Modern Thai Fonts

RAZZELL

Not sure if this is the right place but here goes. I am "attempting" to design a logo in Thai script.

I'm trying to find a website which gives examples of "modern" ie designed or stylised Thai fonts.

Something like this but in Thai:

https://typekit.com/search?query=serif&utf8=✓

or

https://www.fontshop.com/

I found this:

https://www.linotype.com/7117/thai.html

Anyone more any ideas?

Many thanks

RAZZ

Well it's an old timer idea, and I would guess they have Thai fonts.
The Adobe suit of applications is the way to go, I think, but haven't been designing things for awhile. While teaching year 12 we did projects like designing the next communications device (I think with In Design, may be wrong). Many, many Projects using the Adobe suit.
It's an expensive outlay (for most people. ) If they have Thai fonts, use their programs, and in 6 months you'll be the envy of all.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

But that means you have re-direct your site to Google as it is web-based only?

I like the Trirong font.

RAZZ

50 minutes ago, Oxx said:

No.  All Google web fonts are downloadable.

It all depends on your usage... Online, as for a website, they should not be downloaded. Offline, as for a document or anything local, they can be.

11 minutes ago, DTiger said:

Online, as for a website, they should not be downloaded.

Rather an over generalisation.  By using the fonts direct from Google is slow:  (a) it requires an extra DNS lookup, and (b) download is slow.  In many cases it's better to download the font, removing redundant characters, convert it to a webfont, and host it on one's own website.

16 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Rather an over generalisation.  By using the fonts direct from Google is slow:  (a) it requires an extra DNS lookup, and (b) download is slow.  In many cases it's better to download the font, removing redundant characters, convert it to a webfont, and host it on one's own website.

Sorry, but that's what I would call an over-generalization :-) Where & How is your website hosted? Where are your visitors from? How famous is that one font? Etc. Try to beat google servers with a shared hosting from LOS would not be a great idea for example.

Just my 2 cents :jap:

10 hours ago, Maestro said:

Would one really want to use a web-hosted font to display one's logo on one's website? I would type the logo, take a screenshot and put the image on the website.

You're so right ... even if I could find limit case(s) where it could have some interest.

Anyway the logo was just the OP's first question.