of any sort.

On 3/13/2017 at 4:04 PM, MorristheRunt said:

I guarantee he will return from exile to run this country again within the next 3 years.

His "man" is already in place to help him.  I wish I could expand on that, but you know the rules here

And again   'I know something you others don't know...'

Actually I doubt you have anything to reveal.

Edited by scorecard

I think someone should check the current pm's taxes/income and families too as suspect some unusual wealth and minimal taxing is highly likely too, but of course he has amnesty and refuses to disclose his wealth as he above judgement .

The real problem is current mob are just as bad as old mob .

Whole lot need go and some educated normal people need come into politics .

Case on taksins wealth been through courts already, they also seized a lot of assets already so could just deduct from that. To me it obvious reasons on chasing this is beyond original tax evasion as that and other business practices are very much the norm and everyone at it whether red yellow or orange .

Nothing will really improve until get some proper educated normal people in the system and for current greed and corruption to become less of a normality .

On 3/13/2017 at 4:11 PM, sjaak327 said:

One band of thieves being replaced by yet another. One thing is certain Thaksin has shown more respect to laws than the current lot...

I do not think there is a grain of truth in your statement. Sounds like blind prejudice to me.

Edited by ianf
typo

Prayut pledges ‘normal’ legal procedure regarding Shin tax case

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha on Tuesday said that solutions regarding back taxes allegedly owed by the Shinawatra family linked to the multi-billion-baht Shin Corp sale must proceed by “normal” legal procedures and the rule of law.

“Whether it can be solved or not depends on justice,” he said, adding that the case should be concluded by the end of the month. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30309074

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-14

3 hours ago, ianf said:

I do not think there is a grain of truth in your statement. Sounds like blind prejudice to me.

No it isn't. I explained why I think so already. Dying to hear anyone trying to explain away the lawbreaking abilities of the Junta. Extremely hard to ignore cold hard facts.

On 3/13/2017 at 7:39 PM, Enoon said:

Was that ever a problem?  I doubt that you would find many "patriotic" Thais willing to condemn this statement from 2003:

"Victory in the War on Drugs is good. They may blame the crackdown for more than 2,500 deaths, but this is a small price to pay. If the prime minister failed to curb [the drug trade], over the years the number of deaths would easily surpass this toll."

...  I doubt that you would find many "patriotic" Thais willing to condemn this statement from 2003: "

I totally disagree, you are wrong.

On 3/14/2017 at 9:00 AM, aussieinthailand said:

So did the revenue department say there was no taxes payable? did the court rule no tax payable? 

So who is saying taxes are payable? that would be the AG and those that have an agenda. 

I suggest that the questions about whether taxes were payable happened whilst the paymaster wielded massive frightening power. Not surprisingly they made 'appropriate' assessments. 

At the time it raised many eyebrows, many folks couldn't believe the rulings. 

Edited by scorecard