Visa Extension

Hi,

My fiancee's tourist visa expires on Wedn 5th May. We would like to extend that for another 30 days. The question is, we can only do it on 6th May as Immigration Office will be closed on 5th May due to public holiday and my girlfriend is in Koh Chang until 5th May. Will application for extension one day after expiery of original visa lead to automatic rejection?

To complicate things further, we are getting married in Swedish Embassy on Friday, to Swedish law (she is Swedish).

Any advice/story of previous experience would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hi,

My fiancee's tourist visa expires on Wedn 5th May. We would like to extend that for another 30 days. The question is, we can only do it on 6th May as Immigration Office will be closed on 5th May due to public holiday and my girlfriend is in Koh Chang until 5th May. Will application for extension one day after expiery of original visa lead to automatic rejection?

To complicate things further, we are getting married in Swedish Embassy on Friday, to Swedish law (she is Swedish).

Any advice/story of previous experience would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

You'll be battling to extend an expired visa. Are we talking about a 60 day proper visa obtained outside Thailand ? Because if you are talking about a 30 day permit on arrival, that isn't extendable by another 30 days. You will usually get 10 days. She needs to head for Bangkok now.

You'll be battling to extend an expired visa. Are we talking about a 60 day proper visa obtained outside Thailand ? Because if you are talking about a 30 day permit on arrival, that isn't extendable by another 30 days. You will usually get 10 days. She needs to head for Bangkok now.

Thanks for the response.

Yes, it's a 60 day tourist visa obtained from Singapore.

I am located in Pattaya / Sri Racha so was thinking of asking for an extension in Sri Racha immigration office. Or does it have to be Bangkok?? Could you let me know

I think I will be picking her up today from Koh Chang and extending the visa tomorrow. Panic ......

Many thanks,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, it's a 60 day tourist visa obtained from Singapore.

I am located in Pattaya / Sri Racha so was thinking of asking for an extension in Sri Racha immigration office. Or does it have to be Bangkok?? Could you let me know

I think I will be picking her up today from Koh Chang and extending the visa tomorrow. Panic ......

Many thanks,

Dress nicely and tell 'em all about the forthcoming wedding. You'll be fine and you can do it at any Immigration office. Good luck and happy wedding :o