How big is your Thai-based fridge?

kunfish

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I know some  skinny Thai office girls who live without any fridge , tv, air con just a bed ,fan and shower toilet and they say they like it this way.

selling your fridge is probably the best way to loose your belly fat.

Thanks for the advice if after I die and come back I do not want to come back as skinny Thai office girls who live without any fridge , tv, air con just a bed ,fan and shower toilet. unquote no wonder us old fat foreigners are getting the pick of the litter well so to speak. 

1 minute ago, elgordo38 said:

Thanks for the advice if after I die and come back I do not want to come back as skinny Thai office girls who live without any fridge , tv, air con just a bed ,fan and shower toilet. unquote no wonder us old fat foreigners are getting the pick of the litter well so to speak. 

I respect those girls but i cant miss mine fridge..Can't do it..

I know some  skinny Thai office girls who live without any fridge , tv, air con just a bed ,fan and shower toilet and they say they like it this way.

selling your fridge is probably the best way to loose your belly fat.

I see a correlation between this and my wife coming to the states and using our American sized fridge over the last couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Germans who lived in the U.S. and now in Thailand tend to have more fridge and freezer space smile.gif

we have two 700L fridge/freezers, two 300L fridge/freezers, a 420L chest freezer and a rather small fridge (hotel minibar size) for medicaments. total capacity 85cf.

This is where the business of subleasing fridge space to the neighborhood restaurants comes into play. Or just the entire village.

Toshiba Hybrid circa 2006, "12.6 Q" is the capacity of my model # (GR-H41KT) according to google translate.  I didn't pay attention to capacity, just eye balled it, sure, looked about the same "size" as what I was accustomed to, but learned that is deceiving.  Added a slightly smaller Samsung two door to keep beverages and other things in and for the extra freezer space.  That wasn't quite enough either at times, so I was about to buy a dedicated chest freezer, then we moved from the countryside to the city suburbs, and a stone's throw from all the main supermarkets.  I moved both fridges to the new house and keep the same separation, but now we make more frequent, smaller quantity shopping trips, and don't keep 2 months of stuff jammed in the freezers. 

2 hours ago, Naam said:

what did you have for breakfast on october 17, 2015 and did you like it or not?

I remember that day well,for breakfast i had a pair of Craster  kippers ,that were specially

flown in,brown bread and butter and a pot of Assam tea,

if your interested, the wife had the lambs kidneys.and I must

say it was delightful

regards worgeordie

6 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Refrigerators come in all sizes whether you're in the US or Thailand.  

What  is the "USA perspective on refrigerators?" I can almost guarantee you I've been an American longer than you have and I've never heard of a shared nationalistic perspective on refrigerators.

If you want a big refrigerator, rent a bigger more expensive place to live. If you own your own place, go to a store that sells refrigerators and ask for a big one. The refrigerator I have is about as big as any I ever had in the US. If I had been aware of the USA perspective on refrigerators, I would have bought an even bigger one. Now I feel like I've let everyone in America down. I have a big refrigerator, but if I tried harder, I could have had an even bigger one. This is so humiliating.

Careful youll end up "frigid"

Most Thais eat out so don't need a large food inventory at home.

That's why the majority of fridges on show or sale at the appliance stores are a lot smaller than those you would typically find in the US/UK/Oz etc.

Has the OP a history in telemarketing research dependency? 

Just say "No !"

Never in telemarketing. Nothing wrong with a chat to shoot the breeze. It certainly brought you out of the woodwork to pique your interests.

Beats talking about Thai women.

21 hours ago, Stocky said:

Also have 3 - likewise a biggish one in the kitchen for food, fruit and veg with a bottom freezer section. Smaller one in the living room which is drinks, yogurts, that kind of stuff and a smaller one still up the fourth floor, save me having to go all the way to the ground floor for a beer. 

There's meat, fish, fruit and veg sellers all in walking distance, plus any number of food stalls, little restaurants, so we don't keep a huge inventory. We also eat out a lot. Don't need a humongous American style fridge, though I've seen them in Powerbuy; well they look like four door, two metre high, drink dispensing monsters to me.

You have a four-storey house :shock1:

How big is your house? Did you down-size?

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Is this Naam on a day out with friends at the beach?

my height is 181cm, my weight in the morning is 72.5kg and in the evening 73.2kg,

i eat up to 6 times a day without counting any calories or discrimination of any food. i lost a lot of weight last year (eating 14-16 times a day) that's why i have a fold on my belly like a lady who has recently given birth to triplets.

4 hours ago, kunfish said:

This is where the business of subleasing fridge space to the neighborhood restaurants comes into play. Or just the entire village.

canNOT! in fact my "personal" fridge/freezer space is too small. that's why my bread, salads and vegetables are parked in the "vegetarian" fridge next to mine.

freezer double picture. tried several minutes to delete. canNOT delete!

main fridges.JPG

personal freezer.JPG

personal freezer.JPG

personal fridge.JPG

38 minutes ago, Naam said:

my height is 181cm, my weight in the morning is 72.5kg and in the evening 73.2kg,

i eat up to 6 times a day without counting any calories or discrimination of any food. i lost a lot of weight last year (eating 14-16 times a day) that's why i have a fold on my belly like a lady who has recently given birth to triplets.

I was purely speculating about your weight due to the amount of your fridges.

3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I was purely speculating about your weight due to the amount of your fridges.

15 months ago your speculation would have pointed in the right direction. last year i lost 24kg which i put on over 7 years after open heart surgery. in another "fatso" thread (don't know which one) some months ago i described how i lost 25% body weight without dieting, without exercises and eating the most delicious food without counting calories. 

if you are interested to know my secret "how to be a [weight]loser", search for the thread, send 15 Baht royalties by email attachment or personal message and wait for my permission to read. :smile:

19 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Just  lightly  sauteed  in butter. thats the kidneys you are refering to, not the kippers

regards worgeordie

kidneys of course. in Germany kidneys are a specialty prepared and served with some sour gravy. not spicy but delicious!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=saure+nieren&lr=&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjJtueI5o_TAhUJVbwKHf1dCXMQ_AUICCgB&biw=734&bih=409

3 hours ago, kunfish said:

Never in telemarketing. Nothing wrong with a chat to shoot the breeze. It certainly brought you out of the woodwork to pique your interests.

Beats talking about Thai women.

Fair dinkums.... it's reminded me to try making coffee ice cubes... anyone tried it?

On 4/5/2017 at 7:12 PM, kunfish said:

Was surprising how small the fridges are here. Don't seem useful at least from a USA perspective. Suppose people shop more often but where do they find the time if they work and fight rush hour and have long hours.

Or people eat out often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, let me remind you; this  is not the US. The Eurps are generally not as concerned--as one stated, his was fridge-size. If you have to have a larger fridge they can be had.

However, I have found a number of smaller ones have merit. I have a small fridge for drinks and maybe fruits in my bedroom. Another  fridge in the bar and even one outside in the garden for the bamboo hut. The kitchen has a rather large one/Thai style, but the wife handles all purchases; she keeps them all topped with ice, food, drinks and sundries.  So, as long as I can open the door and make the selection I want, all is right with the world.

1 hour ago, Naam said:

15 months ago your speculation would have pointed in the right direction. last year i lost 24kg which i put on over 7 years after open heart surgery. in another "fatso" thread (don't know which one) some months ago i described how i lost 25% body weight without dieting, without exercises and eating the most delicious food without counting calories. 

if you are interested to know my secret "how to be a [weight]loser", search for the thread, send 15 Baht royalties by email attachment or personal message and wait for my permission to read. :smile:

Hi yes sounds to good to be true?.Sure myself and probably some other beer bellies in this forum  would be more than interested to read how you gained these excellent results.