Name a good Movie (non-cartoon) to watch with Thai Lady...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

'The Beach' is set in Thailand and your wife can probably follow it OK. For some reason 'The Last King of Scotland' is popular with every Thai who has seen it. They like movies with exotic cultures and a touch of danger.

Any James Bond movie will go down well.

Yh but that beach films got like 6 thai people in the whole film. She might have a hard time believing it's thailand and she might start comparing KKK with Leonardo and that some not good. When is this movie night?

Yeah, Geisha.My Mrs loved it. It had the Asian theme to it, and she loved the kimono's and the dancing scenes.We both fell in love with Gong Li (Hatsamomo, she was 49 when she made the movie.)It was good for a sort of history lesson too. The wife sort of got the idea of the Japanese girls transition from wearing traditional dress to wearing western clothes, after the war. They did it to appear more attractive to the GI occupying forces.She understood, very well the 'Bashido' type 'face' and understood that it didn't just apply to Thailand.

She now wants to visit Gishon, where the movie starts, but sadly, i had to inform here that its just like BKK now.

An all round good movie for a Thai lady to see. We got the CD with sub titles.

2 hours ago, Farang99 said:

When I first met the lady who was to become my wife she asked to go to a movie - her choice was Titanic - Thai ladies like romantic movies.

My wife liked Titanic. For a whole week,all she kept on about was, "did Jack And Lose get saved" I told her "of course they did 'Serweethart' and they lived in Epsom until they died,I didn't have the  heart to tell her the truth.

I watched half of Pretty Woman last night...it occurred to me that you guys were joking...maybe not...but it seems to emphasize a ton of things wrong with the way Thai women perceive American guys.....and the rates he was paying?  The luxury goods?  <deleted>....the only parts that were realistic were the weak sex scenes.  Cannibals would be a better choice, but still not as good as Lassie come home with Elizabeth Taylor.

My wife has always been fascinated with historical movies about the British monarchy. Simply because such films in Thailand would never be made.

Also, she likes movies which are a bit edgy. Show her something tame like a rom-com and she would just fall asleep!

The problem is that everyone's different. 

3 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Absolutely, a wonderful movie, just finished watching it on TCM channel.Marlon Brando was at his best.

Yes KKDave a blast from the past. I am going back in time for good movies these trash offerings of today are sickening although I do find the odd gem. One was Hidden Figures. The Brothers Grimsby is non stop laughter. The Do Over full of belly laughs. For the old guys from the UK Wee Geordie one of my all time favorite Allister Sims. Well back to  the Quiet Man for time number 7. 

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Yes KKDave a blast from the past. I am going back in time for good movies these trash offerings of today are sickening although I do find the odd gem. One was Hidden Figures. The Brothers Grimsby is non stop laughter. The Do Over full of belly laughs. For the old guys from the UK Wee Geordie one of my all time favorite Allister Sims. Well back to  the Quiet Man for time number 7. 

I remember watching 'Tea House years ago. Brando's Sakini  alongside Glen Fords 'Sap', soldier character, was a great pairing.

I am just watching the 'Yellow Rolls Royce"  now. Rex Harrison, George C Scott.

Shirley McClain as his Slapper, Brooklyn Girlfriend, and Ingrid Bergman ( she of the wonderful voice)

The lady killers, Alistair Simm.Steinbeck's Of mice and men Burgess Meridith and Noah Beery. Sgt York, The Maltese falcon, The treasure of Sierra Madre.There are many that i can remember, but it would take me a life time to list them all

Good movies, and i mean good movies, are hard to find. I think that Scorsese Has the corner on that for the past decade, using actors, as Dinero and Pesci.

Keep on searching, mate

My wife loves the Walking Dead series.  She watches it in English with Thai subtitles.  Doesn't miss an episode. She says it helps her with her english pronunciation,  as well.  She also loves the Harry Potter movies and the Twilight movies.

3 hours ago, landslide said:

My wife loves the Walking Dead series.  She watches it in English with Thai subtitles.  Doesn't miss an episode. She says it helps her with her english pronunciation,  as well.  She also loves the Harry Potter movies and the Twilight movies.

Harry Potter is for 14yos.

I suggest you show her a really perverse movie, something that will give you an idea of what she's really into !!
You know something dirty with children and nuns and maybe a few goats in there !!

If you're interested then I recommend The Sound of Music !!

( I'll get my coat) [emoji20]

Archived