Police chief says seized war weapons linked to Dhammakaya, red shirts

webfact

together with about 5,000 rounds of ammunition.

One assumes the ammunition might actually work with the weapons? Details.

Given that the military used ~ 100,000 rounds (including 2,500 'sniper' rounds, or at least that was what went "accounted for") in the brief crack-down in 2010, one wonders how long 5,000 rounds might last?

Junta/Military Govt PR Manual Chapter 15: When Things Turn Sour, Bring Out The Assassination Plot.

Yup. One thing that comes from many, many, many, many years of military "governing": experience. The problem is that they rarely update the playbook.

Edited by mtls2005

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

more weapons are expected to be found hidden in unidentified shipping containers near Bangkok

Especially if they have been deliberately planted there - which, of course, they absolutely have not. 

The little men in bangkok will do virtually anything to cling to power, now that their chief reason for maintaining power is gone. They talked on, and on, and on about the need to maintain a smooth transition. Well, that has happened, right? Any now? Are you fools ever going to give up clinging to power? 

22 minutes ago, ThaidaGwaii said:

"He said he had left the country for almost three years and didn’t understand why he was still subjected to injustice and false charges."

That is the way politics and the justice system works in Thailand...

Oh yes....hes a poor Victim.....:clap2:

Something isn't right . I'm sure the redshirt is smart enough not to keep any of the wow around. I'm sure it would be hidden.

Hard to tell but most look like 223 rifles with silencers

Heck I've got better stuff than that. Except for the silencers.

24 minutes ago, Katipo said:

It's all but impossible for us to know what the real truth is in a case like this. Probably somewhere in-between. Again, we'll probably never know.

Truth, what is the truth ?  the truth does not matter in Thailand. Only who can grab the most , the most often.

11 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

Something isn't right . I'm sure the redshirt is smart enough not to keep any of the wow around. I'm sure it would be hidden.

Hard to tell but most look like 223 rifles with silencers

Heck I've got better stuff than that. Except for the silencers.

The Red Shirts kept the arsenal in Ko Tie's house to make it easier for the authority to identify the alleged perpetrators. LOL.:sleepy: 

3 hours ago, phutoie2 said:

Looking at the extensive TV coverage this morning, some very sophisticated bits of kit on display, more likely coming from an Army barracks. RTP have not thought this through at all. 

I don't have a dummy box but do remember the exact same charade being played out on their tv immediately after the coup at a neighbour's house with his equally dummy wife lapping it all up. The question is, can the Thais Be Fooled Again? - (Rolling Stones) 

Edited by dageurreotype

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Mmm, I've heard of police planting a small amount of drugs on somebody to frame them, but this is just going to the extreme !

Are you saying that you believe the weapons are a plant, a set-up, by the authorities?

Edited by scorecard

Connect the dots.  Not hard to imagine he's behind this.

These articles are from 2014. Surely the junta hasn't waited three years to investigate?

Again, the "authorities" have trotted out weapons cache photo ops here since the 1960's - some speculate that they often use the same weapons, but re-arrange them - when they start to feel some pressure. Perhaps some fortune tellers have been giving the 3-P's some "warnings"?

There does seem to be a lot of "activity" within the halls of power over the past few weeks; that is usually a bad sign.

It's Amulet Time.

No rumour's allowed. This is simple the terrorist wing of the red shirt movement are allegedly planning a showdown during Songkran.

How convenient this was discovered just now! Just after the beat-up in Geneva for stealing human rights from the people, there is a need to justify the coup again... And they think the world will buy this. How naive, and utterly stupid is this junta?

10 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

No rumour's allowed. This is simple the terrorist wing of the red shirt movement are allegedly planning a showdown during Songkran.

Haha! Why not on Easter Sunday or New Year's Eve or the birthday of Thaksin or Prayuth? Keep on dreamin!

5 minutes ago, Charlie1 said:

How convenient this was discovered just now! Just after the beat-up in Geneva for stealing human rights from the people, there is a need to justify the coup again... And they think the world will buy this. How naive, and utterly stupid is this junta?

Good reason to delay the election for another 20 years.

13 minutes ago, Charlie1 said:

Haha! Why not on Easter Sunday or New Year's Eve or the birthday of Thaksin or Prayuth? Keep on dreamin!

There is no point in arguing with 'Whoever it was, it was Thaksin'.

7 minutes ago, Blindedbythelight said:

Thailand doesn't hunt ducks. Quack Quack.

Its called an opportune moment. When an "opportunity" like this comes along you throw in a bunch of fingers "pointing" at as many "enemies and threats" as you can dream up. 

Edited by elgordo38

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

the photo of the guns looks like a kitchen table in Texas.

The photo look startlingly similar to another fairly recent "arms find" that was published on TV.  I have looked but can't find.

I would not put it past the BIB to be so lazy as to re-use an old photo.

28 minutes ago, Charlie1 said:

In the junta's eyes Thailand is a world unto itself. As long as the natives go along with it who cares about the rest of the world.