Country singer stabbed dead by waiter in Phuket Town pub

webfact

Country singer stabbed dead by waiter in Phuket Town pub

Eakkapop Thongtub

1491197968_1-org.jpg

Police at the country music pub in Phuket Town where singer Srichan Inthaburi was stabbed dead. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Police have arrested a waiter at a busy live music pub in Phuket Town for the stabbing murder of a country music singer at the venue early yesterday morning (April 2).

Police were called to the “Cowboy Return Music See-sun Gan-eng” live music pub on Surin Rd at around 1:50am, where they found Srichan Inthaburi, 48, from Phang Nga, dead on the kitchen floor. He had been stabbed once in the chest and once in the abdomen.

Mr Srichan was a regular country music performer and an uncle of the pub’s owner.

Pub staff told police that Attaphong “Odd” Chanasik, a 21-year-old waiter at the pub, had an argument with Mr Srichan after he was fired for arriving late to work.

Staff told police that Attaphong left the venue, but came back later in a drunken state and smashed a bottle of beer against the wall next to the kitchen where Mr Srichan was eating.

When challenged by Mr Srichan, Attaphong threatened him with a knife that he had brought with him. Mr Srichan backed off into the kitchen, and Attaphong followed and stabbed him twice, staff reported.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/country-singer-stabbed-dead-by-waiter-in-phuket-town-pub-61656.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-04-03

Phuket bar fight ends in fatal stabbing, killer arrested

Phuket Gazette

pkt2.jpeg

The bar is located at Moo 1 on Surin road in Phuket Town. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A man was stabbed to death by a fellow staff member at a Phuket Town bar early yesterday morning.

“We found the body of Srichan Intaburi, 48 at a bar named Cowboy Pue Chiwit on Surin Road, with knife wounds to his chest and stomach. He was lying face up on the kitchen floor in a pool of blood,” said Lt Col Thaksin Pinyo of the Phuket City Police.

Other employees at the bar named the suspect as Attapong Chanasuek, 21.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-bar-fight-ends-fatal-stabbing-killer/66437?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-04-03

41 minutes ago, TSF said:

So much for all this talk about Thai jai yen yen, and their disdain for confrontation, and the tranquility of Buddhism.

Are you serious? 

The effects of alcohol seem pretty universal whatever the country or culture.

Most of these Thai "singers" are so off-key that anyone exposed to the for more than 10 minutes must be driven to violence. Having to work beside them for days on end seems excellent justification for murder!

15 hours ago, Kabula said:

People are losing their minds.

Humanity and common sense is disappearing.

Hey Kabula, common sense disappeared the day i-phone came on the market. Just look at all the people young and old in train and buses glue to their i-phone.

Humanity is still around no? Little bit left.

18 minutes ago, madusa said:

Hey Kabula, common sense disappeared the day i-phone came on the market. Just look at all the people young and old in train and buses glue to their i-phone.

Ha ha, looks like you are from the dinosaur age. Learn to adapt.

1 hour ago, madusa said:

True, except most of the iPhones are Samsung!

3 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Are you serious? 

The effects of alcohol seem pretty universal whatever the country or culture.

Although your statement is of course true, it is getting very boring and repetitive on this forum to read comments such as "It is not only Thailand, it happens all over the world" every time a poster comments on some kind of criminal or other activity in this country.  Comments are about an event in Thailand and are not about events elsewhere as comparisons.

On 2017/4/3 at 6:00 AM, saakura said:

Ha ha, looks like you are from the dinosaur age. Learn to adapt.

Dinosaur age you said, perhaps God exists because human being appeared only after the dinosaur had died otherwise the dinosaur would pick us up and ate us for snack.

What do you mean "Learn to adapt", I only adapt to young Thai ladies with my little appendage in between my legs. That's what adaptation is all about.

12 minutes ago, madusa said:

Dinosaur age you said, perhaps God exists because human being appeared only after the dinosaur had died otherwise the dinosaur would pick us up and ate us for snack.

What do you mean "Learn to adapt", I only adapt to young Thai ladies with my little appendage in between my legs. That's what adaptation is all about.

Disgusting comments on the thai people. Go back home and sc&$# your woman. 

It goes to show about their work ethics

He may have been coming in late quite often but still couldn't understand or handle the fact it lead to his firing, was a bit like yesterday at immi where they just had an hour for lunch & a woman come back 10 min late as though all ok & proceeded to check her phone for the next few minutes

16 hours ago, Slaps said:

Life Is So Cheap Here

Because most of the citizens have no moral s about other people's lives.The Thai philosophy learned from there leaders has always been "Me First". That is why that you see very little politeness to others here outside of the Wai.

13 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Although your statement is of course true, it is getting very boring and repetitive on this forum to read comments such as "It is not only Thailand, it happens all over the world" every time a poster comments on some kind of criminal or other activity in this country.  Comments are about an event in Thailand and are not about events elsewhere as comparisons.

Agreed.  It's a stupid and off track argument when people create false equivalency. It shows a lack of intellect and an abundance of immaturity.  Besides, these things do happen here more often than in the countries most expats came from...and that's the point.

6 hours ago, sanukjim said:

Because most of the citizens have no moral s about other people's lives.The Thai philosophy learned from there leaders has always been "Me First". That is why that you see very little politeness to others here outside of the Wai.

Could say thais moral standing is lying down...:wai:..heres your wai ...

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:37 AM, hdkane said:

Agreed.  It's a stupid and off track argument when people create false equivalency. It shows a lack of intellect and an abundance of immaturity.  Besides, these things do happen here more often than in the countries most expats came from...and that's the point.

Can you back up this statement with some facts?

The whole world has gone mad.......In Oz,  we have just had 2 teens for killing a man.

Two teens for attacking a 16 y old....and  12 y old for another stabbing........

When I came here 21 years ago it was a far safer place.....

15 hours ago, tagalong said:

The whole world has gone mad.......In Oz,  we have just had 2 teens for killing a man.

Two teens for attacking a 16 y old....and  12 y old for another stabbing........

When I came here 21 years ago it was a far safer place.....

"When I came here 21 years ago it was a far safer place." - and I am guessing "Oz" was a lot safer 21 years ago as well.