Pattaya police hot on the trail of fortune teller con artist who tricked teens shopping in department store

webfact

Pattaya police hot on the trail of fortune teller con artist who tricked teens shopping in department store

6pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Chon News

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya police have issued a warrant for the arrest of a person posing as a fortune teller who swindled three gullible Thai teens out of their phones.

The fortune teller told the teens they would face terrible bad luck if they did not do something to rectify the situation.

That entailed handing over their property worth a combined total of 20,000 baht, reported Siam Chon News.

The innocent girls thought it was the only way to be certain of good luck but when they got home their livid parents saw red and went to the cops.

Pattaya station chief Apichai Krobpetch said that a warrant has now been issued by the local court.

No name was given but he said that the suspect was likely hiding in the Bang Lamung area after the social media outcry surrounding the case.

The fortune teller was a con-artist pure and simple, he said.

Source: Siam Chon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-11

So should 'fortune tellers' not need a license to show they're qualified? You could set up a test where they have to guess and predict the right answers. The ones who know can have a license. This way we can completely eradicate this nonsense 'profession' where people have these powers, and people can get back to working hard for things they want as opposed to paying for luck or wying inanimate objects. 

Hey, hey, hey. i went to that guy last week. He said he was the most 'in touch' seer in Thailand.I parted with 20,000 baht.I went back yesterday to his spot, because the things he told me hadn't worked out. He wasn't there, but there was note on the place where i saw him, saying, "closed due to unforeseen circumstances!"

If a kid was never introduced into the world of "logical-thinking" (=cause & effect), all you have left is to fall back on fortune-telling, ghosts in general, and if that doesn't do the trick, there remains always the local temple.
Cheers.

i'm a fortune teller. send me a PM and i'll give you my bank account details. when the money is deposited, i'll send you a PM with my reading for you.:ph34r:

Edited by johnno2