What are your plans for Songkran?

Not a lot really Mrs will be busy working,  the soi route to my pub may have a few kids having water fun,  l just have drink watching the village main street get jammed up with some trucks rear beds filled with girls in wet T shirts. :smile:

I'm gonna walk down main street in my village with my iphone, ipad, laptop, wallet, pasport and important documents on my way to a job interview. After having all my precious belonging soaking wet and damaged, i will rush back home, borrwow my daughter's tablet and start a topic on how my job interview was ruined by s**** songkran revellers...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Buy lots of ice!!!

Icey water on the back

Gives the Thai's a heart attack.

Drink on the street wearing my wife beater.

Shout at people in English using rare swear words the Thais don't understand.

Use the talcum powder rub down to get a cheap feel.

Put some dance music on very loud.

Laugh, scream, shout and play.

2 hours ago, jerojero said:

Avoiding it like the plague. Did it once and the excess water violence by those drunk out of their minds was well enough for me, thank-you-very-much.

I didn't know that they have introduced Songkran on Vancouver Island. But what the heck. I thought "what is good on Vancouver Island is good in my home country".
So I went out and started to throw water at people in a very friendly way. 10 minutes later the cops grabbed me and charged me with "creating a public disturbance."
My claim, that this is in the best of Thai tradition didn't help at all. Quite the opposite: The arresting cop mumbled something like: "Not the first time that returnig citizens from Thailand display strange behaviour"!
Clearly, the folks on Vancouver Island must be more open minded as far as foreign traditions are concerned.
Cheers.

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

Buy lots of ice!!!

Icey water on the back

Gives the Thai's a heart attack.

Drink on the street wearing my wife beater.

Shout at people in English using rare swear words the Thais don't understand.

Use the talcum powder rub down to get a cheap feel.

Put some dance music on very loud.

Laugh, scream, shout and play.

Oouuups, that does it! What a let-down! I was in the process of sending you a PM, suggesting that you marry one of my step-daughters. You beeing a "hansum man" with a solid Bank Account.
But after what you write above, of course: The deal is off.
Cheers.

I didn't know that they have introduced Songkran on Vancouver Island. But what the heck. I thought "what is good on Vancouver Island is good in my home country".
So I went out and started to throw water at people in a very friendly way. 10 minutes later the cops grabbed me and charged me with "creating a public disturbance."
My claim, that this is in the best of Thai tradition didn't help at all. Quite the opposite: The arresting cop mumbled something like: "Not the first time that returnig citizens from Thailand display strange behaviour"!
Clearly, the folks on Vancouver Island must be more open minded as far as foreign traditions are concerned.
Cheers.

Lol!! Whereabouts on Vancouver Island?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

21 hours ago, swissie said:

Don't know. Ask jerojero. His avatar indicates that he lives on Vancouver Island.
Cheers.

Avatar is an icon (pussy cat jerojero). His profile page is the correct term. Cheers

Songkran will be a relaxed one for us this year. So we off to FIL tomorrow morning about 11 will cook a load of grub have a couple of cheeky beers in the sun with lazy brother pretend to be merry. Feed the dogs and be on our way before 5pm.

Thursday will pop back spend a few hours doing same and be on our way by 5pm again. 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Avatar is an icon (pussy cat jerojero). His profile page is the correct term. Cheers

You are absolutely correct. My mistake. But with such a pussy-cat, who needs Songkran anyway!

Cheers.

A couple days on Silom joining in on the fun of Songkran. Will buy the biggest most powerful gun I can find tonight so I have it ready the second I leave my condo on the way to silom.  Will def look for crabby looking TVF posters who all seem to spend the entire holiday on their motorbikes during songkran and then complain incessantly how dangerous it is when they get spayed. When I see them I will pummel them with water and advise others to do so. Then back to the fun and laughter and good spirited water fighting on Silom.  After hours go by I'll return home and do it all over the next day. It's truly the most therapeutic holiday of the year. 

No different than plans for any other time. Although it is sort of amusing to read all the hysterical farang having hissy fits ... especially those who become self-righteous about wasted water, many of whom live in condos or stay in hotels or even have homes with seldom used swimming pools that hold tens of thousands of litres of water and/or play golf on courses that use untold amounts of water to keep them green.

Let them eat cake. Water wastage is only for the privileged.

I gotta admit, i love songkran. The wife's childhood friends invade our house for a week, eating , drinking, laughing and when we too hot( around 41 degrees where i live) we go for a walk and get splashed. ...Makes me feel like a five year old again...pure fun!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

My first Songkran so I've bit the bullet and drove down to Hua Hin , god help me.
Probably stay 4 days then shuffle off home before the mass exodus.

Me, the gf, her sister and the sisters 2 lead weights having a relaxing hour round the pool .

( tried to upload photo but couldn't for some reason )

my first songkran was 1991 and it was fantastic, up country, and all it should be. days on end. i was young and so was everyone else. girls girls girls. the following year, it was fun for about a day. the third year it was something i decided i would avoid. 

all these years later, I look fwd to either leaving LOS or staying at home and enjoying things in Bkk that I dont normally do, like going down to china town or kiang krachan or whatever. I usually do a drive in the early morning on the expressways, just going around the city to remind myself of the layout. funny but I only remember certain expressways and the signage is useless. 

I go shopping at central chidlom and buy all kinds of good food and stock the place. the maid is gone and it is pure peace and quiet so I can read as much as I like, day or night and watch films or sport. but this year we have a kid. my life as I knew it is gone, forever, never to return. the one thing I look fwd to is the kid getting older ... then Songkran will be fun again.