What are your plans for Songkran?

A post and reply have been removed.   Please stay on topic.  

People are entitled to their opinion on the topic without negative remarks. 

I have nothing against Songkran and when I first arrived in Thailand and I enjoyed it and participated.   Over time, I grew to like it a lot less.   I did enjoy the time off from work and stocking up and food and spending a few days safely at home.   The neighbor kids would get me when I strayed outside with a tiny and acceptable amount of water, which was quite acceptable.  

Since I have only missed two SongKran's since my first one in 1990, I will be sitting it out at home for four days.  Not because I don't like the holiday and throwing water etc., but to get to where my friends are enjoying themselves involves riding the Sky'Train both ways.  And, unfortunately, the SkyTrain at this time of year is FREEZING cold, so I would probably wind up with pneumonia or at the very least, a very bad cold.  Yes, I am at the verge of being ancient!

Enjoy yourselves - as they say - BTDT many times!

I didn't know that they have introduced Songkran on Vancouver Island. But what the heck. I thought "what is good on Vancouver Island is good in my home country".

So I went out and started to throw water at people in a very friendly way. 10 minutes later the cops grabbed me and charged me with "creating a public disturbance."

My claim, that this is in the best of Thai tradition didn't help at all. Quite the opposite: The arresting cop mumbled something like: "Not the first time that returnig citizens from Thailand display strange behaviour"!

Clearly, the folks on Vancouver Island must be more open minded as far as foreign traditions are concerned.

Cheers.

Home country. Doesn't mean I'm not in Thailand right now. Am. Cheers!

15 hours ago, alex8912 said:

A couple days on Silom joining in on the fun of Songkran. Will buy the biggest most powerful gun I can find tonight so I have it ready the second I leave my condo on the way to silom.  Will def look for crabby looking TVF posters who all seem to spend the entire holiday on their motorbikes during songkran and then complain incessantly how dangerous it is when they get spayed. When I see them I will pummel them with water and advise others to do so. Then back to the fun and laughter and good spirited water fighting on Silom.  After hours go by I'll return home and do it all over the next day. It's truly the most therapeutic holiday of the year. 

Sounds great to me, see you there!! However, I am a little concerned about the TVF posters getting "spayed", I do hope they are going to a qualified vet!!

A couple days on Silom joining in on the fun of Songkran. Will buy the biggest most powerful gun I can find tonight so I have it ready the second I leave my condo on the way to silom.  Will def look for crabby looking TVF posters who all seem to spend the entire holiday on their motorbikes during songkran and then complain incessantly how dangerous it is when they get spayed. When I see them I will pummel them with water and advise others to do so. Then back to the fun and laughter and good spirited water fighting on Silom.  After hours go by I'll return home and do it all over the next day. It's truly the most therapeutic holiday of the year. 

Steer clear of me! I smash at least 2 water guns every Songkran belonging to idiots who think it's fun to throw water at folk who don't want!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, shanesox said:

Steer clear of me! I smash at least 2 water guns every Songkran belonging to idiots who think it's fun to throw water at folk who don't want!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You sound like a butter cup. You should not be near Silom or on Silom during Songkran. Keep up your annual breaking of 2+ guns and you gonna get something broken real soon. 

12 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I will be going to my local bar with my mate a ladyboy and really push the boat out and have 2 Chang beers , I should know better at my age but I just don't care , Monday , one beer , Thursday 2 . I know how to have a good time.

hmmm ... sounds good, thai guys are sexy.  Have a good songkran ...:burp:

We live in Korat next to the highway for Khon Kaen , I will not drive any where except the local Tesco until this madness is over, I do drink but do not frequent local bars so my partner of seven years my gf  her family are here already , we will eat good drink a little and survive.

On 4/8/2017 at 7:40 PM, Wilsonandson said:

Buy lots of ice!!!

Icey water on the back

Gives the Thai's a heart attack.

Drink on the street wearing my wife beater.

Shout at people in English using rare swear words the Thais don't understand.

Use the talcum powder rub down to get a cheap feel.

Put some dance music on very loud.

Laugh, scream, shout and play.

Increase the medication.

On 10/04/2017 at 2:41 PM, williet98248 said:

British Columbia, Canada.  Lovely place.  Had my first honeymoon on VI;  Victoria and the West Coast.  Never seen so much rain.  Even in Thailand.  Second honeymoon in Hawaii. 

My mom's family is from BC in Nelson. Loved the place and been there a few times. Couple was on the train from Ontario when I was young. Nice way to.travel and see the scenery.