Do many Thais hate us, because they feel we've much more than them?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In serious need of therapy?? In any case thinking is allowed because I don't mind and if they choose to be arsey then they don't matter. Like me or loath me life goes on! The only person I don't cross is her who should be obeyed!

On 3/26/2017 at 1:39 PM, billd766 said:

Where did you get that pearl of wisdom from?

Not true at all.

SOME Thais may not pay you back as SOME farangs will not pay you back

I have never been asked to lend anyone money during my 62 years I lived in England, but in my first 5 years here (before I came to my senses) I lent 7 "friends' and relatives of my Thai wife sums ranging from 4000 baht to 173000 bahts (interest-free) for reasons which sounded good at the time but I only ever received the 4000 baht loan back.

20 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

I have never been asked to lend anyone money during my 62 years I lived in England, but in my first 5 years here (before I came to my senses) I lent 7 "friends' and relatives of my Thai wife sums ranging from 4000 baht to 173000 bahts (interest-free) for reasons which sounded good at the time but I only ever received the 4000 baht loan back.

They saw you coming

25 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Think it time you had word with the Mrs............

I have never lent money to any Thai but I have GIVEN money to deserving people with no strings attached. It's simpler that way.

Many Thais have legitimate problems that relatives and friends can't help them with. If I can help without hurting my own lifestyle, I usually do. :stoner:

I don't know about up country,  but in Pattaya area with obvious  exceptions of Thai ladies there is not much integration with the locals. In fact there is obvious segregation and ignoring. Mok199 told me (on the beach) that Thais hate to be ignored... 

No i dont think they hate us at all  Have you ever seen Thai people saying hello to each other when they are out walking ? No In Aus they always say hello when walking Thai people dont have any manners Like thank you How was your Day? Anywonder they are like that because they are not taught manners at school at all

No i dont think they hate us at all  Have you ever seen Thai people saying hello to each other when they are out walking ? No In Aus they always say hello when walking Thai people dont have any manners Like thank you How was your Day? Anywonder they are like that because they are not taught manners at school at all

They're taught manners day in day out at school. It revolves around the wai, humility and terms of endearment. Greetings are about how are you, where are you going and have you eaten yet. Manners are different to the west but extremely important in Thai culture.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

OK, I would say in general that Thais dislike foreigners and foreigners dislike Thais. 

I don't find it that way, there will always be a small number of thais that don't like farangs and vice versa.

I've seen both sides of this and don't let it upset me apart from one local trying to pin a tail on my wife.

16 minutes ago, Covertjay said:

They're taught manners day in day out at school. It revolves around the wai, humility and terms of endearment. Greetings are about how are you, where are you going and have you eaten yet. Manners are different to the west but extremely important in Thai culture.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sort of.......With family and friends or meeting someone new yes, but folk they don't know there is a different attitude. That's why Thai road behaviour is abysmal, or Tesco checkouts even...

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

I dont think Im the only one struggling with this convoluted reply. So you imagine Thais do not say hello to other Thais and therefor they do not dislike foreigners ??. And by the way saying or not saying hello is not even on my manners list. How about the way they drive ??. They dont stop for pedestrians in crosswalks, for Thais or foreigners . 

33 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

I don't find it that way, there will always be a small number of thais that don't like farangs and vice versa.

I've seen both sides of this and don't let it upset me apart from one local trying to pin a tail on my wife.

Visit a socially accelerated place like Pattaya and you will see what im referring to.

Edited by morrobay

5 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Visit a socially accelerated place like Pattaya and you will see what im referring to.

I went to Patts once and straight away noticed the difference in "acceptance" from where I live. So my thoughts were that farang holiday folk still have their homeland attitude in LOS which Thai folk can read. Of course they didn't know I have lived up country for years, to them just another tourist...

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

You're kidding right? A lot of western kids are extremely rude and terrible students.

Out walking where?

OK, I would say in general that Thais dislike foreigners and foreigners dislike Thais. 

People often dislike people simple as that. Better to not focus on it. Life goes on and more people to dislike in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk