New Car wash - good, inexpensive.

Thailand

On the 121 just after the turn off to North Hill Golf on the way to the Chiangmai / Hod rd.

Between the cement factory and the LPG garage. Free coffee/ wifi, 200 baht for 4x4 inside/outside. Looks like room for more automotive  related in the future.image.thumb.jpeg.054267a74cbb73ea0507f4cd7d2f2e42.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.52073900d9e69d7746963ffa0b07f0ee.jpeg

I quit having someone else wash my car years ago. It seems like no matter where I went they always added another scratch or two. No respect for others' property when you're only making a few hundred baht a day. Paying more than a million baht for a car I'll just make do, get the exercise, and wash it myself....

It seems like no matter where I went they always added another scratch or two. 

How did that happen? Soap, spray, towel dry....

I have never had any problems like this. I usually go to the car wash at Ruamchok Market (now "Mall"). 

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

How did that happen? Soap, spray, towel dry....

I have never had any problems like this. I usually go to the car wash at Ruamchok Market (now "Mall"). 

Not sure how but my guess is accidentally whacking it with the spray wand or perhaps dragging the vacuum around and hitting up against the car. On one occasion I actually had them crack the case surrounding one of the side mirrors. When I pointed it out to them before leaving (as I tend to do a thorough visual before paying them) they tried to tell me it was like that when they started. I didn't argue with them and paid them the measly 200 baht vowing to not return. It cost me nearly 3k baht to get the mirror replaced. 

Normally I always cleaned my car myself and only occasionally would take it some place to have cleaned. So cleaning it myself (once a week) I knew where every little scratch, mark, rock pit chip, etc. is on my car....

21 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Not sure how but my guess is accidentally whacking it with the spray wand or perhaps dragging the vacuum around and hitting up against the car. On one occasion I actually had them crack the case surrounding one of the side mirrors. When I pointed it out to them before leaving (as I tend to do a thorough visual before paying them) they tried to tell me it was like that when they started. I didn't argue with them and paid them the measly 200 baht vowing to not return. It cost me nearly 3k baht to get the mirror replaced. 

Normally I always cleaned my car myself and only occasionally would take it some place to have cleaned. So cleaning it myself (once a week) I knew where every little scratch, mark, rock pit chip, etc. is on my car....

I take the Isuzu to a car wash near home, it's a working vehicle so an odd extra scratch wouldn't matter. When I saw they could deal with that without damage they got the other cars to deal with, but I always wash the Lotus myself.

1 hour ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Free coffee or Nescafe?   Is there an air conditioned waiting room?

I ask because 200 Baht doesn't sound particularly cheap and especially not when having to go all the way out there..

As I said, free coffee and wifi plus air conditioning. 

But it was posted with location as it would be of use to those living relatively close but not in general as there are other car washes in other places etc.

it was posted simply for information related to area.

The one on 108 at the LPG station south of Samoeng Rd is 180B for suv inside, vac, outside....

A/C & wifi....They have water available - not sure about coffee as I don't drink it....

Have used them for 2 suv's for a few years & no drama or problems....Don't think I've ever encountered another farang there....Usually a few Thais in the waiting room....