PM Prayut confirms Thai Navy to get three Chinese submarines

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM Prayut confirms Thai Navy to get three Chinese submarines

The Submarines and the story come with English "sub" titles as Chinese language just confuses the whole affair and creates loads of misunderstandings for sure...lol

Wonder how many poor innocent Thai submariners will die before the Subs are deemed out of action due to lack of maintenance . As others have said 2 subs and a suitable vessel to extract crew when submerged and trapped would be more beneficial . Also how long will it be fir they canabalise one for parts for the others . 

It will be no problem though as the illustrious leader will comment its fine as we got one free ,,, !!! 

But the government had to pay for only two and the third one was “a free gift”, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha revealed at his weekly press briefing yesterday.

Someone tell him that ALL gifts are free.

Joke aside. Of course it isn't buy one get one free.

The third submarine will be paid for somehow. Maybe maintenance costs or some other hidden expense.

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

I see, how does that work? Do they have oxygentanks to burn the diesel and another tank to store exhaust gases??

They don't blow bubbles i assume?

My guess would be and it is a guess, electric motors while submerged, diesel engines while on the surface

That is what appeared to happen in the war films I have seen, silent running would be difficult with a V8 going hell for leather

Bubbles only when they sink, and that is not the same as diving I do believe

8 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Im sure they will come with a warranty of " until you take possession"

No way.

They will have a 12 m warranty.

(m stands for meter not for month)

LOS: Land of Submarines

or will it be
LOSS: Land of Sunken Submarines ???
LOSS of money, that's for sure.

At least they can laugh at Lao. We have submarines, you don't.... :cheesy:

Edited by FredNL

1 hour ago, oldlakey said:

My guess would be and it is a guess, electric motors while submerged, diesel engines while on the surface

That is what appeared to happen in the war films I have seen, silent running would be difficult with a V8 going hell for leather

Bubbles only when they sink, and that is not the same as diving I do believe

So everything works on the batteries....they must be huge i guess. So this sub has a short traveldistance underwater and has to come up all the time like a boat. hmmm

23 minutes ago, fruitman said:

So everything works on the batteries....they must be huge i guess. So this sub has a short traveldistance underwater and has to come up all the time like a boat. hmmm

Yes,I Think they use 2 AA Duracell ultras ,they last for ages.

regards worgeordie

6 hours ago, FredNL said:

No way.

They will have a 12 m warranty.

(m stands for meter not for month)

LOS: Land of Submarines

or will it be
LOSS: Land of Sunken Submarines ???
LOSS of money, that's for sure.

At least they can laugh at Lao. We have submarines, you don't.... :cheesy:

I'd be checking the fine print to make sure "m" wasnt minute. More likely they will be mothballed and the warranty wont matter.

I am sure a few pt type boats would be more use to thailand . They have torpedos and are fast and manouvreable and would be perfect for the gulf of thailand esp for illegal fishing etc.
 Dont know how many you could buy for  bt3.6 billion but a few i think . Be a lot more use than a few cheap submarines and easier to drive and maitain . I would not go underwater with a thai crew and thai maintainance  thats for sure

Edited by dazzz
spelling

According to an ex Qantas employee Australia gets a "discount" on certain military hardware when we buy airliners from Boeing. So it's Boeing that influences our choices, not any rational thinking.

A while ago Australia did a deal for Euro copters. Did our military want them? No, the military were very happy with the Blackhawks that did the job and we can make parts for. But some politicians wanted to win some votes in Queensland so decided to spend some military money there (plus the pollies get 1-3% kickback on big spends, that from a defence contractor).

Then the govt. looked around for what they should buy that was "appropriate for QLD. They only found a big helicopter business, so they bought it and decided on choppers. The US was getting out of new attack choppers after finding out, again, what a single guy with a cheap missile could do. So we went to Europe. But to keep the US happy, we paid them to put the choppers together, even though we have a workforce already experienced with building things like blackhawks.

Now we are spending a couple of hundred billion on F-35's after supplying engineers for more than 4 yrs to try to fix them. That price to be paid by 11million workers (many without full time work). Why? Because yet another short range fighter is just right for a large chunk of land a long way from anything.

But that wasn't enough to bankrupt us quickly enough, so we are spending another obscene amount of money on, wait for it, SUBMARINES!!!

Conspiracy theory warning :)

Part of Germany lending money to Greece a while back was forcing Greece to buy some Submarines. So now we have Thailand, Greece and Australia that I know of with subs that they don't need and lack of finances to pay for them.

The USA is/has built hunter killer drones to kill other nations subs. So are the poor nations being made to buy up products of a "dying" industry?

And bonus for the banking cartel because we all have to borrow to pay for them?

:)

17 hours ago, fruitman said:

I honestly cant help you with this as I am fresh out of guesses