Possible Venues For Tv Piss-ups!

britmaveric

Really enjoyed the company but I felt the venue was too crowded but for me it was a good night. Thank you all

To be fair, the only reason it was so crowded was that we clashed with their quiz night.

In the circumstances I think they did pretty well.

I reckon on a non- quiz night, it would be absolutely fine.

Also, many of us feel that it would make more sensse to have these pissups on a night other than Fridays. The venues will be more willing to service our needs, and transport and parking would be much easier.

How about a Wednesday or a Thursday? :o

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice to finally meet you all last night, shame it was a bloody quiz night though, personaly i like the bar, good food, good value but for a TV piss up i think its probably a bit out of the way also seating will be a problem.

BB

P.S. that PATTAYAPUNTER is a bit of a dodgy bloke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said a while back, TV folks will vote with thier feet and last nights little get together was a good indiction by folks that the Caddy Shack is a great venue, out of town easy to park, great food! Not too noisy. I suspect that the party animals amongst us will go there own way and maybe do regular "piss ups" on their own amid the walking street hussle and bustle.

But for those that came last night to the Caddy Shack was a thoroughly enjoyable evening where people could circulate and put faces to names. Another nice touch was all the Mrs. TV' ers found their own table and had a great time eating Thai food and discussing us.

Attached is a picture of my roast beef and yorkshire pudding which I have to say was great!!! :o

post-22250-1169868532_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rimmer

Here's my wrap-up of last night's recon at the Caddy Shack:

Nice turn out again, even more people came than last time looks like our recons become popular events in their own right! The girls occupied their own table chatting the night away and it seemed that everybody enjoed it.

Accessibility: Tepprasit Soi 8, or Soi whateveritwas coming from South Pattaya Road. Parking is ok, if they hadn't had their quiz night it would have been sufficient.

Members: No idea whether or not the owner is realted to TV.

Facilities: Pool tables, enough space to host the TV crowd Unless there's the quiz night...)

Atmosphere: British Pub with very comfortable seating.

Food: Tried the Fish and Chips and they were ok. Nothing to write home about, but good value for money.

Summarizing, I see here a strong contender to Tropical Bert's, whereas Bert has still the better location.

Like I said a while back, TV folks will vote with thier feet and last nights little get together was a good indiction by folks that the Caddy Shack is a great venue, out of town easy to park, great food! Not too noisy. I suspect that the party animals amongst us will go there own way and maybe do regular "piss ups" on their own amid the walking street hussle and bustle.

But for those that came last night to the Caddy Shack was a thoroughly enjoyable evening where people could circulate and put faces to names. Another nice touch was all the Mrs. TV' ers found their own table and had a great time eating Thai food and discussing us.

Attached is a picture of my roast beef and yorkshire pudding which I have to say was great!!! :D

did you ask the roast beef if you could post its pic? :o

Liked the place as well. Had a good dinner also (although Rimmer seemed to think I ate breakfast!)...

It was a bit noisy, mainly due to the quiz, with the questions being blasted through the PA.

I think the landlord and his staff were accommodating as well, trying to arrange extra seating for us and apologizing that the food ordered might take a while to arrive due to the place being packed and pretty much everybody ordering food simultaneously!

If the roast beef has any objections it is free to contact admin or a moderator by means of PM :D

I think the landlord and his staff were accommodating as well, trying to arrange extra seating for us and apologizing that the food ordered might take a while to arrive due to the place being packed and pretty much everybody ordering food simultaneously!

It was a great turn out too with around 16-20 turning up

Attached is a picture of my roast beef and yorkshire pudding which I have to say was great!!! :D

Yep everthing above board, asked, approved, signed in triplicate submitted to kichen staff, countersigned by management and finally eaten by me :D

It was good to see you all last night, the regulars and some new faces and thanks for the warm wishes for our trip to Udon.

The Cadddyshack is a very nice pub, a good size I'd say there was 50+ seated, a very cosy local feel to it.

The staff we're great, very friendly and helpful.

Everybody looked to be enjoying the food.

The location, although midway between Patters and Jomtien, is not ideal for some, but suited others.

8/10. :o

Hopefully I will have caught up with Davethailand by then and paid the ransom on my tea and biscuits. :D

Blimey Robbo, at this rate I 'll be bringing over another box of Tea & Biscuits to supplement the one you havn't got, Udon , well a bit of a trek but I reckon I could make it. :D

Good Luck

Moss

I finally liberated them last night. Cheers Moss.

And good luck to you too mate. :o

post-35984-1169890058_thumb.jpg

Attached is a picture of my roast beef and yorkshire pudding which I have to say was great!!! :o

certainly looks good.........just waiting for the gravy :D

Accessibility: Tepprasit Soi 8, or Soi 17 coming from South Pattaya Road. Parking is ok, dangerous being just around the corner from home tho, quiet like the place.

Members: unsure

Facilities: pool tables. good AC, good parking, not much in the way of public transport tho.

Atmosphere: comfotable with good atmosphere, easy to talk with music at good level.

Food: Had the burger and fries which were great value at just over 100 baht.

Summary: in the top two now with Berts as #1 still, will definately go back again tho :o

just thought of another bar that would be suitable in every way apart from location, the Elephant bar, next to cabbage and condoms, big bar, good food, good prices, pool table even has a philipino band some nights which are supposed to be good but never having heard them personaly can't comment. Oe thing though is that there is no where else to really go round there, apart from the tsunami bar on the beach, which would be a good venue in itself right on the beach, open 24/7 , the only bar in pattaya/jomtien like you feel you are on an island. well worth checking out both bars if you've never been before.

Where is the drunken duck????????????

BB

yes the elephant bar does look good, went there yesterday but havent tried the drink or food, parking is good, maybe it might be better to try rather than DD

yes the elephant bar does look good, went there yesterday but havent tried the drink or food, parking is good, maybe it might be better to try rather than DD

I think that was anyways agreed upon that the Elephant bar is next on Feb 9...? Or did I get something wrong?? :o

I think that was anyways agreed upon that the Elephant bar is next on Feb 9...? Or did I get something wrong?? :o

well i seem to remember that too now, but some folks objected to DD due to lack of parking, so where are we at lets vote!

Sorry for the late response….

I just blew back in with the pissmobile from a pissup in Surin.

Nice to see that being a pisshead is not unique to Pattaya!

Accessibility: A huge vacant lot across the street from the Caddyshack. There were only 3 cars including mine that were parked there…the rest were parked on the side streets. So in my opinion, parking is not a issue, nor is getting there.

Members: Didn’t meet the manager and I don’t know if he is a team member.

Facilities: Pool tables, tv’s etc. Everything you would expect from a class place. Very nicely laid out and I would assume if the management of TV were to select The Caddyshack, they would probably give us the whole topside.

Atmosphere: We happened to hit them on a trivia night and I don’t recall hearing music. But they have a good sound system.

Food: I didn’t eat, so I’ll have to defer to those who did.

Overall, I liked it. To me, one of the things that stood out was the excellent service.

My choice is still Bert’s…but only because of its central location.

Does anyone know if the Caddyshack manager/s are TV members?

is anything planned for this friday?

Drunken duck was the target but there seems to be a lack of interest in this one or am i wrong?

I htink the consensus was Elephant bar in two weeks...however, I have no objections to do an inofficial recon at the Drunken Duck this Friday.

We could do daily recons.... :o

is anything planned for this friday?

Drunken duck was the target but there seems to be a lack of interest in this one or am i wrong?

I htink the consensus was Elephant bar in two weeks...however, I have no objections to do an inofficial recon at the Drunken Duck this Friday.

We could do daily recons.... :o

why not start 7pm friday at sukhumvit rd end of naklua and just our way south till we get to jomtien soi 19

I have talked to the manager since, he was delighted with the publicity on TV but he had never accessed the site till last Sunday evening when I spoke to him.

Please accept my apologies for the Elephant bar. I don't use Motorbikes and found that the walk up the hill and then down the long road to the Elephant bar was too much for me I certainly could not manage it at night.

Not a reason for skipping the recon! If you need a ride, just let me know!

The recon committee just decided an extraordinary recon this coming Friday (2nd) in the Drunken Duck wherevertheheck the place is (Soi Diana or something).

Any TV members with their g/fs, b/fs, spouses etc are wecome to join!

cheers

raro

Drunken Duck -- Where is it? I could not see it and I walked all the way up Soi Diana Inn this morning

Here you go...

http://www.thedrunkenduck.org/THE-LOCATION-MAP

(thanks Brit!)

7pm tomorrow night.....Friday, 2 February.

All TV members are cordially invited to meet and greet fellow members, to evaluate the facilities and to post their observations to the TV management for future pissup consideration.

Edited by Buckwheat

Somewhere (anywhere) outdoors so we don't have to breathe 2nd hand smoke :D

Phil, I take it you are one of those reformed smokers, who keeps waving the air around you when people smoke, pulling faces. We could always have a beach party. Neutral ground ? :o