White House says Trump stands by claim Obama wiretapped him

webfact

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Gramps said:

I can't help feeling that continually forcing the CIA and FBI to respond to/investigate these paranoid fantasies is not a smart move for a President  who wants to remain in power.

That depends. It's a distraction from real stuff about him. He isn't a man to quit without a fight. Even if does get to impeachment time, I wouldn't put it past him to try to incite a civil war. His people have guns. 

I know everyone is saying he's crazy, and I have as well. But maybe he's more EVIL than crazy.

Edited by Jingthing

8 hours ago, webfact said:

"There is no question that there were surveillance techniques used throughout this," Spicer said.

This idiot is guaranteed a job for the next four years. He surely "heels" for his master. Feed him some more Purina dog chow. 

1 minute ago, elgordo38 said:

This idiot is guaranteed a job for the next four years. He surely "heels" for his master. Feed him some more Purina dog chow. 

Who else in their right mind would want that job after they see how Spicer has degraded himself? 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Who else in their right mind would want that job after they see how Spicer has degraded himself? 

We live in desperate times. Trump needs a mouth piece that can dodge anything from questions of truth to maybe flying shoes in the future. Experience is toughening his skin and I am sure he plays mantra tapes under his pillow each night to fall asleep by. The new term "alternate truth" always gives him a way out. 

I heard something yesterday that rings true and scary. It was from Schumer who said something like the big thing he's worried about is if in the public mind the New York Times and alt right troll site Breitbart are widely seen as equally credible media sources.

If that happens, say goodbye to American democracy, the constitution, the rule of law, the whole ball of wax.

It could definitely happen. 

American democracy was much more fragile than most people thought. We didn't think such an evil movement could rise in the USA, we were supposed to better than that. Apparently not. 

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I heard something yesterday that rings true and scary. It was from Schumer who said something like the big thing he's worried about is if in the public mind the New York Times and alt right troll site Breitbart are widely seen as equally credible media sources.

If that happens, say goodbye to American democracy, the constitution, the rule of law, the whole ball of wax.

Actually, it does seem like Trump (or his boss Bannon) is intent upon elevating alt right media to mainstream legitimacy.  This is what I really don't get about Trump.  Does he really believe this stuff he reads in alt right media?  There are certainly disenfranchised (and nutty) people who believes this stuff...but none of them are President of the United States.  This is what's going to be interesting in the coming weeks/months, does the American system really work?  That is, the checks and balances, separation of power, freedom of the press, the Constitution, COMMON SENSE, etc.  If Trump wins, America loses...big time. 

6 hours ago, Silurian said:

Well, not the FBI but British Intelligence...yeah, that's it...British Intelligence. Have to pick someone that Congress can't investigate.

Sean Spicer just suggested that Obama used British intelligence to spy on Trump. Not so much.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/03/16/sean-spicer-just-suggested-that-obama-used-british-intelligence-to-spy-on-trump-not-so-much/?

GCHQ usually don't respond to these stupid allegations but for Trump they have made an exception

“Recent allegations made by media commentator judge Andrew Napolitano about GCHQ being asked to conduct ‘wiretapping’ against the then president-elect are nonsense,” a GCHQ spokesperson said in a statement. “They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored.”

Of course that won't stop Trump spouting his made up rubbish.  How on earth is this man still allowed to be President?

It has now been announced that the White House has said it will no longer continue with it's claims that GCHQ wiretapped Trump and have APOLOGISED! Twice!  It is indefensible just what Trump is saying, he is a disgrace to the American people.

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

It has now been announced that the White House has said it will no longer continue with it's claims that GCHQ wiretapped Trump and have APOLOGISED! Twice!  It is indefensible just what Trump is saying, he is a disgrace to the American people.

I don't know about that. The NSA eavesdropping was a disgrace, and GCHQ were more than just complicit in that episode, yet they got away with a tap on the wrist - with a feather duster.

3 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

I don't know about that. The NSA eavesdropping was a disgrace, and GCHQ were more than just complicit in that episode, yet they got away with a tap on the wrist - with a feather duster.

Yes, it stands to reason that Obama ordered the NSA/CIA/Brits to spy on Trump because....Benghazi!

4 hours ago, dunroaming said:

GCHQ usually don't respond to these stupid allegations but for Trump they have made an exception

“Recent allegations made by media commentator judge Andrew Napolitano about GCHQ being asked to conduct ‘wiretapping’ against the then president-elect are nonsense,” a GCHQ spokesperson said in a statement. “They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored.”

Of course that won't stop Trump spouting his made up rubbish.  How on earth is this man still allowed to be President?

'... a GCHQ spokesperson said in a statement. “They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored.”' This from a representative of the British fount of all honesty and ethics. GCHQ is no more to be trusted than the politicians they serve, or any other politician.

9 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Yes, it stands to reason that Obama ordered the NSA/CIA/Brits to spy on Trump because....Benghazi!

They were caught out spying on foreign leaders. You seriously believe they would think twice about spying on 'local politicians' if they could see some benefit in doing so?

They were caught out spying on foreign leaders. You seriously believe they would think twice about spying on 'local politicians' if they could see some benefit in doing so?

Yes.

sent using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Well spotted!  That is what spy agencies are there for.  Spying on local wannabe politicians? Nah.  Anyway the White House has been in contact with both  GCHQ and Downing Street and have admitted that they had no evidence whatsoever and they were wrong to make the accusations.

19 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I stopped reading many of these US political threads because of the large number of Thaivisa, Sean Hannity wannabes who would come out in force to attack any viewpoints other than that espoused by Fox News.

Where have they all gone?  Is there a "Sorry I got it all wrong" thread where they can distance themselves from the raving loony they helped put in the most important job in the world?

They have gone to the same place where the vocal Junta lovers have gone.But perhaps they are the same people.The remorseless progress of history has a habit of catching up as it did to the Neanderthals.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/17/politics/justice-department-wiretap-congress/index.html

Sources: DOJ report does not confirm Trump's wiretap claim

Two government officials told CNN Friday evening that the classified report the Justice Department delivered to House and Senate investigators does not confirm President Donald Trump's allegations that President Barack Obama wiretapped him during the campaign.

Trump is a fool and a liar.  Sad there's no way to get rid of him.

3 hours ago, kamahele said:

How much is Sean Spicer getting paid in order to stand up in front of the world every day and be a fool? His press briefing the other morning left me speechless.

Spicer reminds me of  Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf,  the Iraqi Minister of Information during the US-led invasion of Iraq.   

15 hours ago, Credo said:

Spicer reminds me of  Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf,  the Iraqi Minister of Information during the US-led invasion of Iraq.   

Also known as comical Ali or Baghdad Bob. LOL  Great comparison.  Gotta love these quotes.  Maybe this is where Trump gets his inspiration from? 

Just found this.  What a hoot.

http://www.wdel.com/blogs/allan-loudell/sean-spicer-muhammad-saeed-al-sahhaf/article_06269ee0-e234-11e6-8972-bf9af6789138.html

Sean Spicer = Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf?

Do you remember Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf?

Perhaps not by formal name, but "Baghdad Bob" became known for his statements on behalf of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and Iraq's Ba'ath Party.  You'll probably remember his daily press briefings in Baghdad during the 2003 Iraq War.  Among his claims:  U.S. soldiers were committing suicide "by the hundreds" outside the Iraqi capital.  And then, famously, his claim that no American tanks had entered Baghdad, when - in reality - they were very close to the place from which he was speaking.

Well, when watching new White House press secretary Sean Spicer over the weekend, and again Monday, it suddenly occurred to me:  This guy risks becoming the Trump Administration's equivalent of Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf, good ole' "Baghdad Bob"!

On 3/18/2017 at 10:27 AM, craigt3365 said:

Trump is a fool and a liar.  Sad there's no way to get rid of him.

Poor, spoilt old Donald Chump wouldn't shake Angela Merkel's hand, shaking his head and refusing to do so when asked. The man is an absolute embarrassment, not to mention being a racist, misogynist and only averagely intelligent and I'm being kind with that remark …………….

Not only that we all know that he is a liar by all that has gone before and this really takes the cake, "even as Donald Trump spoke about ‘buying American and hiring American’, at least eight shipments of Ivanka Trump-branded clothes, shoes and bags (more than 53.5 tonnes) were steaming towards American ports from China".

Seems like there is one rule for the rich and one for the poor which could explain why he wants to cut corporate tax and repeal the Dodd Frank act, which was put in place to oversee financial institutions so that another repeat of the 2008 GFC can't occur through "financial engineering" by Wall Street financial institutions.

He hasn't a clue and he hasn't the brains to be president of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Association let alone of the USA.

What is the world coming to……………..?

Comey Confirms F.B.I. Investigation of Russian Election Interference, Links to Trump Campaign

"The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, publicly confirmed an investigation into Russian interference in the presidential election

and whether associates of the president were in contact with Moscow."

"Mr. Comey also said the F.B.I. had “no information” to support President Trump’s allegation that Barack Obama wiretapped him."

"The F.B.I. is investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible links between the Trump campaign

and the Russian government — and whether there was any coordination, Mr. Comey said."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/us/politics/intelligence-committee-russia-donald-trump.html?_r=0

Excellent news!

Check into this possible treason.

NSA Director Agrees It's 'Ridiculous' To Accuse British Of Helping Wiretap Trump

"NSA Director Adm. Mike Rogers agreed Monday that it was “utterly ridiculous” to allege that his agency's British counterpart, GCHQ, helped former President Barack Obama eavesdrop on Donald Trump during the election."

"The White House has surfaced reports to that effect in the past few weeks in order to back up the President’s unfounded assertion that Obama ordered a wiretap of Trump Tower, leading it to eventually issue a formal apology to the British government."

"Rogers said no such thing occurred, and that “it would be expressly against the construct of the Five Eyes [intelligence] agreement that’s been in place for decades” to ask the United Kingdom to help spy on American civilians."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nsa-director-ridiculous-trump-team-say-british-helped-wiretap-trump

Utterly ridiculous.

As is having this incompetent clown as President.

Edited by iReason

Funny thing I noted in the news: Trump apparently stopped using his unsecured Android phone to send tweets. Now uses an iPhone, people believe this is to increase security.

There is no need to wiretap when there already is a smartphone in the room, right?

Maybe Trump got some advice from Merkel on the matter, lol.

8 hours ago, manarak said:

Funny thing I noted in the news: Trump apparently stopped using his unsecured Android phone to send tweets. Now uses an iPhone, people believe this is to increase security.

There is no need to wiretap when there already is a smartphone in the room, right?

Maybe Trump got some advice from Merkel on the matter, lol.

An iPhone that is made in China. LOL