How big is your Thai-based fridge?

kunfish

11 hours ago, kannot said:

I dont eat like an American so fortunately I only need a "normal size" fridge...................supersize me:smile:

Yes, I know, but neither do the people in the Central African Republic--normal there may be a burlap bag for food storage.  

I couldn't believe the tiny rooms--especially bedrooms, kitchens and bathrooms--archaic temperature control devices, and lack of garage and yard space all over Europe.  However, Eurp is somewhat better than in the CAR.  

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 05/04/2017 at 7:28 PM, canthai55 said:

Have 3 - one for food - with bottom freezer, one for fruit and veg, one for drinks.

Glad it isn't just me....... although not much gets frozen.

One for drinks, other for food and stuff, and a small one by the 'Thai kitchen'.......

12 hours ago, smotherb said:

Well, let me remind you; this  is not the US. The Eurps are generally not as concerned--as one stated, his was fridge-size. If you have to have a larger fridge they can be had.

However, I have found a number of smaller ones have merit. I have a small fridge for drinks and maybe fruits in my bedroom. Another  fridge in the bar and even one outside in the garden for the bamboo hut. The kitchen has a rather large one/Thai style, but the wife handles all purchases; she keeps them all topped with ice, food, drinks and sundries.  So, as long as I can open the door and make the selection I want, all is right with the world.

If your in need of a butler let me know. 

On 4/6/2017 at 4:56 AM, pgrahmm said:

We have 2...

The one in the kitchen is about 15 cf & holds household food & drink along with usually 3-4 frozen loaves of sourdough and manages well enough for a family of 4....

The 2nd is located in a open designed side-exercise-bar room next to the (disconnected from kitchen) formal dining room & is 11 cf....It holds the social drinks, sodas, ice, + food overflow if entertaining.... 

Handy to have as the house design, while pleasing, spread out & functional, meanders....Plenty of space but fridges - although not really that far apart are really in 2 completely separated areas of the house.....Probably the reason a few have more than one....

Looking forward to your next party then .........

20 hours ago, Naam said:

canNOT! in fact my "personal" fridge/freezer space is too small. that's why my bread, salads and vegetables are parked in the "vegetarian" fridge next to mine.

freezer double picture. tried several minutes to delete. canNOT delete!

main fridges.JPG

personal freezer.JPG

personal freezer.JPG

personal fridge.JPG

I'm moving in with you good sir!

On 06/04/2017 at 4:54 PM, grollies said:

You have a four-storey house :shock1:

How big is your house? Did you down-size?

We live in a four storey shophouse; plenty of space for family and you don't get under each other's feet. Slight issue is the long and narrow floor plan, 4.5 x 22m, but you have plenty of space to play with over four floors plus the flat roof.