Video: Young Thais step in to help foreigner after theft of phone by ladyboy

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, billmichael said:

That FORD Ranger sure looks a lot like a Toyota Tacoma.  I am interested in this because FORD is supposed to bring back the FORD mid-sized truck series in the USA sometime soon.

I can't be bothered.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Good to see a young local and well meaning samaritan step up to land

a hand, could it be that attitude

towards foreigners are changing for the better among the young?....

I don't know about changing attitudes.... but I do know that there are a lot of good people out there.

the catch 22 with good people, is that they are generally not around in bad places, when bad things happen.... this was a fortunate outcome for one tourist

2 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Well done, you managed to find something to criticise about a 100% positive report.

So your mobile phone gets stolen by a bloke in a dress, you then have to pay 1,000 baht for the privilege of getting your property back.

100% positive report ? I guess mathematics is not your strong point ? 

From the Thai dialogue, she is claiming he touched her and she therefore wanted money, he refused so she grabbed his phone as payment, and stole his motorbike key. Looks like there was some sort of short time involved. The young Thai lads intervened and negotiated the settlement, good on them

Lesson for farang.. if you touch you pay! 

Edited by foxboy

3 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

So your mobile phone gets stolen by a bloke in a dress, you then have to pay 1,000 baht for the privilege of getting your property back.

Lol.... I need one of those clever pictures.

"give me the money, or the phone gets it!" :cheesy:

3 hours ago, midasthailand said:

No matter what the relationship between the youth and the farang it is good to see him step in and help. Clearly the Farang is under the weather from booze or drugs and the fact that the youth had his keys indicates they knew each other. The lady boy epidemic in this country would not be so bad if they were not mostly violent, scheming lowlifes. Having said that I know quite a few ladyboys that are good workers and pleasant people.

Hope the situation was resolved to everyone's satisfaction!

since you know quite a few katoey, how can you say that they are MOSTLYviolent, scheming lowlifes?  get away from Pattaya and Patpong and Phuket, and you will find that MOST katoey are decent people who just want to live their lives in dignity without prejudice and especially without risking violent assault from those many Westerners who (misunderstand and therefore) hate them

4 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

These boys should be recruited for Police jobs, they will deal better legally when there is dispute between anyone in Thailand.

Especially Thailand should open special Police station for Lady Boy related crimes, to strip search and bash when required.

Sick of seeing lady boys, they are criminals.

A nice thought but the reality is that they would probably be corrupted by the RTP system, sadly. :sad:

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

4 hours ago, wirat69 said:

No suggestions of such a thing in the video 

one day you you might recognise that saying such things reflect your own mind and character, not those of the people you are speaking of 

No, on the contrary ... it was just the application of common sense ... thieves don't tend to stick around or ask for money in return for goods stolen. My comments say nothing about either my mind nor my character ... your comments speak volumes about your naiveté on Thailand.

24 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

No, on the contrary ... it was just the application of common sense ... thieves don't tend to stick around or ask for money in return for goods stolen. My comments say nothing about either my mind nor my character ... your comments speak volumes about your naiveté on Thailand.

It looks like your initial guess was spot on Alex. She refers to the farang kissing her ปาก (mouth) นม (breasts) and จิ๋ม (vagina) definitely more to the story than the 'theft by ladyboy' title would have us all believe

22 minutes ago, foxboy said:

It looks like your initial guess was spot on Alex. She refers to the farang kissing her ปาก (mouth) นม (breasts) and จิ๋ม (vagina) definitely more to the story than the 'theft by ladyboy' title would have us all believe

Thank you. I've been around Thailand long enough to know that was more than a possibility. I won't hold my breath for an apology from the guy that seemed to think I was judging people by my own standards! :wai:

Well, if the BiB are not doing anything - who else would do? These ladyboys have been a nuisance for decades in Pattaya yet still ply their (stealing and robbing) trade nightly on Beach Road. 

Again, I keep on writing the same stuff over and over - clean out the police force and most problems are cleaned out with them ..... 

I wouldn't consider it a good resolve if had pay 1,000bt to get his own phone back .

Lot of ladyboys in tourist areas are indeed dodgy characters.

Westerners need be more aware and less drunk as you can end up dead and in a gutter in your underwear rather easily here if wonder around the nightlife scene with no common sense .

Thai johns rob rom thais without a care, they rob from farang gleefully so be alert .

8 hours ago, iforget said:

Actually, if you understand Thai you will hear the ladyboy say, "He sucked my pu**y. I need to be paid for it."

Didn't know ladyboys had such a thing as mentioned - don't they normally still have their original 'manhood'?  After more than 20 years here, still confused by the usage of some terms.

Whats all the fuss.We are only there to be abused.She has been caught.yes she.Dont ever call them a man.And still argues about giving it back.Nice car.Were do you think they make money to buy it.she cannot understand them.What are you doing.You know that they are only here to be robbed.Crime the same justice is not.Be warned about going to thailand.

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

And I guess that comprehending the rest of the report about the incident is not a strong point of yours?

9 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

The "worse for the beverage" (read 'drunk') farang pathetically stands by while apparently decent Thai young men argue the toss with the LB over the possession of the phone. Thais 1 - farang 0.

If it would have been me, I would have had an overwhelming urge to beat the crap out the ladyboy. But maybe the Farlang thought the Thais all knew each other and if he started to intervene they could all have turned on him.

I do believe the Farlang must have had some prior business with the ladyboy whereas the ladyboy had access to his phone. Best to keep well clear of them, they are dangerous and bad news. 

2 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Perhaps not quite 100% positive as I believe the only person who actually broke the law was a THAI ladyboy.

You clearly didn't understand the point of the article which was 100% positive about the actions of a group of Thais assisting a foreigner.

5 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

You clearly didn't understand the point of the article which was 100% positive about the actions of a group of Thais assisting a foreigner.

The report was about a number of Thais helping a foreigner recover his phone which had been stolen by a Thai ladyboy.

If you believe that the report is 100% POSITIVE about Thais, I have to disagree.     It shows a positively GOOD side of the Thais  who recovered the telephone but once again illustrates the extremely BAD side displayed by many Thai ladyboys.  Thus some good and some bad, which cannot in anyone's language be taken as 100% POSITIVE

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

The report was about a number of Thais helping a foreigner recover his phone which had been stolen by a Thai ladyboy.

If you believe that the report is 100% POSITIVE about Thais, I have to disagree.     It shows a positively GOOD side of the Thais  who recovered the telephone but once again illustrates the extremely BAD side displayed by many Thai ladyboys.  Thus some good and some bad, which cannot in anyone's language be taken as 100% POSITIVE

Gawd...as you yourself said "the report was about a number of Thais helping a foreigner recover his phone..." 100% positive. 

If you want to spin it as a negative report about thieving LBs, go right ahead, knock yourself out.  (For the benefit of any mods, "knock yourself out" is a figure of speech, not an attack!)

Edited by gdgbb

The person at fault here is the reporter... implying that the ladyboy has just stolen his phone. It obviously didn't play out like that from the thai conversation. 

The farang has had some sort of service and didn't want to pay

I've seen it many times were a drunken farang mistakenly assumes if he hasn't managed to get an erection, penetrate or reach orgasm he shouldn't have to pay. Anyone with any sense or understanding of this industry knows that not paying is the best way to get yourself into a situation like this. 

She held his phone and key as ransom for payment due. 

If the police had attended it would have been the same outcome, except the price would have gone up to cover their time too! :shock1: