Red Bull heir wanted for killing police officer in 2012 Ferrari wreck due in court tomorrow

webfact

Red Bull heir wanted for killing police officer in 2012 Ferrari wreck due in court tomorrow

By Coconuts Bangkok

co.jpg

Policemen examine a damaged Ferrari at the Yoovidhaya home in Bangkok. Photo: Reuters

BANGKOK: -- Vorayudh “Boss” Yoovidhya, the Red Bull heir who is wanted on charges of killing a motorcycle policeman in a 2012 car wreck and fleeing the crime scene, is due in the prosecutor’s office tomorrow.

The case has met delay after delay in the five years since the bloody wreck in which Vorayudh, 31, allegedly dragged Pol. Sen. Sgt. Maj. Wichean Glanprasert, a patrol chief at Thong Lor station, along Sukhumvit Road in his Ferrari on Sept. 3, 2012, before leaving the officer for dead.

When police found the suspect just hours later, he was allegedly drunk, which led many to believe it was a drunken hit-and-run as opposed to a sober one.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/red-bull-heir-wanted-killing-police-officer-2012-ferrari-wreck-due-court-tomorrow/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-03-29

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Apparently he is due to appear via video line hook up from the Bahamas .....:shock1:

Well you wouldn't really expect him to be slumming with the plebs,  would you? 

32 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Apparently he is due to appear via video line hook up from the Bahamas .....:shock1:

Guess he made it back from Melbourne after Verstappen's (Red Bull) 5th place disappointment at F1 season opener.

Even if he does show up, the odds are that he will continue to walk away as if nothing happened. We can complain as much as we want but the truth is that this guy will never know what real justice is.

If, by chance, justice is served #30 will be my lottery pick for this coming lottery.

Edited by ezflip

Well it is good to know that it hasn't been swept under the carpet. In pre internet days this would have been IMO.

Hopefully the cops will get on to the two merc drivers who have killed four people now and stop messing around.

But I am not holding my breath. THe police take a long time to figure out these cases where the guilty parties have money.  Shameless.

He doesn't want to go because he will lose face, you know, its a Thai thing.

On a more serious note, if they were serious they would have put out an international arrest warrant instead of showing what a total disrespect they have for their own police force, almost as good as comedy kapers.

Image result for picture of comedy kapers

This man has to go to Jail! End of story.

If our loveable, though intellectually challenged PM wants any credibility whatsoever,  Yoovidhaya  must receive the same time in jail as the common man would.

Failure to do so, will provide ample proof of this "Governments" true credentials. Loyal to the rich and elite who don't rock the boat and all together in the rich folks club.

4 hours ago, ezflip said:

Even if he does show up, the odds are that he will continue to walk away as if nothing happened. We can complain as much as we want but the truth is that this guy will never know what real justice is.

If, by chance, justice is served #30 will be my lottery pick for this coming lottery.

This is exactly what will happen IF he shows up.

He's above the law and he knows it.

I remember reading that the cop that got hit was stuck to the car's hood so he swerved back and forth to get him off.  Drunk and coked up.  Told the gardener to say he was the one driving, but the cops wouldn't have it.  Then was immediately allowed to go to Hong Kong for 'medical treatment'.

Another clear case of harassment for this poor young fellow. Hope he has Sutheps defence team. By the time the matter is ready they will be out of time. Has the money gone over to the policeman's family? or are they waiting for the time to run out before the money is bestowed to the family?

Well it is good to know that it hasn't been swept under the carpet. In pre internet days this would have been IMO.

Hopefully the cops will get on to the two merc drivers who have killed four people now and stop messing around.

But I am not holding my breath. THe police take a long time to figure out these cases where the guilty parties have money.  Shameless.

[/url]  

Are the Mercedes drivers still in Thailand?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

OAG to announce whether to indict Red Bull heir Thursday

2903002.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Office of the Attorney General will announce Thursday whether to indict heir of Red Bull energy drink empire Worayuth Yoowitthaya alias Boss in connection with a fatal road accident in which one traffic policeman was crushed to death on Sukhumvit road five years ago.

Mr Prayuth Petkhun, deputy spokesman of the OAG, has been assigned to give a press conference at the OAG.

Pol Lt-Gen Sanit Mahathavorn, commissioner of metropolitan police bureau, said Wednesday that Thonglor police who are in charge of the case had sent the case to the OAG on September 3, 2012.

Pol Lt-Col Atchawin Boonthamcharoen, deputy superintendent of Thonglor police, said that the accused, Worayuth, could show up himself or assign his lawyer to represent him to hear a ruling from the OAG.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/oag-announce-whether-indict-red-bull-heir-tomorrow/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-30