Police top brass congratulate themselves on successful pre-Songkran crime sweep

webfact

Police top brass congratulate themselves on successful pre-Songkran crime sweep

2am.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

BANGKOK: -- National Police have announced the results of a 10 day crime crackdown ahead of the Songkran holidays with nearly 1,500 arrests made.

Suthep Decharaksa, a deputy at the national police HQ, said that 269 sex offenders of various descriptions had been rounded up and 1,216 cases on the CCOC database were resolved, reported Thai News Agency.

The CCOC contains arrest warrants for all criminal suspects in Thailand.

Among the sex offenders was one rape murderer, dozens of rapists and molesters, nearly 100 flashers and others responsible for lewd behavior and ten human traffickers.

Of the CCOC haul 17 murders were cleared up, three robberies, 32 attempted murders, five snatch thefts, 156 theft cases, 144 embezzlement, 139 swindlers, 96 drugs cases and more than 600 unspecified other criminal cases.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-13

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

Of the CCOC haul 17 murders were cleared up, three robberies, 32 attempted murders, five snatch thefts, 156 theft cases, 144 embezzlement, 139 swindlers, 96 drugs cases and more than 600 unspecified other criminal cases.

Hmm, ok, well done, but let's save the congratulations until after successful prosecutions. 

Edited by Bluespunk

This reminds me of one of those ultra pc school sports days when everybody gets a medal for attending.
Why praise them for doing their jobs. Someone should be thinking about what they are doing (& not achieving) during the rest of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"National Police have announced the results of a 10 day crime crackdown...Among the sex offenders was one rape murderer, dozens of rapists and molesters, nearly 100 flashers and others responsible for lewd behavior and ten human traffickers."

And that was before they even made it out of the police station. 

Seems they were a bit LATE in arresting the scammer who left 1500+ people waiting at Suvarnabhumi for a promised Tokyo trip that they paid for and didn't receive.

What???  The scammer involved had multiple prior arrest warrants out for her. What??? Cathay Pacific went to police two weeks before the aborted trip to file a formal complaint, saying their name had been used to promote the trip, but none of their airlines had been or could be chartered.  And what happened as a result of all that?  Nothing, until all the victims showed up at the airport one day.

As for the stats quoted in the OP article, just wondering, how many of the various rapists, molesters, etc were released on bail (payment to police) even before the above article hit the news wire? Then to go on about their business until the next time, and the next, and the next, etc.

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Hmm, ok, well done, but let's save the congratulations until after successful prosecutions. 

they tend to collect a  cash fine rather than handing the cases on to the prosecutors.

i am just wondering if they are giving themselves rewards for all their good work. i wish i had the money to give myself a cash reward.

they tend to collect a  cash fine rather than handing the cases on to the prosecutors.
i am just wondering if they are giving themselves rewards for all their good work. i wish i had the money to give myself a cash reward.

Maybe that cash should go to the 82 families (so far & rising) who have lost loved ones on the worlds most dangerous and Un-policed roads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk