What happened to low season ?

balo

On 3/22/2017 at 8:13 PM, Skeptic7 said:

Hasn't been a low season in years. Tourist Traps do not generally suffer that effect. Thailand has become the epitome of a Tourist Trap and stays busy year round. Sux.

100% agree I don't see a low season here.  Why would there be it is warm/hot everyday (which I like) and the rain seems to come just very hard in spurts.  

16 minutes ago, trigpoint said:

Went to food Mart today for bread, about 6 people in there, then for a stroll along Jomtien beach, just a few foreigners there as well, wouldn't call it busy 99% Thai. Surf beach still advertising 590 bht rooms, always used to be 1000 bht, whoever says it's busy here is on another planet.

Sent from my B3-A30 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Second and beach road have been crowded most of the day.  Many tourists/people walking around.  I went to Villa Market which usually is not crowded, and had to wait for several people in line. Jomtien is a do nothing place anyway.  Most people come to central to actually have a life.

Edited by bkk6060

Two more days of sub- 15 minute transits from Beach to the Crocodile farm, multiple parking spots on Beach and Second and no masses wandering across Beach road and no double-parked buses. No tailbacks at Sukhumvit @ Nua at light changes due to loads of buses running the amber and trying to get onto Nua and vice versa. Faster egress from Klang @ Sukhumvit due to more bitumen being laid... and less buses. Made it from Crocodile Farm to Ford on Sukhumvit in 12 minutes for my 1 PM service yesterday.

Pattaya is dead as a maggot.

9 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I had a walk down WS last Sunday around 8 pm expected it to be quiet !!

There were literally hordes of Chinese tour groups following their flag bearers, it was like the opening ceremony to the Olympics !! emoji51.png

Chinese tour groups walking, not stopping to buy.

9 hours ago, 0U812 said:

Walking St packed every night. Countless flag followers along with big numbers of ruskies. 

Who  said the Chinese were gone? Unfortunately they can't stay away from the place 

Russians tourists walking, not stopping to buy.

22 hours ago, sanukjim said:

Low season starts after April until November .High season used to start the last of September but seams to be starting later in the year..I used to measure it as to the price of the golf courses but now the courses seams to want high season prices in May or June even.Cheaper to spend a weekend in China playing there.

Unless you are talking the high end courses here (Siam x 3, Lam Chebang and maybe St Andrews and Burapha) then blatantly not true re prices certainly during the week.

Not sure where you are planning to go in China (Shenzen?) but with flights and accommodation I would be very surprised if it worked out cheaper.

6 hours ago, topt said:

Unless you are talking the high end courses here (Siam x 3, Lam Chebang and maybe St Andrews and Burapha) then blatantly not true re prices certainly during the week.

Not sure where you are planning to go in China (Shenzen?) but with flights and accommodation I would be very surprised if it worked out cheaper.

Very true, a couple of weeks ago I played on a Friday, 1,250 Baht, including buggy and caddy fee.

17 minutes ago, topt said:

Why is that what they want?

Because they don't want people living in Thailand all year round, they dont spend as much as the 2 week tourists.

And some people are unable to work out the 2 week tourists will still come and not care a monkeys that there are long stay expat residents living in Pattaya at the same time they are on holiday.

That is how stupid some people are.

1 hour ago, champers said:

Someone living here for 52 weeks of the year spends less than someone here for just 2 weeks? Complete and utter rubbish.

1 hour ago, topt said:

Why is that what they want?

It certainly appears that's what they want with the long stay visa requirements and the new rules for border runs. It's hard to live here  say for 6-7 months if you're under 50 and cannot get a retirement visa, the whole visa situation in Thailand is ever changing  and shambolic at best. Can't the government work out that a long term visitor spends more than a 10-14 day tourist?

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

Some go back to the U.K. To sign on ,take whatever hand outs are going etc.Then they come back,happy they fiddled the System..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Go back to sign on every 2 weeks?? For 40 odd quid!!! And most benefits have been cut now, , there's no system to fiddle these days.

• 5 months later...