with the blonde bimbo on the right walking towards

a chinese tourist and his girl friend

and yes ... she got them both :(

dave2

songkran ferangs in chiang mai 3 15 pm 7 apr 17 20170407_151438~01.jpg

songkran ferangs in chiang mai one 3 15 pm 7 apr 17 20170407_152318.jpg

songkran ferangs in chiang mai two 3 15 pm 7 apr 17 20170407_152320.jpg

songkran ferangs in chiang mai three 3 15 pm 7 apr 17 20170407_152321.jpg

songkran ferangs in chiang mai four close up 3 15 pm 7 apr 17 20170407_152321.jpg

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, ukrules said:

If they go around doing this it won't be long before they're arrested.

Personally I hope they get a good beating and then arrested. I will read with great glee, any report of either happening to this bunch of complete morons.

Edited by darksidedog

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Personally I hope they get a good beating and then arrested. I will read with great glee, any report of either happening to this bunch of complete morons.

As you should for the post above.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Abraham Lincoln
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/abrahamlin109276.html

1 hour ago, Panda13 said:

Question. If it pours rain during the whole of Songkran, is there any point in carrying an umbrella or water?

I think it was 2011 when it did this. It was very uncomfortable because there was no sun to at least make it enjoyable, just cold and miserable.

Not happened since though.....maybe this year

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I wonder what the charge would be? If it's an 'offence' that will be laughed off next week, how does it become deserving of "a good beating" and arrest this week? High jinks can be annoying to those not in on the joke, but a drop of water is hardly deserving of such a harsh reaction - old farts excepted.

Just now, elektrified said:

What inconsiderate morons.

And also ignorant morons!

Songkran is a Buddhist New Year and it's akin to Muslims celebrating Muslim New Year or the Christians celebrating Christmas holidays.

It's not a shooting water party . The original practice is to bathe the Buddha statues with water for purity.

Nowadays, people have forgotten the original meaning and start spraying humans just for joy.

Edited by EricTh

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

If they go around doing this it won't be long before they're arrested.

i showed the pics to a couple of thais tonight and they said yes they would be arrested

for doing this so early

but ive not seen the men in the pics tonight coz they are probably trying to get in some slappers knickers from birmingham in a bar somewhere ?

dave2

zoe in yellow bar 2 may 16 20160502_133836.jpg

17 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

Regrettable they look like they are probably British as well. Something very offensive about coming to a foreign country and then trying to dictate the rules of a local festival. They should be ashamed.

Were the stuby legs the tell tale sign that it was Brits?  I thought possibly a mix of Canadians, but you are probably correct.  Puke buckets likely in their future.

4 hours ago, dave2 said:

i showed the pics to a couple of thais tonight and they said yes they would be arrested

for doing this so early

but ive not seen the men in the pics tonight coz they are probably trying to get in some slappers knickers from birmingham in a bar somewhere ?

dave2

zoe in yellow bar 2 may 16 20160502_133836.jpg

You might be famous for your pictures here, but your cynicism and judgemental opinions don't put you in a good light. You've gone from posting pictures of a few people harmlessly water spraying to assuming that they are "trying to get in some slappers knickers from birmingham". Sad. Given a choice, I'd rather be in the company of harmless young pranksters than yours. Who are these Thai people that you know that said they would get arrested?  As if. 

I disagree wth you completely CMJ.  It is not harmless, it is out of context and it is completely ignorant. If is too early and outside of the festival it is effectively assault.

Edited by rogeroc

25 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Were the stuby legs the tell tale sign that it was Brits?  I thought possibly a mix of Canadians, but you are probably correct.  Puke buckets likely in their future.

You're probably right. Brits have a monpoly on stuby(?) legs, particularly people from Birmingham, it seems.

11 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

I disagree wth you completely CMJ.  It is not harmless, it is out of context and it is completely ignorant.

Not harmless? Maybe you can explain what harm comes from a splash of water.

Was anyone here ever young?Songkran hasn't even started and the killjoys have already had their say. 

Since you edited your post after my comment, I'll edit mine. Asssault! A splash of water is assault! Let me guess, you're a westerner, right?

You're funny, keep 'em comimg.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

5 minutes ago, Chiengmaijoe said:

Was anyone here ever young?Songkran hasn't even started and the killjoys have already had their say. 

Well at least you have recognised that it hasn't even started, I am sure you can answer your own question if you think about it. Yes it really does look like they intend a little dab or splash.

1 hour ago, Chiengmaijoe said:

It's water.

Outside the context of Songkran, I don't particularly enjoy being shot with a pressurized water gun while walking on the street- I accept it during the holiday period, but I'd prefer not to be subject to it from strangers at other times, especially when going about my daily life (with my phone and documentation unprotected by plastic bags like they will be next week).

Yes, it's water- it's also my right not to interact with nitwits.  It's not pleasant having to walk around Kad San Kaew with wet underwear crawling up your crack because someone thought it would be fun to start soaking people a week early.;) 

Edited by flare

1 hour ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Most Canadians have British ancestry so they don't look different from them.

You can only tell by their accents and not looks.

12 minutes ago, flare said:

Yes, it's water- it's also my right not to interact with nitwits.  It's not pleasant having to walk around Kad San Kaew with wet underwear crawling up your crack because someone thought it would be fun to start soaking people a week early.;) 

One should only spray others holding water guns and not everyone on the street.

The original festival is actually to go to Buddhist temples, doing merits and bathing the Buddha.

People have distorted the tradition.

3 hours ago, Chiengmaijoe said:

Since you edited your post after my comment, I'll edit mine. Asssault! A splash of water is assault! Let me guess, you're a westerner, right?

You're funny, keep 'em comimg.

ok, how is it an assault?

. Imagine being in suit and tie on the way to a job interview or work and you get soaked.

Could cause some issues.