Phuket rain brings slew of motorbike accidents on wet roads

webfact

Phuket rain brings slew of motorbike accidents on wet roads

The Phuket News

1489987804_1-org.jpg

A dashcam records a motorcyclist sliding into the oncoming car as he descends the hill into Karon. Screengrab: Provided by Kathu Police

PHUKET: -- Police are urging motorists to be careful on the roads after sporadic showers across the island over the weekend led to a spate of minor motorcycle accidents, many involving tourists on hills to main tourist beach areas of Patong and Karon.

The warning today follows Kathu Police responding to two Chinese tourists suffering minor injuries after falling from their rented motorbike on Patong Hill on Friday.

“Both Chinese tourists escaped with bruises and scratches, but they were lucky,” Kathu Police Chief Col ML Pattanajak Jakkapan told The Phuket News today (Mar 20).

“We have seen many tourists in motorcycle accidents in my area (Kathu). Some tourists do not even have licenses, and some are riding motorbikes for the first time,” he added.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-rain-brings-slew-of-motorbike-accidents-on-wet-roads-61456.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-03-20

What some "Some tourists do not even have licenses, and some are riding motorbikes for the first time,” he added."  Well, well that will never do will it.  We can not have tourists riding without a license just like 60% of the Thai population can we ? that would never do !! 

Invoke Article 44 and prosecute those wet roads- they are appalling in their behaviour.

The Chinese are abysmal though- I had one stop in front of me in the middle of the road the other day for no reason- lucky he didn't get a Hilux enema.

Prosecuting those renting bikes to people without licences would be a great idea but that's it- just an idea.

Edited by Psimbo

In many countries it rains, it is now as I look outside but here we know how to drive (education/training) even in snow, answer its simple SLOW DOWN YOU BLOO>> IDIOT unless you want to die, or maybe you do to get away from the daily crap that surrounds you.

Edited by wakeupplease

In many countries it rains, it is now as I look outside but here we know how to drive (education/training) even in snow, answer its simple SLOW DOWN YOU BLOO>> IDIOT unless you want to die, or maybe you do to get away from the daily crap that surrounds you.

Slow down? These Chinese are already falling over with their bikes due to a lack of speed.

sent using Tapatalk