wet/cool this year

kannot

Normally by  now its  like a desert  here, the ground like concrete the heat 40+c  many days the water turned off  locally.................this years been much cooler and very wet,  any difference by you.........Im in Prachuap Khiri Khan, el nino or  summat  like that to blame

Been trying to concrete now for  about 8  days but had to give up due to soft ground and frequent  rain, never  seen my lake  full this time of year before, not in the last 4-5  years anyway  although the last 4  have been VERY VERYYYYYYYYYY dry.

Pranburi dam  finally  filling up which is  a  good  thing

9 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

No worries it's just running late. :biggrin:

Had a thunder storm last evening and heavy rain due to being so hot, 33 already where l am and a expected high of 38 today.

Makes a  nice is  currently somewhat annoying change though

Same general observation up here in Korat.  Had several heavy rains over the past few weeks, most isolated but there have been a few wide-spread ones.  I left Immigration last week in a blinding rain squall, still hammering down when I arrived at the house 30 Kilometers away.    Today overcast, cool-ish breeze..... I feel like we're getting away with something and will pay a price for it later.  Ha ha.

2 hours ago, i claudius said:

Just said to the wife ,never known it so cool in April and plenty of rain here in Pattaya .

Yes, indeed. Relatively cool, some rain and clouded. I like it.

I remember about 8 or 9 years ago when it was actually cold in April for about week. This year has been pleasantly cooler than normal, and definitely wetter than any March-April that I can recall. Not only more comfortable, but a much lower than normal electric bill as an added bonus. 

The weather in my area, Kalasin province, has been excellent for the best part of a year. Perhaps we're being let off lightly after the 10 days of so of 40+ weather during last year's hot season. The wet season brought rain on most days, again in contrast to the year before when it was short and not very wet. The winter was relatively cool and pleasant with it not getting too chilly (down into single figures), and the hot season has also been good with few days above 35 and quite a bit of rain. The forecast I've seen is for 38 over Songkran though, but yes, a pleasant surprise most of the time.

Apparently this current weather is/was normal for this time of the year. It's the past few years of heat and concrete mud that has been out of character. Most of my farm would have been too dry to plough at this time of the year but now it's too wet to drag the plough through it.

Half way between Sakhon Nakhon and Udon Thani, been really enjoying the weather this year, as I recall last summer, as soon as you opened the front door it was like opening the oven door, straight heat onto your face hitting 43 for around 10 days in a row at one stage.

Was just saying to Mrs the other day how good the weather has been of late, some rain, overcast days, cool breezes sitting in the low 30's and some days 26 max.

Of the 5 air conditioners, we have not had to put one on, although there was a couple of nights a few months back that we had too, now its just fans which are more enjoyable as we don't really like air conditioners, but will use them when its too hot.

Pretty hot here in Uttaradit but to be honest it is known to be one of the regions in Thailand that does get hot during this period. We did have some rain last week but I expect the temps to be the same as last year. It hit 45 degrees for a few days during May, so not looking forward to that. I did hear from some locals that this year we will be hit hard in all seasons. So expect the mercury to rise, get really wet during the rainy seasonnand possibly invest in a heater for the cool season.

the news reports that there have been unseasonable weather patterns coming outta the NE and that have caused torrential downpours in various areas...I wanted to fix my roof gutters but the rain beat me to it...had a big rainwater leak that messed up my downstairs kitchen...and I gotta broken leg and don't need this shit...

when it rains it pours...

I am in Chiang Mai, late February and March cooler than last year. Chiang Mai had many daytime highs hotter than Bangkok, and Mae Ha Song set a new Thai record of 44.8 Celsius.

Cooler is good. We still have the rest of April and May for some hot days.

My hope is for RAIN for the farmers.

Thai heat and not much rain is hard for farmers.

Moist soil is easier to farm than dry hard soil.

4 weeks ago it was bloody hot during the days here in Surat Thani and the ground was starting to set like concrete, I was actually looking at getting water brought in to water the trees, then the rain started, not much at first and a few  days apart but in the last week or two it has become heavy on most days and the ground is greening up again. Getting so you cannot predict what it is going to do at all, dont think anyone really has any idea on it either.

15 hours ago, khunPer said:

Feels like all that talk about "Global warning" is nothing but a hot air...:sad:

Your right... a one time abnormality after years of higher temperatures invalidates the whole global warming theory.

Looks like its a bit cooler here in BKK too but its mainly because of cloud cover.  No complaints here means less aircon use. Did have them just cleaned. 

Edited by robblok

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Your right... a one time abnormality after years of higher temperatures invalidates the whole global warming theory.

Looks like its a bit cooler here in BKK too but its mainly because of cloud cover.  No complaints here means less aircon use. Did have them just cleaned. 

»...one time...«?

A few years back we had the coolest temperature here, since the beginning af time – at least since they began measure and statistically store mercury readings – 17.9 centigrade, which is freezing cold for Koh Samui; especially when one moved there to avoid cool weather...:post-4641-1156693976:

:smile:

@khunPer

Yeah, but the global warming thing isn't about Thailand or your experience.

It's the cumulative data from the whole World, over a long period and therefore is statistically valid.

There is global warming taking place and it's Man-made.

16 minutes ago, Tapster said:

@khunPer

It's the cumulative data from the whole World, over a long period and therefore is statistically valid.

Utter Crap check your sources.

18 minutes ago, Tapster said:

@khunPer

Sorry, if you misunderstood the humor in my posts...:ermm: