Actress ‘Patt’ admits Bt1.5m in her account came from ‘Benz Racing’: police

rooster59

Actress ‘Patt’ admits Bt1.5m in her account came from ‘Benz Racing’: police

By The Nation

Actress Napapa “Patt” Tantrakul has admitted to police that Bt1.5 million in her account was given to her by her husband, Akarakit “Benz Racing” Worarojcharoendet who was charged with laundering money for a Laotian drug lord.

Pol Maj Gen Chatree Phaisalsilp, deputy commissioner of the Narcotics Suppression Bureau, said on Saturday that Napapa met police on Friday and admitted that the Bt1.5 million was transferred to her by her husband.

She was quoted as saying the money was given to her in the husband-wide relation and she did not know how Akarakit had acquired the money.

Earlier, police froze Napapa’s bank account of Bt1.9 million. On Friday, she managed to produce documents to proof the source of her Bt400,000 and failed to prove the the remaining sum.

Chatree said police did not raise any charge against Napapa because there were no evidences to suspect her part in her husband’s alleged money laundering.

Akarakit was accused of buying a Lamborghini Gallardo SuperLeggera sports car with drug money from a network led by alleged Laotian drug kingpin Xaysana Keopimpa.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30311003

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-01

11 minutes ago, AllThaiedUp said:

Got to say I'm glad she didn't get charged with anything. Who's going to refuse free money and especially a Thai female?!

Putting it in the bank is a pretty good indication that she had no idea the money was bad.

My guess is the bad money is in baht ingots at her mom's house... :coffee1:

4 minutes ago, JAG said:

As we read this "Benz Racing" is sitting in a heap on the floor, rubbing his head and wondering what happened to the rug he was standing on....

Seems rich people still get caught once in a while.

Just now, robblok said:

Seems rich people still get caught once in a while.

Again Robbo they have a tendency to be going for the wrong team. How are the military and government procurement programs going at the moment? We will see that in the next round of changing the deck chairs on the Titanic.

But ..but.. but ..I thought she already said all her money was hers that she had aquired being a hi-so "superstar" So thats ok then, so, the 1.5 million was the only money she illegally acquired through her accounts via her boyfriend? Cool. Case closed nothing to see here.

3 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

1.5 M baht big money in Thailand but the red Bull heir would spill that much in coke over the weekend. I wonder if the heir was sent to AA meetings?

what help is AA meetings for marching powder user??

I thought I recalled her being quoted in a prior news article as insisting she had earned "every baht" in her account through her employment and such.

Maybe she meant that in the broadest sense, and that she construed her employment and work as being her performance of spousal duties -- for which Benz Racing apparently compensated her to the tune of 1.5 million baht.

Or, the first time around with police, maybe she just "forgot."

Here's the prior report I was recalling:

Yesterday, Napapa said police focused on asking her about her income last year and this year and she submitted documents including tax-payment papers. 

She said she was mystified by an earlier comment by police that she had Bt30 million in her bank account. She said she had less than that amount and could explain the origin of all of her money, which came from acting jobs.

Well, apparently not....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Why did she ask for more time before she came up with this excuse?

First she sad she made all the money herself, then she needed more time to prove it and now she suddenly got it from her husband...

So how much cash is a thai partner allowed to book on his partners bankaccount without paying tax?

24 minutes ago, fruitman said:

So how much cash is a thai partner allowed to book on his partners bankaccount without paying tax?

I'm not sure laundered money from drug dealing is considered taxable income.

But, if proven to have come from illegal activity, the funds certainly could be seized. And the OP article seems to mention that police at some point "froze" the funds in her bank account, though not clear if the 1.5 million remains frozen or not.

pretty sure she was saying she earnt the 1.5 mil through acting last time she was in there, if its in her account she would know exactly where it came from unless she is a total air head without  a working brain

Recall, the prior article had a reference to police claiming they thought she had 30 million in her account -- which she denied.

Just theoretically, it's possible there was a larger sum at some prior point in time, but as things began unraveling, perhaps those larger funds found their way into some other location.  Just theoretically, of course.

Good, in the past, benz racing her husband likes to show off on his facebook page his cars n bikes racing on thai streets. 

Anyone who comment that they were dangerous n endangering the lives of others were always quickly rebuked with verbal abuses.

I am happy to see that today even more benz racing bikes were being auction off.

Keep up the good work in this case. WELL DONE RTP

8 hours ago, 11223344 said:

She is freaking poor "Hi-So" with just 400k in her name.

I doubt she knows something about investing, except investing in overpriced brand clothing

Who knows whether she has some debt on top of it

Many here with the "appearance" of wealth are up to their necks and more in debt, case in point local shop owner, bought new makro, bought new  truck, bought new Pajero Sport..........I thought  blimey, his shop must be doing well............6  months later he  asked my Wife to  borrow 20k and said he owed +6million baht......... She told me and he was "surprised" that she did this thinking he could  borrow the farlangs  money via the Wife without me knowing. 

"Benz Racing" is such a shit name. Everytime I read it I cringe. I have a similar reaction when I see a condo building with a name that is "The (insert adjective here)" e.g The Unique

Benz Rat-zing... aka Retard.

2 hours ago, FangFerang said:

There are a lot of these people here. Why is this one being paraded out as a proof of justice? Just asking....

Because the police like to do photo opps with female lakorn stars / models / pretties, etc....

And, her husband seems to have gotten caught up in a big time drug dealing scandal.