A million baht dowry and a hundred foreign guests as gay British tour boss ties the knot with Thai man

webfact

19 minutes ago, Goanna said:

Because that must be the most degrading and filthy thing that can happen to a man. Along with the outrush of faeces upon withdrawal. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Seems a disgusting activity to me, but these days, it is not illegal to be a deviate. So I am very tolerant and understanding. Live in peace.

Oh dear that's a bit strong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not letting Grandma read Thai Visa any more    :giggle:

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because that must be the most degrading and filthy thing that can happen to a man. Along with the outrush of faeces upon withdrawal. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Seems a disgusting activity to me, but these days, it is not illegal to be a deviate. So I am very tolerant and understanding. Live in peace.

Maybe good to ask about methods from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call me old fashioned and discriminatory, marriage is only between a man and a woman , full stop.

Marriage has only been around a short time in history more over political reasons then economical. Love has been in last place

39 minutes ago, garyk said:

I knew a guy from the UK about 8 years ago that threw a shindig like this in Pattaya. People flew in from the UK, Obscene amounts of money this guy spent. Millions of Baht.

Gold + money for the dowery.  

Amazing. 

Yes, awful isn't it? So tasteless.

45 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

^ I wish no harm to anyone, but I'm not a politically correct guy. Which means, if I meet them, I'll treat them like any other human being, but I am expressing my view on the effects of this on society in general.

How do you know about the effects of same sex parents? 

52 minutes ago, Goanna said:

I don't believe it's any filthier or degrading than hetro sex, and there is no out rush of faeces, gay sex is not an enema!

3 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Thanks to Dave the Rave, yes. But not apparently in Thailand.

Well hopefully one day ceremonies such as this one will help change that. Many gay people had ceremonies in the USA when it also wasn't recognized there. If ceremonies like this become more common and raise awareness they are a step towards the day gay marriage is legal.

the Boy cannot change his Thai I.D. card, and he cannot change hiss ex officially, so unless the brits allow a visa for a male husband or wife whichever he is he won't be granted a visa, then again you never know what the brits will do. AND Thailand does not recognise this wedding so it sounds like the thai lady boy did indeed win the jack pot!

Funny. Same-sex marriages aren't recognised in Thailand - at least according to the British Embassy.

Not under the law. Not yet. Thailand may be waiting for China to set the example. These days China is starting to take the lead on other issues like climate change and free trade.

the Boy cannot change his Thai I.D. card, and he cannot change hiss ex officially, so unless the brits allow a visa for a male husband or wife whichever he is he won't be granted a visa, then again you never know what the brits will do. AND Thailand does not recognise this wedding so it sounds like the thai lady boy did indeed win the jack pot!
Not about a Ladyboy my dude. It's about the loving coupling of two gay cisgender men.

1 minute ago, captspectre said:

He will easily be able to get a visa should they want to go to the USA. This ceremony while not legally binding is pretty strong evidence of a relationship. He can get a tourist visa to go to the UK or apply for a fiance visa if they wish to go get legally married in the UK. 

They obviously do not lack the funds to prove they can afford a holiday.

You might enjoy it. Give it a try. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Maybe you are in the closet and don't know it yet?

Just saying...

1 hour ago, Goanna said:

Oh, with all respect, the great outpouring of fecal matter is in some of the decidedly silly /bizarre/ Victorian comments on here. 

To characterize someone else's preferences ( assuming they are in fact real preferences rather than your assumptions) as degrading, filthy, disgusting and deviant does not leave the impression of the "living in peace" with which you conclude.

Just now, Cowboyshoe said:

The only thing shocking here is the amount of racism and homophobia alive and well in this forum.

That should come as no surprise if you have been on TV for awhile it is always like this. The ex pat demographic in Thailand isn't the most enlightened or cosmopolitan by any stretch of the imagination.

This is what you get when you have a population of ostracized white males over 50 who move across the world based upon the price of beer and cigarettes.

1 minute ago, Prbkk said:

Oh, with all respect, the great outpouring of fecal matter is in some of the decidedly silly /bizarre/ Victorian comments on here. 

To characterize someone else's preferences ( assuming they are in fact real preferences rather than your assumptions) as degrading, filthy, disgusting and deviant does not leave the impression of the "living in peace" with which you conclude.

The funny thing about it is that straight people engage in anal sex all the time. It isn't something unique to being gay by any means.

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not under the law. Not yet. Thailand may be waiting for China to set the example. These days China is starting to take the lead on other issues like climate change and free trade.

Well no, China will never do that obviously.

Great couple of gay friends here went to San Francisco to get married for legal reasons. Lovely poster somewhere else did the same, no need to have this circus imo. If you have the money anything is doable.

I wish the happy couple all the very best.

That should come as no surprise if you have been on TV for awhile it is always like this. The ex pat demographic in Thailand isn't the most enlightened or cosmopolitan by any stretch of the imagination.

This is what you get when you have a population of ostracized white males over 50 who move across the world based upon the price of beer and cigarettes.

Sounds like my supposedly highly educated and skilled coworkers back in the states. But what do you expect from a sheltered group working at one corporation for decades.

9 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

This is easy as usually one is a giver and the other is a taker. In this case I would say the old farang is the giver and the younger Thai man is the taker.

Nothing changes ,  whatever  the gender .

Wonder if the  Thai man visits his,,  err  mother in  the village ,  

Just now, Minnie the Minx said:

Well no, China will never do that obviously.

Great couple of gay friends here went to San Francisco to get married for legal reasons. Lovely poster somewhere else did the same, no need to have this circus imo. If you have the money anything is doable.

I wish the happy couple all the very best.

That's not accurate. I just got married to my partner in the USA and sure you can get married there. That being said I do not have legal rights in Thailand especially in regards to a visa based upon marriage.  

I had to get the TE visa because of that so I guess anything is possible if you have money is kind of true. However it is still discrimination. 

Many straight marriages are bigger circuses and don't get the negative comments this one gets.

Archived