Income Letter Nontanburi

Does anyone know if Nontanburi immigration require the UK Embassy Income Letter, for the purposes of a retirement extension, be additionally verified by the Department of Consular Affairs at Chaeng Wattana. I'm planning on doing a combo method application tomorrow and will be visiting my bank branch at Chaeng Wattana first to get the proof of funds bank letter. I understand, from a previous post, that the Department of Consular Affairs do a same day service if you apply early and pay 800bt, so it might all still be doable in one day, even if the extra verification is required. Incidentally, the Income Letter arrived today (11 working days after receipt per EMS, which is spot on with their 10 day turnaround target plus one day's post) with a note that the Embassy was unable to process my SCB Debit Card and requesting I send them a bankers draft (apparently they no longer accept postal orders) for the balance, which I thought was rather good of them. No idea what the problem was, I previously went to my bank to check this out and they issued me with a new smart card which they assured me was fit for this purpose.

I recall recent reports of Nonthaburi immigration  wanting the signature of the income letter to be verified by the department of consular affairs.

Info here on the process and fees (click on the english version to enlarge it). http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/6441/71860-ขั้นตอนการรับรองนิติกรณ์เอกสาร---Legalization-Proc.html

3 minutes ago, nausea said:

Thanks for that Ubonjoe. The flow chart mentions translations, which is a bit worrying. I don't need to get the Income Letter translated do I?

Translations is just one of their services in legalization section. No need for the translation.

They will put sticker like this on your letter.

signature certification.jpg

I had a similar non-payment issue with using a UK c/c for the UK Embassy income letter. As the OP noted, they issued the letter 'on trust' and requested subsequent payment via a bank draft.

So anyone concerned that problems with paying for the income letter by card might mean a delay in issuance of the letter and possibly missing the extension deadline might sleep a bit easier, as this seems to be the Embassy acting in a reasonable manner.

1 minute ago, dabhand said:

So anyone concerned that problems with paying for the income letter by card might mean a delay in issuance of the letter and possibly missing the extension deadline might sleep a bit easier, as this seems to be the Embassy acting in a reasonable manner.

Getting the letter well ahead of the date your extension ends would prevent that problem. Immigration will accept them that are up to 6 months old.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Getting the letter well ahead of the date your extension ends would prevent that problem. Immigration will accept them that are up to 6 months old.

Yes, indeed. I obtained mine at the end of January but will not be renewing until end of March - about 40 days prior to my extension expiry date of early May. Some, though, do cut these things a bit too fine despite the 6 month validity period.

On 3/15/2017 at 3:39 PM, nausea said:

Thanks again. Early start for me tomorrow then.

Problems might, though, have arisen had the British Embassy, for whatever reason, not yet notified the MFA of the consular official who had signed your income confirmation letter - which would presumably have resulted in the MFA flatly refusing to provide the necessary verification.

I trust, however, that this did not prove to be an issue in your case! 

8 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Problems might, though, have arisen had the British Embassy, for whatever reason, not yet notified the MFA of the consular official who had signed your income confirmation letter - which would presumably have resulted in the MFA flatly refusing to provide the necessary verification.

I trust, however, that this did not prove to be an issue in your case! 

I think if that happened the MFA would contact the embassy to get the problem sorted out post-haste.

Also I am not sure any embassy would not allow a new consular officer to do anything until they were registered at the MFA.

Got the verification Thursday, got the extension Friday. So the stress is over for me, at least for another year. Not possible to do it all in one day, cos even using the same day express service (400 as oppose to 200bt) you don't receive the verified doc until around 3ish. All went pretty smoothly Friday with only one new form since my last application, the social media questionnaire thingy. Interestingly, the IO only marked the usual mundane stuff for completion (not the controversial social media, places you visit, bank account details, part). Needs another photo though. My previous leave would've expired on the 23rd March and I agree it would be wise to start the whole process earlier to allow for hiccups, especially if Immigration accept Income Letters up to 6 months old. Not sure if that's universal though, I recall some posts here mentioning a one month limit, which is why I started late (a month before the leave expiry date), cos I wasn't sure how quickly the British Embassy would turn the Income Letter request around, and didn't want to end up with a possibly time-expired letter.