Thais eat more eggs in 2016

webfact

Thais eat more eggs in 2016

BANGKOK, 31 March 2017 (NNT) - Thai people’s egg consumption has increased to 240 eggs/year following campaigns for egg consumption by the public and private sectors. 

A committee of the project to campaign for the consumption of 300 eggs has cooperated with egg manufacturers, traders, exporters and farmers to continue the campaign for egg consumption for the second year. In 2016, the campaign arranged activities to make all groups of consumers feel more confident to eat eggs, resulting in an increase in egg consumption to 240 eggs/year. The campaign also helped to support Thai egg farmers and prevent a price drop. 

Chairman of the committee Rewat Hathaisattayaphong confirmed that eggs can be eaten daily according to the Institute of Nutrition, Mahidol University and the Department of Health under the Ministry of Public Health. Eggs are recommended for children, teenagers, adults, and healthy senior people. High-blood pressure patients and those with high cholesterol should eat one egg per week or as recommended by doctors. 

This year, the committee will campaign for egg research in Thailand and giving eggs as gifts in important festivals. It hopes that this campaign will increase the national egg consumption to 300 eggs/year and prevent an oversupply of eggs in the market.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-03-31

I think the increase is more because eggs are the cheapest form

of protein,and when people have to tighten the purse strings they

will eat more eggs.Pla too  which has always been  the food of

choice for the poorest folks is now gone up in price,so they turn 

to eggs.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

I think the increase is more because eggs are the cheapest form

of protein,and when people have to tighten the purse strings they

will eat more eggs.Pla too  which has always been  the food of

choice for the poorest folks is now gone up in price,so they turn 

to eggs.

regards worgeordie

The egg white is full of great proten.One of the benefits of this is that it truly helps your kidneys to function properly. As opposed of what I have been doing for years , flushing mine out with a good whiskey.

No it is not Thais eating more eggs, it is me.

When i was in hospital, a doctor told my wife give him plenty of eggs, that will help his bedsore go quickly.

Stupid bugger, now three and a half years later the bloody thing is still there.

That doesnt stop my wife feeding me eggs every chance she gets, i am now egg bound.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

No it is not Thais eating more eggs, it is me.

When i was in hospital, a doctor told my wife give him plenty of eggs, that will help his bedsore go quickly.

Stupid bugger, now three and a half years later the bloody thing is still there.

That doesnt stop my wife feeding me eggs every chance she gets, i am now egg bound.

He should have told her to put the egg white on the sore

of cos, economy bad, egg omelette with rice ( kao kai jiao) is the way to go. This year will be even more. 

anyone got the Stats on MAMA (instant nooodles) yet? 

All part of the roadmap return happiness to the ppl, kai jiao n MAMA.

Edited by Moonmoon

But guys... Thailand is about to become the Hub of Egg Consumption withing ASEAN. That's got to be a win!

<cue photo op' for old men in suits standing in front of 300 eggs all pointing and smiling.>