Five dead, at least 40 injured in UK parliament 'terrorist' attack

webfact

4 hours ago, 7by7 said:

No.

Rochdale imam 'murdered by Isil supporters for practising black magic'

A more detailed report:  Jalal Uddin murder: Why did a Muslim student help kill an imam?

Not that this excuses or condones the murder in any way.

The reports in the local newspapers before the perps were arrested contained quotes from members of Jalal Uddin's community, who were keen to emphasise that he held moderate views and argued against radicalisation. But you're right that the murder motive identified was his particular brand of Islam.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, vogie said:

As far as I know both parties read the kuran and can you say with your hand on your heart that the book is not contraversial to say the least. Do you honestly think that anyone who reads the said book is of right mind and body?

The Koran is no more or less controversial than the bible, fundamentalists have always twisted both books to their advantage. Im an atheist so not the best person to comment on the mind set of any theist.

Do you think Young Earth Creationists or Fundamentalist evangelical bible thumpers are of sound mind and body ?

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Some police officers on duty at the Palace of Westminster are routinely armed; others are not.

Stock photo of armed officers at the palace of Westminster.

London , Palace of Westminster or Houses of Parliament , 3 or three armed policemen Metropolitan Police Officers - Stock Image

Obviously, as Massod was shot almost immediately after stabbing  P.C. Palmer, there must have been an armed officer very near.

The attack is still being investigated, so any further conjecture on the exact details is pointless until that investigation is completed.

I presume the reason they were not armed at Carriage gate which is used by MP's is some MP's do not like armed police asking for ID.:sad:

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I presume the reason they were not armed at Carriage gate which is used by MP's is some MP's do not like armed police asking for ID.:sad:

I don't know about yesterday, but I do remember that the last time I was passing by, about a year ago, there were armed officers on the Carriage Gate.

But as I said, we don't know exactly what happened, so there is no point in speculating.

Just now, 7by7 said:

I don't know about yesterday, but I do remember that the last time I was passing by, about a year ago, there were armed officers on the Carriage Gate.

But as I said, we don't know exactly what happened, so there is no point in speculating.

What I am trying to say is they should have been armed, particularly when on heightened alert (Threat Level Server, an attack is highly likely).

3 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

Yes, an utter disgrace that the liberals on the Rotherham council are responsible for.

1400 young teenage girls suffered rape and abuse by Muslim minorities. This was due to the local authority refusing to apportion blame solely on them being Muslim.

It proves that even today, crimes by ethnic minorities are being hidden from the UK public and criminals are being let off free due to their religion!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

This is unfortunately true and a disgrace , I would have liked to have seen prosecutions against those who covered up these crimes. But across the country a pattern emerged , a huge majority of the groomers were from  particular regions of Pakistan .

Do I think these particular groups had a cultural belief that is at odds with our values , yes. Do I think these groups played the race card and exploited the naivety of local authorities , yes. Do I think all Muslims worldwide think and act the same , no.

18 hours ago, houlicha said:

Plenty of great information in these articles. Would have been nice if they ended one with something like: "The attacker was identified as ........, originally from ........ and now a citizen of ......... Investigators have interviewed relatives and acquaintences and believe his motive for these murders is most likely ........."

The attacker was British born, Many of the victims were Foreigners. Radicalisation of anyone can occur and they turn their grudge against Society into such a craven act of murder. Whatever the Attackers motivations or beliefs it is just an act of murder

23 hours ago, USPatriot said:

Thank your government and being nice. Is it worth it to be nice and have born citizens mowed down.

FYI the terrorist was a borned citizen ,  most of them are! 

I was going through my emails when all of a sudden some little box appeared in the lower right hand corner of my screen. Apparently Facebook has a feature that lets people know "I'm safe". My daughter sent me that this morning, from London. What a <deleted> up world we live in, that anyone should need an "I'm Safe" feature.

Edited by lannarebirth

4 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

Seems that ISIS is more concerned with fighting other Muslims (Shia and non-Sharia progressives). In any case, ISIS's existence is just another consequence of Islam's crisis of identity as a result of the thorn in the flesh at its root (Israel), which is tantamount to a massive loss of face. Muslims worldwide are displaying signs of low self-esteem and their extremist elements (there are always some) are simply directing some of their bitterness at those nations to whom they feel culturally inferior. Their terrorism exploits against the west is in that sense a pathetic kind of self-aggrandisement.

The only real practical solution to mitigate Islamic terrorism is independence for Palestine. Make no mistake, until that happens, these attacks against the west will keep happening (whether it's by ISIS or Al Qaeda or the next group that will come along).

Is not the self claimed primary aim of ISIS to accelerate the apocalyptic Sunni Islamic vision for the End of Times. In the meantime the overthrow of the corrupt M.E. dictatorships to install the mid 18th century Salafi version of Islam re-established by the original political thinker which led to the creation of al Qaeda.

7 hours ago, petermik said:

I have come into this debate rather late so forgive me if my views have been put forward before by another contributer.

Personally I would hold to account  the close family of any terrorist committing atrocities in the UK either by a long prison sentence or at the very least deportation. The "doo gooders" which blight our country must be ignored it is time to start acting tough.

If the UK government states that any  close family  living in the UK  of a terrorist commiting such an act then they themselves will be held responsible,harsh maybe and some of the more radicalised will ignore it anyhow but if it saves the lives of a few people and makes the less radicalised think twice then it is worth it.

R.I. P. to the innocent people and their families that are suffering now.

:wai:

So you want to deport Brits. To where please?

And close family?

10 hours ago, Grouse said:

Maybe the Yorkshiremen on here should organise an outing? Just a thought!

Whilst honourable how about the good Yorkshire Muslims who are not radicals or extremists. If there are any. How about them putting their country first (if they are truly British) before their religion and getting rid of this cancerous scum.

18 hours ago, Grouse said:

So what measures would you put in place that would remove the risk of loan wolf attacks?

Now as is well known, I am anti Muslim. But I wouldn't advocate anything too drastic. I would ban halal meat, ban religeous dress in public, ban faith schools, ban Islamic architecture such as minerettes, limit family size to 2 kids by fiscal policy etc etc. Maybe this could initiate a net emigration?

Financially assisted repatriation would be a success and money well spent . Multi cultural societies are not natural e.g. birds of a feather flock together ( in most cases ) . Another example , India playing cricket against England , with 2nd & 3rd generation Indians cheering on India and mocking the English vehemently .   Many have no intention of integration but just to milk the civilized chosen country of as many benefits as possible and continue to live with their traditions and cultures in a foreign land . 

Prime Minister Theresa May appeared outside No.10 to deliver what was no doubt a pre-prepared statement that was most likely written shortly after the last atrocity in readiness for this one. Apart from praising first responders it was a couple of minutes of meaningless drivel read from a sheet of paper and delivered with the fake sincerity we’ve come to expect from politicians.

If only our political leaders had the guts to do their jobs properly. They do not lead, they concede.

6 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

The Koran is no more or less controversial than the bible, fundamentalists have always twisted both books to their advantage. Im an atheist so not the best person to comment on the mind set of any theist.

Do you think Young Earth Creationists or Fundamentalist evangelical bible thumpers are of sound mind and body ?

I too am an athiest and I don't give a jot about any religeous B/S. I have read snippets from the kuran and if you don't think it's any worse from the other mickey mouse books you have mentioned, you are deluded. I would read the part about the Kafir (non believer) and 'be afraid, be very afraid' 

19 minutes ago, stander said:

Prime Minister Theresa May appeared outside No.10 to deliver what was no doubt a pre-prepared statement that was most likely written shortly after the last atrocity in readiness for this one. Apart from praising first responders it was a couple of minutes of meaningless drivel read from a sheet of paper and delivered with the fake sincerity we’ve come to expect from politicians.

If only our political leaders had the guts to do their jobs properly. They do not lead, they concede.

The text of May's speech is provided below & ends with the words...

"never allowing the voices of hate and evil to drive us apart"

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/03/theresa-mays-speech-westminster-terror-attack

The final phrase address exactly what you & a number of others on this forum do with your constant stream of negativity and divisive commentary.

Media reports are now claiming the murderer as English born Adrian Elms, who converted to Islam.

Edited by simple1

The terrorist who killed three people and injured 29 others in Westminster, London, on Wednesday was a married man living with his family in an inner city suburb of Birmingham, police said.

The attacker, identified by police as Khalid Masood, born in Kent, was also a violent criminal convicted of multiple offences spanning 20 years, said Scotland Yard.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/23/birmingham-neighbour-khalid-masood-winson-green

He was one of the "integrated" ones.  Let that sink in.

Edited by stander

10 hours ago, petermik said:

I have come into this debate rather late so forgive me if my views have been put forward before by another contributer.

Personally I would hold to account  the close family of any terrorist committing atrocities in the UK either by a long prison sentence or at the very least deportation. The "doo gooders" which blight our country must be ignored it is time to start acting tough.

If the UK government states that any  close family  living in the UK  of a terrorist commiting such an act then they themselves will be held responsible,harsh maybe and some of the more radicalised will ignore it anyhow but if it saves the lives of a few people and makes the less radicalised think twice then it is worth it.

R.I. P. to the innocent people and their families that are suffering now.

:wai:

Quite apart from the fact that he was 50 odd, latest news indicates that he was born into a non-moslem family and converted to Islam, thereafter changing his name from Adrian Elms (his given name).

Do you still think his close family should be held responsible for his actions?

Edited by dick dasterdly

18 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Agree but when you have a religion that won't allow criticism or even telling the truth about the 'chosen one'. Just look at what happened to those who put cartoons of various religious people in a magazine. They were butchered. The likelihood of them marching over Westminster Bridge in disgust is highly improbable.

Worse odds than highly improbably LG.......IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!

The problem western governments face is that they now have us over a barrel.   Soft c*** leaders say they can't go hard on muslims because that's where a lot of intelligence on the radicals' activities come from, and that stream may dry up.  I doubt that there is any useful information coming from muslims about muslims.

When an event such as this occurs, and there has been no information forthcoming beforehand, they just say that they didn't know about it.  So we go soft, and they still give no information.   Western governments are stupid.

11 hours ago, leeroy221 said:

I see people caring and treating an injured victim whilst a lady walks past in a headscarf paying more attention to her mobile. You work it out.

...holding her cheek in gesture of horror and grief, probably trying to contact her family, as they know, she was in the area and you have no idea, what she is doing and where she is walking exactly AND you don't see more than a 5 meter space and there might be a lot more people, basically doing the same as she does, looking the same as she does...minus the headscarf...

16 hours ago, Rajab Al Zarahni said:

He was 52 years old ! Do you not think he should be held accountable for his own actions ?

Would you think it appropriate for members of your family to be punished for your wrongdoings ?

Yes absolutely,guilt by association,no matter what age these "nutters" are they should be made aware that their actions carry consequences,they may relish dying and going to the land of virgins :whistling: but they may leave close relatives who will suffer for their deeds.Harsh maybe but if it saves a few innocent lives it is worth it,its time the UK took its kid gloves off...........I was a young man when Enoch Powell made that "speech" we all knew exactly what he meant....and agreed with him.... yet our leaders chose to ignore it.